Negative feedback on trades

Peeps ask for seeds all the time I send them out freely
If they GHOST me so who cares

I gave freely and from the sprit of OG

It takes me a bit to send them out !
I don’t get out as much! ( the general public don’t like me out and about much lol :joy:)

But they go out

36 Likes

It’s more a matter of trust and integrity. Folks should not make promises and then not follow through. There is no need. You can accumulate seeds in many ways here, being dishonest is just not acceptable IMO.

41 Likes

If only there was some kind of free seeds thread where people could get free seeds just by asking or playing a simple game.

I don’t get it. What’s wrong with just asking nicely?

17 Likes

Wow the thread becomes a support system…How OG … this place is great.

10 Likes

It seems like some people get a kick out of deceiving others……

15 Likes

Here’s my story:

I have had dealings with 43 OG members to date, four of them twice. I have turned down many generous offers from members who just want to help out, not asking for anything in return. I had two packages never arrive, one from here in the states and the other from Canada. US member said “Oh sorry” then nothing, LOL. Canadian member was checking to see if it had ever arrived, he did get mine. I told him it’s ok, I know this happens. Well a couple of months later we were talking and he insisted on sending again, which I received today :slightly_smiling_face:

Recently I posted a thread looking for Mephisto or Fastbuds. I have been ghosted FIVE times from that post! They made first contact, why bother wasting your time and then disappointing someone?

I guess I had come to expect members to live up to their word. I’m not mad or out anything, just tired of crappy folks who don’t live up to their word.

peace (320 x 319)

24 Likes

It’s like Doug said. If I can’t trust someone I sure don’t want them coming to my place or even having anything to do with them.
My word is my bond, we have little else to go on in cyberspace.
Would you want someone you couldn’t trust in your home or growroom?

31 Likes

bummer. ive been chatting with him recently, seemed like a cool guy. were literally in the middle of a trade, mine went out last week. im keeping a happy thought though. might be worth reaching out to him if you really care but im guessing you dont have a whole lot invested / just wanted to give warning.

personally i tend to take the approach that i send without expectation of receiving anything back. its more of a personal philosophy because i get way way too angry when i expect something and it doesnt arrive. expecting nothing means anything that does arrive is a bonus. plus people have sent me a ton of stuff over the last six months completely free so good will does go around

14 Likes

This happened a few months back. And yes I got back to him several times and was told it was on its way, only to be told later it had never been sent.
It’s not a matter about the seeds, I have plenty and give them out freely. It’s about someone giving me their word on doing something and then not doing so and lying about it.
I can’t abide a thief or a lier.

18 Likes

Just havent been able to get around to it yet.
I’ll get em to ya.
I havent opened my email/pm in a few days.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update! Let me know when I should keep an eye out

4 Likes

See that’s what I like to see. If there is a misunderstanding or someone just didn’t get to something for whatever reason it’s nice to have them come forward and straighten things out.

10 Likes

Anyone know SHSC-1? We did a trade late July, early August. After I sent my beans I had updated him they were on the way, he had been on a few more days without acknowledging my message… then hasn’t logged back on.

I’d be surprised if he intentionally screwed me, he offered me beans first. I had reached out to him asking how to aquire beans from a certain dude… found out it was tough but he had a few that he could send my way. Very OG of him… so I offered beans in return.

I’m hoping he’s ok…

6 Likes

Figured I’d add in here if you’re sending or recieving seeds internationally, they can take a very long time to show up. I sent out seeds from Michigan to Australia in early July and they finally arrived a week ago…about 4 months…envelope with a forever stamp.

7 Likes

I won some 88 g13 hp x Gogi Og from him during the anniversary celebration thread, the beans never arrived and he hasn’t logged in for months, I hope he is ok too.

5 Likes

I’m here and don;t plan on on going anywhere
Back in summer during heliosphere’s anniversary giveaway I thought it would awesome to get ivolved and donate some seeds.
When I mailed out those beans to the 9 people who grabbed dibbs…I sent 2 in canada and 7 to the states. Apparently noneof the letters arrived which at the time freaked me right out.

I am a breeder, I send seeds all the time and never an issue but then I joined this site and all of a sudden every letter gets nabbed??? I freaked out and went underground for a bit and then hunting season came around and I was busy. So I noticed in my emails a couiple of messages here and sure enough they are from folks who didn’t get seeds.
I messaged everyone on that list over the past couple weeks and only a couple have responded. Those that responded will be taken care of.
I am new here but on z-labs and icmag I am a well known and trusted member and my handle on those sites is Tynehead Tom.

If anyone on this site was promised seeds from me… message me and we will get it taken care of. Seeds are a trivial thing… trust however is not. .

23 Likes

Thought I would follow up from the last post
The winners of my seeds during the Heliosphere OG Anniversary Give Away are as follows
@Kasper0909
@donuchee
@Dr.VitaminGreen
@DougDawson
@highminwin
@buckaroobonsai (in contact and replacements on the way and in the postal system)
The above members won dibbs on packs of Bodhi Goji Ghash F2 (goji x 88g13hp)
Seeds were mailed in letter sized white envelopes

@ShiskaberrySavior won dibbs on Ninefold Genetics Chaos Ghost in the breeder pack and a pack of biker x scoutbreath I think. This was mailed in a grey padded canada post mailer and was sent with tracking.
as far as I know that one arrived where it was sent.

then there was @lophophora.ca and @roosterhash who won dibbs on seeds but have declined them.

and last there is GCBuds and we have been in contact and replacements are on the way and in the postal system.

Several days ago I messaged everyone on the list for the Goji Ghash and the Biker x
There are several people I did not hear back from
so if your name is in this thread and you didn;t get the seeds… hit me , lets make this right.

19 Likes

Hey Doc, you need to publicly respond to this. I was unaware of this… I cant in good faith send you seeds until these matters are resolved. A man is only as good as his word. Iam not asking for perfection, no one is; myself included.
You seem genuine so iam very surpised you have not resloved these issues of intergity which is kinda what this place thrives on brother. I’m feel like a prick to call you out like this.
Resolve these issues and these seeds you want are yours. Until then iam truly sorry. @DrGonzo13

19 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Trade Conflict

Never received mine as far as I remember but I never concern myself with free seeds. Trades are a different story. I mean I still expect someone to follow through on their word but won’t chase them for it.

I doubt he will respond unless you tag him @Mudballs :slight_smile:

3 Likes