My first cultivation ever.

It’s April 22 and it’s snowing here. Also, I bought the box. I run Co2 5 times a day for 3 minutes, I don’t have a measuring device so I don’t know if it’s too much or too little. And today I fertilized them. I love them every time I go to smoke :grin:.

9 Likes

Mushrooms and mushroom mycelium shed CO2 and absorb oxygen. Growing mycorrhyzal mushrooms in the same pots (mixing mycelium into the soil) is the ideal symbiosis.
Free food althewhile feeding your plants. The mycelium merges with the roots, making more nutrients and water available to the plant.

Elm oyster mushroom (hypsizygus ulmarius) works great for me.
You add it once and that’s it, it just keeps going, giving you random little mushies.
Always a pleasant surprise. :upside_down_face:

And one bag of mycelium is probably cheaper than the stuff you need to keep making CO2 over and over.

6 Likes

keep up the good work, plants are growing nicely!

2 Likes

They’re not using living soils, but my symbionts are blooming!

8 Likes

Update: 26 days after germination. 4 pieces transplanted into final containers. At least I put the rest in the bigger ones. I have no place or substrate.

11 Likes

Looking nice, keep it up. :raccoon::+1:

3 Likes

A layer of sand or 50/50 sand & peatmoss will keep the fungus gnats away.

They’re looking good!

4 Likes

Thirty-first day.

9 Likes

What is that silicone hose for?

2 Likes

That hose is on Co2. I can’t buy oyster mushrooms anywhere.

2 Likes

That looks like a 4x4 tent? Just curious how much wattage your lights have in there. I see the one light in your photos but I don’t recognize it. From my limited understanding you don’t start seeing benefits of CO2 until you’re really on the high end of wattage. I’m not great with the lighting units but I believe at something like 1000+ PPFD, which is around full strength natural sunlight, is when you should start supplementing with CO2. Which, in a 4x4 tent which is 16 square feet at 40 watts per foot is around 640 watts, give or take. I don’t want to tell you how to grow, only that you might save yourself some money on CO2 unless you’re actually getting value out of it. Just something to consider.

5 Likes

The box has 3.28x3.28 feet. The lamp has 350W. And thanks for the alert with the Co2 team. I need to get a better light.

2 Likes

The website Alibaba is where I got my kingbrite lights (I hope I’m not breaking any rules by talking about other sites but I don’t think I am). Those are about the cheapest price per watt lights I’ve found that are still very good. It you have some electrical skill I’ve seen lots of people build their own lights for even cheaper. Not sure what your budget looks like or if you have access to the same stuff, but let me know if I can be of any help.

3 Likes

Hello. Although I am an amateur, powering and assembling will not be such a problem. I just don’t know what to buy. Resp … What I will need.

2 Likes

I think over in the free seed/clones thread people were showing off their home made lights. I’m sure there’s a bunch of people here who have built them. You can maybe try starting a topic about it if you can’t find anything.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll see. Thanks for advice. I still have to see when to switch to 12/12.

1 Like

Your off to a great start! Got a lot of great people helping. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t I go to 12/12 anymore? From now on, I have two boxes to have more space. And I don’t have those lights too high?

Shouldn’t I cut them somehow?

7 Likes

děláte skvělou práci se svými rostlinami. pokud vyříznete nejvíce uzel nahoře, rostlina bude huňatější a roztažená.
:+1: :eyes: dobrý

vložte tento odkaz do překladače, abyste se dozvěděli více o řezání vaší rostliny

vezmi mě pěstí :rofl:

úroveň vašeho světla vypadá dobře, posuňte ji nahoru, jak se rostliny zvednou

1 Like

I would move the lights a little higher, one inch per day, until the top leaves are straight, now they’re pointing down, that’s maybe a sign of too much light.

If you gently push the upper leaves up with your finger and they feel like they are holding themselves firmly down, then you need to move the light a little further away from them.

Or if the leaves feel weak and soft then they need a little more water.

Apart from that they look great! If you want to top them then I would do that once the upper leaves are holding themselves more straight. But since you’re experimenting to see the difference between fertilized and non-fertilized I’d leave them alone so the difference is more clear.

And I would let them veg for longer. Until they add another 50% of their height perhaps. Unless you’re really anxious about males showing up.

Personally, I don’t mind males, I let them do their thing, free seeds! And you can decarboxylate and eat the plant material. You might get a little high from them too, and even if you don’t, they’re still good for your health.

3 Likes