Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

I feel like this one might be good to take some transfers from, but I’m new to this stuff so feedback welcome.

It’s an aggressive T1, one of the most recent ones I took, which is what first got my attention. Should I wait longer?

6 Likes

Transfer one of this fingers that is stretching out. You can do the transfer as soon as you can take the sample.

3 Likes

If you’re in fruiting it’s probably FAE, just increase that a bit and make sure you’re still misting as needed. If it’s in colonization it could be it’s not getting enough nutrients to feed on. If you’re already giving FAE I assume you’re in fruiting though so just adjust and keep going

2 Likes

To all of us with tomato/pepper gardens out there, this little horror show is for you :smiling_imp:
I just infected the pupas with Cordyceps militaris by injecting some LC directly into them. Then as a test, I put some drops of LC on the hornworm caterpillars, those ones are about to pupate, so I’ll be injecting any that don’t show signs of colonization.

Then the sinensis experiment. I saw some gnat larva crawling on one of the hornworms that I could see, so I proceeded to dig them out and clean up and see what’s going on. Out of 5, it looks like I got one that look mostly colonized, one that is half, the others got mushy… as a note, that one that is half way colonized, the half that isn’t colonized is the part that I could see though the side of the container, that was getting very subdued, shadowed light. The other half and the one that is almost completely colonized was completely hidden and in completely dark. I’ve burried them in a new container of pasteurized coir

I’m going to try again with some younger ones that aren’t just about to pupate. I’m also going to try another set of the packaged silkworms, but more inoculation points this time, maybe even just add them to some colonized grain.

8 Likes

No, it is in vegetative stage

Pic from above post.

Same area 30 or so hours later

I lifted the lid because I thought there was too much moisture in the air. It is interesting that I made this substrate with less water than usual.
I do not know. It looks like it could affect the knots formation.
I think I’ll put a casing tomorrow.

6 Likes

When it’s colonizing and reaching it’s either ready to go into fruiting or it’s running out of a different nutrient from my understanding. From the looks of the second pic it’s definitely ready to go into fruiting conditions

4 Likes

Ok
So I will not put a casing layer and I will immediately start with ventilation
Thanks
@msm187

4 Likes

This… That tub is good to go.

Should be pretty exciting in there to

3 Likes

Got some funky chunky third flush fruits coming in. Kinda surprised, given how beat up the substrate is, tbh.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Flush 1.5 of the first box done yesterday, all the immature little ones I left when I did the first harvest. new pins still forming

10 Likes

Holy smokes those are tall. This tub is gonna be a perpetual harvest for a while huh? Nice :laughing:

4 Likes

Yea… not expecting this type of lanky mess lol.
Got LC Of another strain going now, see what they do

3 Likes

Hey all, I have a newb question. Do you all have advice or tips for a good second flush? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m only on my first go, but I’ve let them soak weighed down from overnight to 24 hours. But Ive also just added some water down the side of the bin after each small harvest and basically let it bottom water, pour out what ever is left (if any) after a day.

4 Likes

Thanks, should I seal the tub for any amount of time or just continue fruiting? I did soak for about 8 hours yesterday. Sorry if this is obvious. :slight_smile: :man_dancing: :mushroom:

5 Likes

Nope, soak, drain, fan away…come back later and pour any excess drainage out

5 Likes

Thank you, bud. I did seal it up just in case, but I’ll go open it up now! :+1: :wind_face: :mushroom:

3 Likes

MS waiting first flush

Different MS first flush

13 Likes

can’t wait to see how that one pins. It looks great

3 Likes