My first bagseed grow

I’ve used MG before for the veg stage of a c99 grow. It worked perfectly well although I used it at half strength. MG is a little high on the nitrogen. If it’s what you have handy then use it. Obviously when you flip to 12/12 or it starts it’s bloom stage I’d cut MG out all together and use a bloom nutrient.

1 Like

I’ve been obsessively taking care of them for 2 weeks straight all day everyday. I feed them when the topsoil gets dry. I only fed nutes at ¼ strength and never directly at the base as they were prone to damping off at first for how leggy they were. They’re already 3 inches below the soil and what is above now is what I couldn’t stop. All I could do was brace them and hop for the best. One of the 2 that damped off survived and its one if the best ones now too.

Alo forgot to mention that I also pH tested my soil at every stage possible. Before watering, after watering, I test the nutes water, I test the water itself, and currently I have no runoff. I had to get them strong enough to handle the water I’d need to use first as damp soil just made them fall over before 5 days ago and I’ve been wracking my brain trying to get them as well fed as possible while they are leggy.

3 Likes

I have a local hydro/smoke shop I can get organic nutes from. Expensive for most things though compared to online or even my local Aubuchon.

ok… New post…

from the looks of your plants and the info that you provided it is my conclusion that it is a deficiency issue…

miracle grow is used by some and works but as pointed out it tends to be higher in nitrogen than most…
if you have some raw honey or molasses mix a few tbs it on with your next watering to add some P and K to your soil.

:grinning::smiley::smile:

2 Likes

do you have the ability to spend 3.18$ and wait 4 days for the only all in one nute you’ll ever need?

2 Likes

alot of growers on here (myself included) use Megacrop… free to try and for a smaller scale soil grower one 290g bag lasts for about 2 grows

4 Likes

In soil you don’t have to ph test at all. The soil will buffer the water to the correct levels. The temperatures you have seem ok. Mine often hit high 80s and the Plants seem to love it. Everything seems to be in order. My only concern is the light set up your using.

1 Like

Not rn now. Maybe later today. I apologise about my behavior. GrapeApe nailed it as I’ve been reading 1000s of forum posts trying to find my issue, but I’m not experienced enough to proceed the information yet. I have severe anxiety and sometimes it takes over. I had to post before I ripped all of them out because of a panic attack when it looked like tmv. The first pic that’s also in a imgur link for clarification is the plant that made me think it was.

4 Likes

Are we leaving droplets of water on the leaves during lights on?

This can cause burn spots on the leaves.

3 Likes

When I see 1 leaflet curling like that, I don’t stress for a second. Power through it. Remember seedlings that small need very little fertilizer, if any. It’s NOT TMV.

5 Likes

I usually try to wipe the water evenly across if I see droplets. And yes it is, but I’m completely nightblind. I can’t foliar feed in even dim lighting that won’t set off a light leak response. My eyes don’t adjust to darkness at all. I’d preferably be able to get the led they have at my local hydro shop soon. It’s most likely a knockoff kind LED at 140 for the K5 XL750, but if it’s even anything near what the kind ones are at(I know they’re bad) then for the money it should still be a good LED for the size and area I need covered

Maybe a flashlight, at the end of the 12 hours of lights on, won’t cause a problem with light leak and would allow you to foliar feed, after the lights are off.

5 Likes

I was given some diatomaceous earth and some bioneem. I foliar fed them last night after lights out and they responded extremely well. They’re showing roots near the surface. So I buried them with small mounds up to the starter leaves.
The soil was saying little damp at first. But it dried out by the end of the day. I have the next gallon of water ready when the topsoil is dry. I’ll have to get one of those aquarium stones to add oxygen.

I installed new lights last night also. Got a good deal on 5000k LED bulbs. I’ll be upgrading this as I go. Eventually I might head up to a place I can grow safely outdoors to see how they flourish. I just need to get my buddy with a truck to bring me if they get too big to keep indoors.

Here’s last nights pic.

Here’s today. I have a interesting looking stem on one.

They got a dusting of diatomaceous earth on the leaves to help keep the gnats off while the cilantro grows. The garlic chive will help also, but I plan on expanding this up at a place my buddy is letting me use. Large area and private area free from people. It has power if we want to make a green house, so I can do hydro.
It’s lights out for the girls. They’re already starting to smell like weed pretty strong.
Here’s the last picture before they went to bed. I foliar fed them. They were growing roots just under the surface of the soil, so I made mounds up to just under the starter leaves.

7 Likes

Ohh you got gnats why didn’t you just say that woulda saved all us a lot of typing lol.

1 Like

I’m assuming they were. I haven’t seen many. Just a couple once in awhile. They looked like they needed calcium anyways and they responded extremely well to it so far.

2 Likes

Ya bc larva suck out a lot of calcium to produce their adult exo-skeleton.

1 Like

hey @OniTenshu

you should edit the title of your post and move it to grow diarys since we seemed to have found your issue :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Anything look off on that stem? They’re all bagseed, but a couple came from Purple OG supposedly. I’m also curious about that leaf. It almost looks like a partial duckfoot. Weak growth?

Over all they look decent in one pic you can see the new growth is stunted. I’m 99% sure your issues are from pests. As I said b4 if you look at this as a learning experience all is well. Yet I doubt they’re gnats. More then likely your seeing root aphids. It’s extremely common in low grade soil. If this is the case your best off scraping this grow. I’ve fought them for 15 yrs n they still strike a deep gear into my heart. I’m not over exaggerating one bit. They reproduce a sexually and are born pregnant. They’re nearly impossible to kill. If you see a flyer that means your soil is fully infested. Bc they’re colinines only produce flyers after their fully developed. It’s not a necessary part of their life cycle like flying ants.

2 Likes

Done. Thank you! I was actually trying to do that earlier. Was out smoking with my buddies eating ice cream and climbing shit to show off. I was the only one to make it up there LoL. Anyways ramble over with(I tend to have severe ADHD) I figured it out. Just in time to relax while the babies sleep.

What should I be looking for to know when it’s time to start 18/6 cycle? I’m on a 20/4 one ATM.

Oh yeah! I have basil, oregano, cilantro, and garlic chives sharing space with the babies. I’m hoping I get girls, but I’m prepared for intersex and males.

I plan on getting some wood and mylar to make a growbox in that room. I can install carbon filters and insulation later once I’m back on my feet. I’ll do most anything for my children.

1 Like