Mutant leaves on bagseed grow - what is it?

Pollinated a feminised GG clone :grimacing:

6 Likes

Who on earth comes up with this stuff?? This is cool! How do I learn more about this? So that’s how feminized seeds are made? How are autos made then? I too am new to all of this and still learning. @Baz4 your plant looks cool man! Hope you post pix to the end

2 Likes

Autoflowers are genetically different so that they flower at an age, not dependent upon a certain amount of light

2 Likes

The auto genes come from crossing strains with ruderalis, a short bushy weed plant that grows in colder climates with short summers and adapted to survive, ignoring the amount of sun and just going for it.
Or something like that.

2 Likes

Ah ok that’s so awesome. And people think potheads are a bunch of ding dongs​:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks @Dalorean - it was a pretty cool plant, but I trashed him after he performed his fatherly duties :joy: I wasn’t really planning on breeding, but I couldn’t just toss him :woman_shrugging:t2: So yeah, made some (Gorilla Duck? Duck Glue?) seeds.

3 Likes

Gorilla tape. Its too perfect

4 Likes

Now I have this albino looking GSC photo fem! It couldn’t wait to germinate, but it popped out like this…

4 Likes

It all took time and many many mistakes of people who like and see things in a different way I guess…

Like anything else, by accident I guess… when you look for something you end up finding something else you weren’t expecting :grin:

Want a good example? The Scottish researcher Alexander Fleming and penicillium discovery.

1 Like

That was an interesting read. I love the fact that he was described as a ‘careless lab technician’ and yet revolutionised the world of medicine!

1 Like

Or how Madame Currie discovered radio activity…

1 Like

So excited to get mail today from @CADMAN ! :grin: Arrived safe and sound in Australia from my favourite country! :heart:
Thank you sooo much!

7 Likes

Bubblegum autos gifted by @CADMAN
100% germination rate so far

Number one was a huge seed that got soaked and planted twice (first soak only cracked the seed - after 2 days in coco, I threw it back in the drink with a new seed). Really didn’t expect it to pop at all!

4 Likes

I am so glad they germinated for you. Happy Growing.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks! So am I. :seedling::deciduous_tree: Happy growing to you too.

2 Likes

Day 4 for Bubblegum Auto number 1. Massive stretch occurred first night after popping. Under stronger lights now. Already topped up with more coco/perlite. Will bury stem more when ready for transplant. @CADMAN

2 Likes

And two day old Gorilla Tape (Gorilla Glue x Mutant duck bagseed - name suggested by @anon93244739)

2 Likes

4 Likes

Time for an update:

1 Like

2 Likes