Musty Smell in Tent

Stated RH earlier was for the room the tent is in.

Moved the hygrometer into the tent and it is 20%.

Another thought. Phantom smells and you are just tripping lol

1 Like

The white on the side of the pots is most likely salts from nutes i get it on my fabric pots every grow

2 Likes

My wife has a pretty good nose and she said it smells fine. I really do suspect it is the one plant that just smells earthy/musty. Photos I have seen with PM or mold donā€™t resemble my plants at all.

But Iā€™m going to hit them a few more times with H2O2 because the first treatment seems to have done no harm. Better safe than sorry?

1 Like

Ya, it was there last time I grew and there was no off smell. And I didnā€™t clean/wash them so some of it has to be from the last grow.

1 Like

Soil staying wet for too long? Howā€™s air flow? Iā€™m sure ur already on it, but Iā€™d recommend a small fan level with ur pots

Soil staying wet? Maybe. I tend to underwater regularly rather than overwater irregularly, but it has never been an issue before. Drainage is excellent, however, and if I had root rot or some other issue due to too much water, the plants wouldnā€™t be nearly as healthy as they are.

This was 6 days ago and they look the same except I have defoliated more and removed some less productive side branches to thin things out and allow them to breath more. Cogitech's Conservatory

Air flow: 6" active intake rushing in the bottom, left to right - level with the pots, but angled up about 30 degrees to encourage that fresh air to move through the stalks. 6" fan blowing through top of canopy, right to left. The fan creates negative pressure which helps draw the intake air through the (defoliated) bottom third of the plants, and then up through the fan and across the canopy. 6" active exhaust with carbon filter. The fan that drives the exhaust is plenty powerful (so much so that I had to open a hole in the loop to reduce negative pressure in the tent (sides were sucking WAY in)).

Some moulds are good for plants. Especially ones that grow in healthy soil.

If they are looking fine, no darkening of leaves or stalks and no white powder on them either, you probably just have some fungus in your soil helping to break it down.

1 Like

I am using organic nutes, so the soil environment certainly is compatible with what you just said.

Yes, the plants themselves are the picture of health.

If it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix?

1 Like

I hear you. Especially when my wife smelled it and she said she doesnā€™t smell anything odd.

But it is there. I do think it is just that plant. It is my own cross, so maybe Iā€™ve just created something with a weird mix of terpenes.

1 Like

I donā€™t know about urself, but when I open my tent it smells like 3 day old murdered skunk. Itā€™s just the strain I have, but the first round had me freaking-the-fuck out.

Is this ur first run of ur new cross?

2 Likes

Yes, and I can detect the smell the most when I zero my nose in on its buds. The thing is, it seems to be overshadowing the smells of the other plants, by a large margin.

CBDream x Critical Kush

2 Likes

God damn those are gorgeous.

Ur RH is too low and airflow too high for mold.

I think u just have a stinky plant bro! Lol

I recommend a healthy dose of LITFA and observe.

Sending good vibes ur way.

4 Likes

Thanks man!

LITFA it is. Iā€™ll post some more pics later.

4 Likes

Not the greatest photo, but if you zoom in you can see the buds stacking up along the branch. Using a combination of 3500K COB and blurple.

3 Likes

Top of same branch. Again sorry for the crap photo. Getting frosty with at least 5 weeks to go.

2 Likes

I would try taking a shower before you enjoy some nakked gardening. :joy:

I have had plants smell like a bag of hot potting mix before, in a 70* environment lol. Terps are wild bro, looks like your babies are happy to me.

3 Likes

Took me a minute to figure out what LITFA is. Greatest acronym ever.

2 Likes

I should probably follow up by saying that this was never a mold or mildew issue. The plants finished flowering just fine and the one plant that had the odd smell while growing ended up smelling of very ripe bananas after the buds cured. It is damned nice smoke! :grin:

2 Likes