New indoor grow journal

They look ok to me. If you have an organic soil mix you probably don’t really need to feed them anything at this point, but if you do go very lightly.

The biggest concern at this stage is overwatering…with pots that size you can water them well and not have to give them anything again for like a week +.

Keep an eye on the holes at the bottoms of the pots, once you see roots there you can water a bit more often.

1 Like

Yeah 7/20 was the first feed I gave them with just a 1/4 strength note but yeah I’ve got a watering/feeding schedule that Iam using as its 3 days in between waterings and haven’t re noticed any overwatering, but maybe I’ll adjust it by a day or two and see how that goes.

1 Like

So right now I have them on 24/0 light schedule, I’ve heard some start with that and then switch to 18/6. Reccomend or Litfa!? Lol Thanks

1 Like

I’m a 24/0 guy myself, but alot of people prefer 18/6 or even 20/4. It does make sense that they probably appreciate a little dark time, I’ve never noticed a big difference either way personally.

Update!! So I scrapped my led and tent and keeping them for my flowering chamber. I have all of my babies under a (4-6500k 36 w) grow light. I also transplanted my OG bagseeds into a pro mix soil with bone meal, earthworm castings, kelp, and alfalfa meal. I tell you these plants seem to be growing extremely fast now. I also started three more, the dark green one is the darkest colored plant I think I’ve seen, that is 10 days from seed. The seedlings are 6 days. Iam not sure about the bottom right one as Ive never seen genetics like it before, anyone know? The next set of leaves that are growing, appear to be another set of three? Iam going to let them continue to grow for another week or two before transplanting! Any comments, suggestions, or concerns, by all means! Thanks Budtender!

5 Likes

Update!! Going into their new homes in a few days! Thanks for coming by!

2 Likes

Update!! So I just finished transplanting all 6 into larger pots. I am continuing the use of cfl for vegging, so I bought two 105 watt (actual wattage) 10 inch long, 5500k daylight cfl bulbs and got everything hooked up and into their new home. Hopefully they will start to take off! Thanks for looking and any feedback is appreciated!! BudT

4 Likes

May I suggest something? You would get more usable light to your plants if you made your cfl’s turn horizontal, instead of hanging them straight down. More light comes out of the sides than the top.
You can make diy reflectors with something as simple as a pop can. Check out youtube for diy reflectors. Just a thought.
Little ladies look very healthy by the way.

3 Likes

Thanks @HaRdRoC I will def look into that as I hadn’t thought of it. The only thing Iam trying to figure out is exactly how to get the bulbs hooked up horizontally. I checked online but most pre-made hoods are for Mhs or Hps lighting. I did have an idea about buying two adjustable photography light stands that would hold the bulbs horizontally and then I could make shift a reflector/hood on those. Any thoughts !?

1 Like

One thing I saw before was, someone cut the end out of a pop can, fit the bulb in it, made a slit down the middle of the can, and across the top and bottom. then opened where you slit it and voila, diy reflector. then you can put a screw or something in the can at both ends and tie a string to it and that way it would hold it horizontal. Check out youtube. You should be able to find something on there that would help.

1 Like

Hey @HaRdRoC I have a question, If Iam going to do Lst on these, then is topping them neccessary!? Thanks

1 Like

Just a quick update as the little ladies are still settling into their new homes. You could tell the transplant shook them a little because a few leaves bent down/clawed, but they are starting to bounce back and thrive. Also I’ve noticed a lot of internode growth going on! Thanks BudT

6 Likes

Happy looking ladies!

I used to use those big CFLs and they’re great. I second flipping them sideways. I always bought my bulbs with ‘mogul socket’ bases so I could use them in shades made for HPS or MH bulbs. If they’re standard base you’ll have to rig up something yourself I think.

Topping at least once is a good idea if you want to LST. I usually top all my seedlings when they have 3-5 nodes.

1 Like

Thanks @beacher, I ended up just attaching both bases of the sockets with wire and allowing the lights to counter-balance eachother. Its a poor man’s angle splitter lol but it’s doing the job for now and allowing the sides to get to the plants.

2 Likes

It’s not neccessary, but advised… I like to let her grow till I get a 5th node, then top it just above the 4th, and bend her over. That way you will get 8 tops, then if you lst and top them again, you’ll have 16, then 32, 64 and so on…

3 Likes

So all of them were topped and then lightly tied down, the smaller one is probably to small as its only on its third node. Iam only looking for 2 to 3 good females out of the litter, so we’ll see what happens. Update as the progress continues, Its getting to the exciting point in cycle, makes me giddy when I see them now. Thanks everyone for the advice and what an awesome passion on OG! BudT

3 Likes

Just a quick update. 3 days after topping and tying them down, alot of internode growth, still waiting on the top two shoots to grow but Iam seeing the growth forming! Temps in the room are 77° to 79°, RH is at 50. BudT

3 Likes

Looking healthy!!
Did you top and lst after this photo?
A good thing to do is get those cfl’s as close as you can without touching the leafs. You could even make a path between the plants, have 3 on each side and drop the cfl’s in between to get more light, but then you would have to turn each of them a 180 everyday to get similar lighting on each side.
Just a thought, the pix make it seem they are fairly far away.

1 Like

Thanks @HaRdRoC, I topped and did lst on all of them except the bottom right lady in the pic. I just tied her down because I wanted to see the difference between topping and lst and just plain lst. No these pics are taken three days after the procedure. Yeah it looks like the lights are further away in the pics but they are all roughly 5 inches from the lights. These bigger cfls put off some heat, so Ive been adjusting each plant according to size and distance from the lighting while also keeping them as close as possible without causing any issues! BudT

2 Likes

Update new growth is exploding!

3 Likes