New Grower, First Grow

Only give it a few drops around the base of the stem every day until your leaves perk up then water every 3 days but not much only about out as far as the leaves go until it hits about 6 inches tall then u can give a little more water but wait until say the top inch of soil is dry. You only need to water a little bit every day after the seed germs or you plant a Germinated seed. After that the roots should be in maximum overdrive

3 Likes

Watering once every 3 days and the growth is CRAZY!!!

Now if I could only get my current seeds to sprout… I soaked them they showed small tap roots so I planted right to jiffy pots. I have them in plastic Tupperware bowls with plastic wrap over them for humidity. I keep them on a heating pad at night and in the sun during the day, being that it’s summer here. I sowed the seeds almost 2 weeks ago, nothing! Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Two weeks ago? Somethings is wrong. How deep did you bury them? Taproot down? I don’t do all the humidity/ heat pad stuff with my seeds. I just try to get them like 1/2 deep in a 20 O cup. Peat pots are pretty good, I just haven’t gotten any yet. 2 weeks later I would be digging down, carefully and seeing what happened, personally. It should only take a couple/few days for them to come up. I’m no expert, but iver done this a few times.

2 Likes

I want to say it was about 1/2 inch deep… I’ll dig them up and see what’s wrong… I can’t imagine what I did wrong with these, I planted them the same way I did the one I have going now!

3 Likes

I just try to dig down carefully and llok at first without disturbing the seeds. Just in case it’s still trying.

1 Like

I dig down into the soil to find the seeds still in tact the way I planted them… They cracked open but the taproot didn’t come out all the way.

3 Likes

Was the soil moist? Little roots need moisture close until they start to grow.

4 Likes

I would start some more seeds. I always use the cd tray method. You take a cd tray and cut out the middle part that holds the disk and place a wet piece of news paper on the bottom. Place your seeds on top of that and take another piece of newspaper wet it and put that piece over the seeds. Pat it down shut the tray and put it in a 1 qt sealable baggie with a little bit of water inside but not to much. Lay it flat and wait a few days. I have been doing this method for 15 years and always wind up with at least 90 percent germ rates. You gotta use the thicker trays because the thinner ones won’t close all the way. Happy germinating!

2 Likes

Hey @MistahMackins welcome to the overgrow family!! I don’t grow in soil so I’m not going to pretend to be a expert at all but I do know that overwaterong could be part of the problem here…also be careful with the nutes. Young plants don’t need a whole lot. I use gh nutrients flora line and if you run theirs at their recommended dosage it is rhnning a bit hot for cannabis. So depending on how hot you’re running your nutes id say maybe cut back on the watering like everyone has said and maybe run half strength nutes if youre not already and see how it goes

2 Likes

honestly sometimes you didn’t do anything wrong. Sometimes seeds crack but don’t go any further. Trust me you will continue to experience let downs and obstacles when starting, growing and flowering plants. You just have to find your own style and see what works best for you. Don’t get discouraged though. You are in the right place…there is a wealth of knowledge right here

3 Likes

I think I had too much humidity for the seeds, I took them out of the humidity dome yesterday and today I see one of the seeds starting to come up… though I saw the taproot as well so I don’t think I sowed it deep enough.

I put a little of the peat over it, we’ll see how it goes! I’ll make sure to keep them moist spraying with my plant sprayer twice a day! I’ll keep you posted!

2 Likes

Cool @MistahMackins. Keep us posted. That cd tray technique does allow for some oxygen to help with the germination. You are prolly right. Just to wet

1 Like

I had been spraying them with my plant sprayer a couple times per day. I also had them in a humidity dome on a heating pad.

1 Like

I also had just great looking seeds not sprout as well so just keep in mind it just may be who u got your seeds from. Happy growing!

3 Likes

Speaking of which, has any of you had dealings with ILGM? That’s who I got these from…

2 Likes

I never heard anything bad about them. Maybe try buying directly from a breeder for true sure genetics. Greenpoint seeds is a good seed bank. They are USA and breed there genetics. A lot of people I think

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!!

1 Like

Here’s an update on the blueberry auto I got going outdoors now…

She’s about a month from seed and showing pistils…

4 Likes

So far so good. It looks good. It’s got a nice green color

1 Like

I soaked a few new seeds last night (Zkittles from ILGM) which sank this morning, so I put them into moist paper towel inside a ziplock bag. I’ll give them a couple days, then plant them in jiffy pots. I’ll keep you posted!

2 Likes