New indoor grow journal

Update!! So I havent really changed much, as the lady’s seem to be liking the conditions, just a whole lot of Litfa. I’ve just been plain watering Ph to 6.8, Temps are at a constant 78 to 80° and Rh is steady at 50. Thanks BudT

5 Likes

Update! So I had to make some room for the ladies as it’s getting crowded in this 2×2 tent. I moved the two smaller ones back under my veg light and kept the three biggest ones put. So I need some help, the largest one has shown sex, there are small white female hairs growing and it’s not even in flower as I dont want them to get huge, just enough for a small personal stash. Also there only in half gallon pots, so will transplanting her when she’s shown sex cause it to hermie???! Thanks BudT

4 Likes

4 Likes

Any thoughts on what I should do about the transplanting situation @beacher, @ReikoX, or anyone?! Also I’ve noticed on the larger one that some leaves are cupping down, is this a transplant situation? Normally when I see rootbound plants, you can look at the drainage holes and see the roots have completely incased the bottom part of the soil but on these, there are none. I mean I see a few white shoots but nothing like I’ve seen in some rootbound situations. I dont want to transplant if they are not rootbound and then stress to hermie. On the other hand there in half gallon pots so any thoughts!? Temps are 78 to 81, Rh is steady at 48 to 50. Only been watering with Ph water, no nutes. Thanks in advance. BudT

1 Like

Thanks for the love @Explorer!!

Very welcome buddy, love the CFL power I feel like the only newb using the things for veg round here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cannot see clearly enough to say those are female or the pictures where I could are blurry up close :blush: put those big muhfuckas on a table somewhere or get down to their level and take some focused pics will be able to tell for sure then :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Heck yeah @Explorer, I seem to quite like CFL growing. Anyways, sorry they are taken from my phone and it’s hard to hold steady, but here I took several. Hopefully one is stable/not blurry enough! Thanks

3 Likes

Those are (female) preflowers, lots of plants will make them in veg. They’re still not flowering, it’s just like a sneak preview lol

I think the pots they’re in should be fine for a while yet. Unless they’re drying out almost every day you’re good to go.

When do you plan on flipping them into flowering, and how big do you want them to get is the real question.

1 Like

Thanks @beacher so the largest one is drying out every day, actually pretty much all of them are. Iam having to water every other day now, sometimes on the other 2 I can wait two days at most in-between but the next day there bone dry.
Iam wanting to flip them to flower as soon as possible, as I’ve read they can stretch alot during flower. I’ve got 5 plants in a 2×2×4 tent, even after I weed out the Male’s, there not alot of room there. As anyone flowered in half gallon pots before with satisfactory return on their grow?
Also any ideas on the curling down/clawed leaves on the larger plant!? I’ve read that there are several potential causes for this but one is too much N deficiency. Although the soil had bone meal, earthworm castings, kelp, and alfalfa meal when I put them in these pots, I’ve only been watering with Ph?

2 Likes

Ya if you’re watering every day then you probably want to transplant them before you flip, which should be pretty soon given the size of your space. If they’re showing preflowers then they’re mature enough to bud.

Personally I would put them into 1 gallon pots and flip them now. They’ll stretch quite a bit the first 1-2 weeks and they’ll pound out lots of new roots too

That clawing plant looks fine to me, its definitely healthy and well fed maybe it’s just a genetic trait or some small complaint it has. I bet when you flip it it’ll start praying in the first few days

2 Likes

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

So I gave them their first feeding of half strength nutes two days ago, as I haven’t had to up to this point. They seem to be liking it, the only other thing I’ve been doing is rotating the plants 180° every few days to provide adequate coverage for all growth. BudT

4 Likes

Looking great!! @beacher was bang on with what he said to do.
Very happy to see, that’s your 1st feeding. So many people feed waaaaay to early, and don’t wait till they need to be feed.

2 Likes

I appreciate that man, as this grow has taught me the virtue of patience. It’s like raising a child, one thing goes wrong or one mistake and you want to rush to fix the situation as quickly as possible. Although, in some cases this can just make things worse.
Iam just waiting for the pots to dry completely before transplanting them into larger containers. I just pray the roots in these half gallon pots have encased the soil to avoid damage/ future problems.

1 Like

Just wanted to add a quick update. So I kept my two best ladies and transplanted them into 5 gallon pots for flower. I kept my two smaller plants, which are going to stay under my veg light. This will allow me to flower the larger two and then once done, I’ll add the smaller ones into the tent. BudT

1 Like

Going for the 2 plant perpetual. Nice. That’s what I’m doing as well

1 Like

Yeah man I have been following your grow with envy. I like your lst methods and the plants seem to respond well! My plants are just bagseed with a high tendency for hermie, soo a light Lst and that’s all Iam willing to risk.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. All outta likes today, sorry.
I like the thought of that, giving a hermi prone seed least amount of stress possible in Hope’s to prevent hermi. Sounds logical to me!!

So I started flowering after switching to the 5 gallon pots. Iam using a Canagrow 7 day programmable timer which I find is easy to set up up and works great. I also ended up deciding to stay with cfl lighting during flower, as I’ve had no complaints so far. Although I did increase the wattage from 210 (actual watts) to 314 (actual wattage) for two plants by adding a few more lights and ballasts. Thus allowing me to not rotate the plants 180° every few days. One is already starting bud development. My two smaller plants are starting to bush out from the topping I did on them! Also I pruned a few larger fan leaves on the right one allowing for more light penetration. Now just a whole lotta patience and time ahead! Thanks BudT

BEFORE:

AFTER:

2 Likes

And the show really starts now. Best of luck with the rest of the grow man.