Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

You would need a still air box or a clean area. Make separate spawns of different stuff then transfer a little of each to a new jar. Should be able to just seal the jar again. Seems like a lot of trouble for food that won’t have mushrooms in it just mycelium. Does it add a lot of flavor to dishes?

2 Likes

I will try. Most of medical mushrooms products are from dryed mycellium cultivated on grains. I know that fungi perfecti use rice. They dont even separate mycellium from grains. Who knows, maybe flavor would be most intresting part. It should not be problems with production. Sterile technics are not crucial. It will be sealed and sterilised after mixing. Will see
My concern is that it will be overcooked, awful taste… There is some medical mushrooms that i know i will use. For edible im not sure with which one i should try

2 Likes

So you just want the mycelium on the grains and then you’ll cook with it? If your native language is easier I have google translate and can try to help more. I’m living in foreign country so I understand your dilemma.

2 Likes

B+ injected in mycohaus 5lb all in one kit bags. In 6quart shoesbox tum with coco/perlite casing layers.

14 Likes

Your about to have a bountiful harvest, enjoy!

3 Likes

thank you. it will be useful. I was able to make 3 tubs from 2x5lb kit bags. I used Dr.Myc’s spray but I still lost one of the tubs to trichoderma couple days ago. Hopefully I get a couple of flushes from each bin and that will see me through the winter to spring.

2 Likes

What is this? Are those premade bags, already inoculated?

You like to free the mind? That’s a lot!

3 Likes

no. dr.Myc is a pwder mentioned in this thread. it suposed to help avoid trichderma. The kit bag from mycohaus are rye+manure substrate.

microdosing supply for a couple of people. due to humidity in my house, it is difficult to grow mushrooms december to march.

2 Likes

I ran tubs with no holes and lids on unless I fanned them. I think they were to wet sometimes. I didn’t wanna ruin a good tote by drilling holes in it.

They look good!

2 Likes

They grow up so fast.

9 Likes

Psylocibin @SaintAliasKnife ? Really nice!

2 Likes

yes. B+ strain.

2 Likes

@SaintAliasKnife I’d love to learn how to do it !! Is there a diy how to thread? Thanks!

3 Likes

Lite reading to get you started. Need any help, just ask!

4 Likes

Go here bud

5 Likes

Thanks friends, both you @MidwestMover and my dear one @Floyd!!! I’ll look into it!!!

3 Likes

Its a great site. So much shroom info. :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

I bulk up onto straw fruiting blocks and do cubes like this. Kinda like the straw log tech, you don’t have to worry about side and bottom pins, the just fruit all over!
Multiple blocks in each tub.

20 Likes

I’ve kinda piecemeal-ed it from the shroomery and asking stupid questions to @toastyjakes .

yup yup yup!!! this is it. I got my kit bags from mychhaus and the syringes from sporeworks.

if you mention shroomery at sporeworks, you get freebies.

@Budderton Nice setup!!

6 Likes

Can anyone identify this mushroom that I just found?

2 Likes