MysteryMoogs new grow thread

So far, they look good. Still a long ways to go…haha.

2 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Im changing my leds in flower tent to 1 400 mh and 1 800 led. Gonna use 300 led for maternity/seedling as soon as i. Get a cooling thingy for the metal halide it will prolly happen wjen the latest are ready to be repotted and moved to tent

2 Likes

I figured it was time to try an LED out. I am very happy so far with this DIY kit, and it pulls almost exactly what it claims. 203w.

1 Like

Yo! @MysteryMoog, its probably fine but you might wanna just check the LED arm that has the HPS blasting into the back of it. I imagine it would normally use that surface to dissipate its heat. If it was a warm light then it might get too warm.

1 Like

That’s already been taken care of. :+1: That pic was before I mov s that HPS out about 2 inches :+1:

1 Like

BOOM! plus 20

1 Like

I try :rofl::joy:. But still need my 10…

Ooooo…guess what I am doing on the side today. :grin:

3 Likes

Nice! Do you use one of the 220 micron screen bags in there or do you just let it all mix with the ice and filter after?

2 Likes

I put it all in a laundry bag. I don’t know the micron rating on it…haha. I have also had it mixed with the ice, from broken bags. No ill effects.

1 Like

It was the first time I’ve made hash in 4 years or so. Did not have much to work with, but broke the new bags in and got some hash.

2 Likes

Well, with the addition of the LED light in the flower room…my temps have gone up to about 87 degrees. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So…I do believe I am going to pull all the ballasts out of the room, (3 HID and 1 LED) and install them outside the room, ontop of the ceiling. Not sure how big a difference that will make, but I imagine it will make a difference. If I have too, I’ll put an outside intake in to pull the cold air, with a PID controlled flapper for air mixing.
I guess that may change also, as I am going to replace a HPS with another LED. So I will have a 400hps in the center, and 200w LEDs on both sides of it.

1 Like

super read and thank you for the look

at it all My Friend :slight_smile:

so much good info and stuff

be well and stay safe

Dequilo

2 Likes

Moving the ballasts should help. Especially the HID ballasts. I think you will be fine once you swap the other one out with LED.

What sizes are the HIDs?

1 Like

They are 400w HPS. I was fine on temps until I added the LED…lol

Are you sure its not an LED heater :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wattage is wattage when it comes to heat output. But the LEDs don’t direct the heat out with the light so they don’t burn the leaves, ambient temp still goes up if the ballast/drivers and heat sink aren’t air cooled and vented.

1 Like

Plus you are in a mixed environment which will make it harder for you. Plants under the LEDs will be happy with a room temp up to 30C. However, the plants under the HIDs will want it cooler.

2 Likes