My Bubble hash making tech

Buddy sounds like the classic leading a horse to water scenario…

As I understand it, the mildew spores are everywhere, they just need the correct environment to multiply. That said I do my best to keep spore densities to a minimum in the grow environment (and not give the spores a grow opportunity).
Touch wood? :laughing: :call_me_hand:

So how do you do a contamination scan?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

heh heh the contamination scan goes like this:
I get a sample of buddy’s weed a bud after it’s dry then I get out my microscope and I start cutting off small bits of plant and putting it under the scope. Then, I start looking for contamination. I look for fibers, eggs, exoskeletons, growing medium, and anything else abnormal. Fungus…etc. Whatever you can see at up to 1600x magnification which is pretty much anything, but…you don’t need to go that hardcore, usually 400x can resolve anything. I don’t care about things like cotton fibers or some human skin cells, but you have to spend time getting to know what an uncontaminated plant looks like and what kind of contamination you are looking at. Figuring out what things were took a few years initially, but now I can pick out strange objects and even know what they are compared to other known objects right? lol! Ok so my control group for clean weed is my own supply, so I know what it SHOULD look like. The creepiest shit I ever saw was phase contrast hash oil with spider mite eggs in it. GROSS!!! Or trichomes with mildew spores on them NASTY!
“Man this is good weed!”
“funny…it’s riddled with mite carcasses”
“Oh it’s the mite carcasses that are gettin’ me so HIGH!!!”
you might wonder how I can see like that buddy put some pesticide insecticide etc on there… well I got the phase contrast and a pair of eyes :wink: I got that microscope setup specifically for cannabis analysis. For my own crops. Then…I turned it like a laser on my friends crops…and I’m sure they hated it :smiley: except when they call me up for a scan. I did lots of scans for non profit they are always amazed at the things I can find. What I discovered is that only human eyes can see what a machine can’t. Oh I’m sure the worst was all that hash I scanned - every single one was contaminated! Oh for that I dissolve the hash in alcohol and see what the fuck is left behind! You don’t want me finding synthetic fibers in there or bits of dirt.

4 Likes

As for the mildew… it’s actually more complex than the spores are everywhere. There not actually everywhere, they are host specific. This means your plant material like old leaves and currently growing plants can harbor the spores. Like…if my pumpkin plants get mildew it’s never going to transfer to the tomatoes. But it will transfer to crops from the same family of plants, like squash. If you clean up the grow and make sure no plant material gets infected with mildew there should be no problems with it…ever. Mildew is like any other parasite on cannabis, it’s brought in on the host plant.

hmmm are you thinking what I’m thinking? I could do like a cannabis microscopy thread complete with gory details on what is what. Could probably compress a few years worth of scientific discovery into some dense posts with pictures of the most common contaminates.

10 Likes

That could be an interesting thread!
It would have a rather high “ick” factor but would go a long way to convincing folks to clean their outdoor grown plants and indoor folks to tighten up grow room hygiene :call_me_hand: :sunglasses:

Could be an Over Grow public service announcement…

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I started a thread under advanced techniques. I never thought all the things I learned could be useful for someone else. lol! Is there anything science can’t do? :wink:

6 Likes

Sadly, convincing smartphone addicted mouthbreathers to believe in science is a feat that science has yet to achieve. :joy::rofl::sob::confused:

Perhaps one day… :man_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

heh heh while it’s true that science can’t convince mouth breathers that it’s legit, science can at least explain how their mind is broken. I am happy I made the chocolate macaroons today, so I can make the meat breath hash tomorrow! Also, someone from the contest checked to make sure I was coming. I’m suuuper stoked to get legit so baked out of my mind, I never have time to get so wasted on like 1000 milligrams of THC fuck me. I’m gonna be so wasted I won’t even know my own name. JOY!
okok so I have the microscope set up, so I’m on my way. Remember my prediction is yields are better than the king tut but not as good as the big bud. Although shit, from that photo over on the other thread… it’s going to be close? We’ll see!
PS there is no cell phone service out here in the middle of nowhere… so no mobile mouth breathers!

2 Likes

great news! I Do believe…I found the second in command!

I will get closer to the number but I put in 697 grams looks like I got back 20 at least. pencil for scale. You can see a few tiny plant fibers, looks like a great batch!

5 Likes

This batch stunk the whole place up! It wasn’t like fruit salad or roses or lilacs like the other batches. This one is raw FUNK! I can’t wait to try it!

3 Likes

ok pictured here is a small plant fiber. You can see most of them are just the size of a trichome head or smaller. It’s not like the sand particles from growing medium, believe me. A few minor plant particles ain’t shit…but! If you are getting too many oh it makes a difference alright. The sparkles in the hash stop.

below is a hash smear, you can see it’s mostly random trichome heads.

7 Likes

yah lemme just repeat that, the tiny plant fibers don’t feel like sand between your fingers. That’s the purvey of random organics. If you have like a sandy hash it’s got random organics in it.

1 Like

Reminds me, now in real life I pass on what @ReikoX said about the testing process, to try and defeat the misconception that it has anything to do with a bud being 26% thc. I make sure they understand it’s about dissolving things in solvent and comparing the peaks to 100% thc peaks, not that it has anything to do with plant material.

3 Likes

here’s the hash smear the next day when it’s dried out.

I don’t really see any evidence of the environment changing the color of the hash. I guess that will take time to oxidize.

3 Likes

wow I found some old photos I made years ago of freeze dried hash I was prepping to rip.

6 Likes

ok I’ll show you what I really like in a hash nugget… It looks like I’m ripping shatter, but it’s really bubble hash.

Welcome to meat breath.

9 Likes

oh oh oh!!! I’m gonna piss my pants in excitement!!! HIPPY CRACK!!!

oh, and lookit the stuff! It’s shiny all over! It’s speaking to me!! Happy days are here!!! Oh yes and it climbs into my mind and says hello, how are you today! And I reply doing GREAT!!!

11 Likes

You figure some people just think the processes that happen to generate this hash are just too difficult to achieve? Or are the processes saying something about them they don’t like? When I look at this hash, I know it’s all been worthwhile. Am I hallucinating that the shit is good, like lying to myself? I think I have taken all precautions to eliminate self-delusion about the results. I mean, I see it in other people, right? Some turd comes up and claims their hash is the bestest, I’m definitely not hallucinating polymer fibers or growing medium. I only owe it to myself to crank out the best I possibly can, fuck the rest of 'em. My Worst hash is better than their Best. hah hah I know that sounds like I’m some kind of egomaniacal turd… but can you really deny the beauty of the results??

5 Likes

Very beautiful. I’m very jealous over here.

2 Likes

Just the same hash smear. I was monitoring it for any changes in the short term, like a color change or anything to indicate…something. If I see anything, it’ll be an observation data point - more valuable than gold itself. The last photo I took of it I had flipped it upside down by accident :slight_smile:

2 Likes