Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Calvatia cyathiformis or a purple spore puff ballā€¦

Usually edible if they are white inside but stillā€¦ Iā€™m not that good at id

1 Like

Thanks TJ! I found several and they are white inside. Donā€™t know if I should risk it or notā€¦

1 Like

Every mushroom is edibleā€¦ Onceā€¦

If unsure, do not risk it

9 Likes

My monotub has been fruiting for a month now. Had a bit of a wrestling match with one mushroom on this corner to get it out, and now itā€™s very discolored in that area. Anyone know if this is a bad thing?

Here is the full bin that I just harvested for reference:

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a bad thing. Mold that will spread. How many flushes have this tub produced? Looks like itā€™s done and starting to contaminate. Cover the spots with an iso soak papper towel so it doesnā€™t puke spores everywhere and put it in the compost outside.

5 Likes

The tub has had three flushes. Definitely got what I need from it, just wanted to see how far it can go. If what is growing in there becomes unsafe in any way Iā€™ll want to put an end to the tub

3 Likes

Not necessarily unsafe. But if your gonna grow again you donā€™t want more unwanted spores around. Bury it outside hope you see some pop up in the spring. I always got a couple extra flushes outside.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a cool idea, Iā€™ll do that! It has been fun being able to look at this tub every day, but if it is going to continue to mold I think itā€™s time to shut her down

2 Likes

Just remembered that this will show up on search engines so nevermind.

2 Likes

Everything here does that? What has stopped anyone from posting? Lol

But honestly youā€™ve got it nailedā€¦ pc at 15psi for 60minutesā€¦ mix your sub 2parts verm 1part brown rice flour 1 part water.

Let cool overnight after PC and inject about 1cc in 4 different spots and set til colonized and consolidated.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Yeaā€¦buddy

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just finished re-reading this thread in its entirety for like the third time, so I finally decided itā€™s time to give it a goā€¦

Coming soon?

12 Likes

I orders some and purchased a spores and pressure cooker. I couldnā€™t figure it out. I got nothing for that investment. I was really wanting to see what it was all about.

2 Likes

Yeah, I might not get anything either, but I wanna give it a try just the same. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to learn something, at the very least?

5 Likes

Iā€™m gonna try it again at some point. I still have some spores left. I will probably just pour them outside somewhere.

2 Likes

Its not that hard I was successful my first time and many times after that

5 Likes

Iā€™m kinda hoping itā€™s like my first cannabis grow: nothing to crow about, but successful enough to be happy :smiley:

4 Likes

I did PF cakes the first time and then went to mono tubs. Quickly had an excess of shrooms. Lol

6 Likes

Iā€™m gonna try that, and simultaneously at another location some pre-built grain bags into a monotub. Hopefully one or both will succeed :laughing:

3 Likes