Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 2)

5 Likes

Hey everyone!

Itā€™s been over 20 years since Iā€™ve dived into mycology but now Iā€™m back along with my :broccoli: but with a different purpose.

Those years back had me focusing on Amazonian Cubensis, as divination tools. I was growing Salvia Divinorum at the same time so it was all in all a bigā€™ol spiritual awakening series of years. :sweat_smile:

But now instead of seeking answers to questionsā€¦ Iā€™m looking to grow out some fine fruit that will help my partner with her chronic pain via micro dosing.

So here I am asking all you humble fabulouses for opinions of the best strain on this list that would be best to use for microdosing for pain.

The list is what is available to me at my highly trusted local hydro shop.

Thanks all yā€™all for any and all help!

:v: :grin:

12 Likes

You have returned to ā€œThe Brotherhood of The Screaming Abyss.ā€ Terence would be proud. :mushroom: :dragon: :rainbow:

5 Likes

Hello :heart: i looking for spoors to grow mushrooms . I have not grow that befour!!! But now i Will testning this and doit goood. Can anyone help me ???

1 Like

Check out Mushroommanmycology.com ā€¦ also a sponsor here!

5 Likes

@Magu thanks!

Anyone have any strain suggestions for micro-dosing for pain?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never heard of anyone microdosing for general pain. For migraines, yes.

That said, I donā€™t recognize most of those listed, but a lot of people agree that a cube is a cube, so probably any are probably fine. Something easy to grow would be my rec - like B+.

I will say that well grown KSSS are my favorite cubes. But they can be kind of finicky. PE are always a good choice.

3 Likes

Atlantas but not the shrooms but the sclerotia

1 Like

@Pleiochasium & @StrongerthanDirt thanks!

She gets migraines all the time, this is one of the many types of chronic pain she is trudging through.

:hugs:

2 Likes

Apes are very easy on the stomach and taste like a typical white button grocery store but for physical pain and body type issues would def go with the sclerotia from the atlantas. Very easy to grow and harvest too

5 Likes

Natalensis and Iā€™ll send you an agar dish for free if youā€™re in the US lol

7 Likes

Youā€™re amazing @GrowTheAtlas !

Though Iā€™m in :canada: so boo to me! :rofl:

3 Likes

Prints cross the border easily enough.

5 Likes

My order from aPlusGrain finally arrived! :+1:
It sat in ā€œpre-shipmentā€ for over a week, waiting for USPS to pick it up :expressionless:

Ordered 3x 3lbs ā€œ7 grain blendā€ spawn bags and 2x 3lbs all-in-one spawn/sub grow bags. The vendor included an extra grow bag for free! So thatā€™s 3x grow bags received.

Unpacked everything and have it airing out while I wait for a week, per the instructions. One or two of the grain bags have some extra wet looking parts. Not squishy but it looks like it could be bacterial. The bags were kinda wet on the outsides when I unrolled them. I hope that there wonā€™t be any problems with these after sitting packed up in the shipping box for the extra week. Gonna use them either this weekend or next!

3 Likes

You should be fine. This is already inocculated and ready to grow right? If Bacterial you can tell by the colors. Bacterial isnā€™t the worst will just hurt your yields. Now white or green spots becareful and keep separate from other bags just in case. What kind are you growing edible or psychoactive?

1 Like

That works well for you? That is awesome sab are a bitch to work in. You use the condiment cups as well I see. So your sterilize then pour? I just PC the condiment cups. The bottom is pp5 so all good just need to put foil over lid so it doesnā€™t melt. The lids arenā€™t pp5.

1 Like

These are fresh grain & all-in-one bags, not inoculated yet.

In the past Iā€™ve had to deal with bacterial bags. Once after I nocā€™ed up and one time received bacterial from a vendor (someone on Etsy, canā€™t remember who). Thereā€™s a funky yeasty smell when it goes bacterial and so far I donā€™t notice that with my new grain bags. Just keeping an eye for a few days to make sure. A Plus Grains seems to have a good policy about replacing bags if thereā€™s a problem before inoculation.

3 Likes

Ok ya so you are good so now glad to hear it.

My buddy has had a ton of problems with A+ but results may vary obviously lol

Hillbilly Pumpkin from MycoCatGenetics

13 Likes