Z Strain from Mushroom Man Mycology:

12 Likes

Big Blue & Mean :heart:

Blue Meanies

11 Likes

What is your substrate?

I’m using these:

2 Likes

Cool thanks. I wondered why so dark but it’s manure based. Happy growing and good luck.

1 Like

Thanks!
I think it’s colonizing fairly fast, here is what it looks like just in a couple days:

Another bag just starting:

8 Likes

Ya that is some healthy mycelium growth and moving quickly looking good!

Out of likes but looks great definitely like to see these fruit…always scared to do manure based bags in the house for whatever reason so stoked to see how these turn out for you

2 Likes

6 Likes

Mckennaii started to finally pin today.

5 Likes

HBP

12 Likes

That’s one hell of a mushy looking mushie

5 Likes

HBP is really not potent but it yields good lol it’s more of a trophy strain than anything, just to see how big you can get them

4 Likes

Mushrooms are a PITA to grow. Who’d have thought a fungus needed you to be clinically clean to get a yield from them. Not saying its not worth the effort though as it is but they are hard work.

2 Likes

It all depends on how you look at it brother. 91% iso, gloves, a box fan with a HEPA filter taped to the front of it, and a pressure cooker is all I have as far as sterilization goes

3 Likes

It’s a pain in the ass buddy BUT that’s not gonna stop me growing them. I won’t be beaten. When I set a goal I won’t stop until I conquer my task. These Mckennii I’ve got going are my 3rd attempt growing them. Last 2 got contaminated

2 Likes

Years ago when I was living with two other people I got the itch to do a few runs so I made some makeshift clean space with a little hepa filter room cleaner and a giant clear thin trash bag taped around the exhaust :laughing: Cut a slit to put hands through, load up sterilized materials from the pressure cooker into the bag then let the fan run for a while and it was ready to rock. Not the most convenient way to get it done but hey it worked lol

2 Likes

Simple sterile setup = open your oven, lay foil on your door, set it to keep warm, and then wearing a mask and gloves do your work. The hot air rising causes any fine particles from falling on your stuffs.

:v:

9 Likes

I went from a sterile freak to basiclly just flame sterilizing needles/blades and using lysol disinfectant spray on my tubs before adding coir and spawn and don’t get contams. I don’t even where gloves when mixing spawn and sub. If you can get to the point of having clean innoculant(spores, agar , LC ) there should be no reason you should be getting contam.

1 Like

You can keep it simple. I rock flush after flush in my veg room with the occasional greenie of course but I buy bags and pre-made syringes in sterilite shoe boxes with coco verm i mix so no hood etc but pay more for pre-made

1 Like