Niburan's Second Grow

new light and ventilation are out for delivery… feel like it’s Christmas lol… keep looking through the front window. But can’t install the light or ventilation until 5:30 pm, so 8 more hours :frowning:

2 Likes

Shipment has arrived!!! wife already using and liking the Lord of the Rings grinder, vent combo and light assembled and waiting for light-on time so I can install, and my fox farms soil trio is just chillin’ out :smiley:

5 Likes

9 Likes

281 watts from wall right now, in a 2x2x4 tent… I’m Lovin’ It :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 definite male… the Romulan Headband… will let it grow a lil more, collect pollen sacs, and then make more room for the ladies.

1 Like

So far:
Blue Ice Auto FEMALE
Cali-O x Durban by SUSPECTED FEMALE
Yeti OG x Romulan Heriwana #1 SUSPECTED FEMALE
Yeti OG x Romulan Heriwana #2 MALE
Agent K UNKNOWN

3 Likes

Ugh, now I’m not so sure… they’re sloooow at full showing, and there’s a curve at the top, exactly like how my last grow was before the pistils popped, but now I have 2 on 1 compass direction of the plant, and none on the other direction, so not sure if it’s just popping there due to light direction, or if it’s actually male. The one I have that I know for a fact is male showed the balls very very early and it was obvious… the cali-o x durban and 1’st yeti x romulan are being VERY VERY stubborn on definitive sexing…

5 Likes

My guess on that photo is female, but I’m not even close to sure about that. Wait another few days to a week…

1 Like

Yup, waiting patiently… I also tend to look at the top as well… male plants tend to develop ball structures at the absolute top as well, whereas females tend to have a more bushy “head”… so… hoping and praying lol…

1 Like

Obvious male is obvious

5 Likes

You may remember I was faced with the same issue recently. I looked and waited and looked more and then went with my gut. Lady luck played a role for sure because I was 100% right.

Trust your instincts.

1 Like

Well, pretty sure now they’re male :pensive:, any second opinions?

5 Likes

First shot, definitely male. Second shot, likely a male too.

3 Likes

thought so, was just double-checking :frowning: sad panda

males… booo

you’ll get around them

2 Likes

still gonna save their pollen, was just hoping for more actual useful medicine… so far 2 out of 2 yeti x romulan were male, cali-o x durban male, and the agent k looks stunted for some reason, no growth for the past week

3 Likes

Shitty luck. The way I like to view that is that there’s a higher chance of females from the remaining seeds if you started with a theoretically 50:50 split.

1 Like

Though IIRC, each seed has a 50/50 chance, so realistically, it wouldn’t affect the remaining seeds. I admire your optimism though :slight_smile: My philosophy is everything happens for a reason… maybe the pollen needed to be spread to another strain

2 Likes

Some people would say that seed sex is more deterministic than that. Some have even said there are ways to identify seed sex by visual inspection, claiming a 97% success rate. I’m not saying I believe that, but if there’s something I can be optimistic about it is cannabis plants. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I heard one breeder to claim he could smell males… I nicely smiled and noded…

2 Likes