Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Thanks for the advice. I do appreciate it.

I’d tried the lemon tek before but didn’t strain. Nearly gagged on that.

I’ll def try the PB sandwich.

2 Likes

it’s much easier to handle without the pulp. An old tshirt does just fine and doesn’t stain it after a wash. I tried it once without straining and had a bad time as well, my tongue got coated with all the rehydrated powder, fucking awful. I’d suggest giving it another shot

2 Likes

Ah, there’s another thing I did wrong. I’ve actually tried the lemon tek twice. First time with a rough chop on the shrooms which just rehydrated and made them all the worse to choke down. Second was with powder, unstrained. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Aaaaaand today

15 Likes

nice looking canopy!

3 Likes

I like to minidose them in a smoothie. 0.25g in a smoothie blender, then split the smoothie between two people and you have enough to feel it slightly and have a really good day, but not trip. Totally functional and prevents anxiety/depression for the next week or so in most people prone to that type of thing.

For consuming larger amounts, I prefer grinding them lightly and steeping for 20min in a french press, starting with boiling water and a couple tea bags to cut the flavor. Strain, pour, and 30min later your blasting off. It’s a very fast trip this way, but good nonetheless. Nearly eliminates the stomach upset.

9 Likes

Think I’m probably gonna go with pre sterilized grain bags from midwest or something like that. I’m a bit lazy. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

seriously, at that point save a bunch of money and just go with Uncle Bens brown rice bags. It’s a negligible amount of extra work, you have to put a piece of micropore tape over the injection hole and make another small hole towards the top and cover it with tape as well. I’ve tried both, and the UB bags always colonized faster from spores for me. And if you have contamination, you’re not out $20-40.

6 Likes

LC from spore solution. 0.3% LME Few days old. Cambodian

I already made one and it is clean. I made it with 4% LME and when i inoculate it on grain it is pretty lazy.
Grains with 4% multispore LC. Cambodian

Multispore grow from old spore solution. Koh Samui

One side note
Something good happened.
My daughter, 15 years old, realized what kind of mushrooms I grow. We had a conversation and I was impressed with how rational and firm she is. I’m actually proud.
The best in all this is this. She is the reason why I stopped growing cannabis five years ago. I was afraid that she would tell someone.
So in the fall I can re -activate grow room and equipment.

10 Likes

One bag of UB brown rice… and a little over an equal ratio of moist coco and this morning looks like this

16 Likes

The only complaint I really have about the rice bags is the rice clogs the needle easily. But as long as you use a SAB, the Ben tek does work. Problem is usually contaminated spores.

2 Likes

I just cut a small corner off the top and injected on the top and let it kinda run down the sides, then micropore over the corner and wait …

Also, most of my inoculations are done in open air at my kitchen counter :joy:

3 Likes

Pretty good haul for a half pint of grain! :+1:

7 Likes

Reading the three different ways to speed it up had me laughing my ass off. Makes me want to make a ginger lemon Mazatapec cup of tea. I think I will!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like teas but they come on fast and intense for me lol

Can’t watch metalocalypse anymore because of mush teas lol

4 Likes

I had search clips of that on youtube` jesuz that looks weird as sh*t.

2 Likes

So when I harvested the tubs I didn’t pick all the immature ones. So after the soak and having the lid on for a couple days, here’s flush 1.5 with many many more pins forming at the substrate level For f second flush.

10 Likes

This is the first time I have been doing this genetics.
There is a aerial micelium from on the whole surface. I lifted the lid a little to increase FAE

The substrate is a straw pellets, coco coir, vermiculite and gypsum.
I don’t think the substrate is a cause, because already in the jar micelium shows such behavior

What should I do?

6 Likes

Keep going looks dope!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There isn’t a bunch if condensation in the jar and the grain looks fully colonized, you should be good. It just just be the genetics, not all mycelium grow the same, though people look for the stringy wibby like growth, the thick mycelium can still perform fine. One just tends to spread faster than the other.

5 Likes