Northern Lights R2 Cut

That’s longer than my will

All my seeds go to…

Eccchhhh gasp

That eeeeccch gasp guy is pretty lucky.

Foreigner did you notarize that sack?

I did yes I even used my stamp.

5 Likes

Hey. Just found out the R2 cut will be coming to market in Canada. They are just waiting for lab results and should be available soon. Cuts in April or May 2024

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4LQGVROziE/?igsh=MTBwYTE0em0zcDEzZQ==

3 Likes

I was actually talking with these guys recently it’s not actually the r2 cut.
They used a legacy grower that had r2 and got a genetic blueprint, then a craft breeder made a cross that was genetically similar to the r2 cut. He openly admitted it’s not an identical match to the original. They crossed Don’s Afghan x Steve Murphy’s Afghan and called it NL2/R2

6 Likes

:thinking: well that’s kinda messed up… Appreciate the info tho for damn sure!

I actually have one pack left of REAL R2 I’ve been meaning to reproduce. See if I can get to it this year…

11 Likes

It’s really messed up. They are basically stealing names from the legacy market and attaching it to a new strain, profiting off of unsuspecting mainstreamers. It’s pretty sad. Canadians legalization has damaged this industry in such a short time and I don’t imagine it will get better

10 Likes

That’s ridiculous. Why the hell wouldn’t they use the actual cut?!?

3 Likes

That’s amazingly duplicitous. A good example of how Canadian legalization has been overwhelmingly corrupt. From my consumer perspective the current regulation aims to make it so you can gain no understanding of, or consistency in what you’re buying. It’ll make it in the long run so only those with the deepest pockets can survive in the market and consumers just get what they’re given. The bright side is a lot of motivation just to grow for yourself.

4 Likes

That’s why it pays to already have a stash of quality beans you know the provenance of :wink:

5 Likes

What the hell, thats so weird and shady. I’ve had it up to here with the legal market. The only one I can really stand behind is Victoria Cannabis co because of their leadership being involved so much in legacy.

3 Likes

It’s probably got something to do with not being able to bring illegal genetics in to the legal market. There is a one time exception when you first get licensed but other then that they can’t do it

3 Likes

Even the legacy guys gone legal only have that one time influx of black market genetics.
After your federally licensed there’s no randomly bringing black market in because of how close everything is watched and how the legal cannabis is tracked.

3 Likes

I think they just rename things to bring it in after

2 Likes

Such a broken system imo. I feel like this has created so much genetic bottlenecking and the handling of it by the provincial entities misses the mark so much. I could go on and on about the selection based solely on labs and how everything is a derivative of the same genetics.

Really interesting discussion with Chimera on Breeders Syndicate about skus and selection for those that are of interest

All that to say I am disappointed that it is not the r2 cut coming to market, but happy to hear someone on here has some for a repro!

1 Like

If I was down south I’d look into Getaway Mountain Seeds in Maine for R2.

No affiliation with them and I have no verification on any of their claims.

2 Likes

Nope. Got the answer right from the horses mouth. It ain’t real. I knew it was really fishy when I seen that pack posted earlier and started firing off messages.
As far as renaming things and bringing it in after is completely false, I know because I was extremely close to starting a micro grow. The cannabis tracking system follows everything from seed to sale. Risking loosing everything would not be worth it to them