My First Amazon Grow

Thanks very much @Upstate

I believe the learning curve will be great but am super grateful to have the support of a person such as yourself…much appreciated!

3 Likes

Great idea, I do have a nylon camping hammock. Just need a couple trees. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Valeu e muito pelo seu apoio e oferta de ajuda…espero mesmo que as sementes ainda vão achar o ruma da minha casa, mas se não chegar até o final de fevereiro…com certeza vou precisar da sua ajuda…

muito grato

1 Like

Aloha to you too! @Uknow808

Hopefully there will be plenty to see…

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your message of support and advice @LilJonB …the plan is to curb the effect of the violent rains with a high transparent cover although this does increase the humidity slightly…hoping to curb this with a thinning of the vegetation around the grow to allow more of the prevailing winds…

4 Likes

Rain water is great and in the cheap! Lol feed my plants RW when ever I can! It just seems to give them more pep IMO.

5 Likes

You are absolutely right. Not only is rain free, it has trace amounts of nitrate nitrogen (which plants easily absorb) and microlife as well. Like a very light tea, full of oxygen. Rain barrels are the way to go for organics!

5 Likes

Speaking of rain barrels.

Here’s mine 30 gal drum.

Home to a single wild tilapia.

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

13 Likes

Stupid Washington state it illegal to catch rain water. I mean we have shit tons on the Westside. Why not? Oh wait… you need to be relying on public services. Government…

4 Likes

I usually throw a couple minnows in my Barrel in the summer. to eat mosquito larvae. I’m guessing that’s what the tilapia is for?

5 Likes

Yup he eats everything even plant roots which he loves. No larvae in that barrel :+1:t4: had a few small guppies with him but they were eaten when I lagged on feeding him. :rofl:

7 Likes

That’s lame you cant catch rain water. Funking government and thier BS rules.

4 Likes

Had a perfect spot for it too.

4 Likes

I’d say do it incognito status style. Who the heck can say u cant have free rain water. Funk all that lol :rofl:

Aloha From Hawaii :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna rig something up. :metal::crazy_face::metal:

3 Likes

So excited to follow along with your amazon grow amigo!

Best of luck from Canada

3 Likes

Yeah! @George

12 Likes

Once the seeds have germinated in their trays, they’re going to be transferred over to these 4.2 gallon pots…

Here the young girls have the weak early-morning sun to warm up their limbs after a peaceful night of slumber… transparent sheeting and mango trees keep the strong rays and violent rains off…and strong nylon netting keeps the 2 and 4 legged villians at bay…chickens wouldn’t dare and i’ve even tested it to make it pig proof…

14 Likes

I really didn’t think it possible to make using a natural resource illegal…next they’ll be taxing us for using the sun…

8 Likes

Thats what I thought, I did the research and its a state law. Environmental harmful stuff might get you sick blah blah blah… for your safety type crap.

3 Likes