Northern Sativa/NLD Search at 53°N - Spiritual Herb

Some of the Beldia description from Ace’s site:

It begins with wider leaves in its first stages of life, later developing as a small/medium sized pure sativa with thin leaves.

Woody, earthy, spicy and herbal, with ‘golden’ and honeyed touches, reminiscent of classic Moroccan blond hash.

Light potency. Cerebral and physically sensual start, which increases and distorts perceptions. Its development increases introspection and inner life, finishing with a pleasant relaxation and sedation, causing the classic “wasted” face and red eyes produced by good Moroccan hashish.

Sounds like the aromas and effects of a hybrid, the 2.5 - 5% thc also put me off in the past.

Have always been reluctant to try this, especially as I grew up on Moroccan hash - that was all we could get here,

Would be interesting to see if there are lines that don’t cause the ‘classic “wasted” face and red eyes’,
I presume that is also from harvesting late/amber stage

How does your line compare to Ace’s description @royal ?

Khalifa don’t go into as much detail about the effect. Theirs the same line?

4 Likes

3 Likes

Dubi doesn’t really clarify things. “different lines” could also be ACE reworking khalifa’s beldia (and maybe hybridize it as suggested by @bonghopper).

Same, still smoking some when jars are empty. Never smoke a beldiya flower though. I’m believing that this classic effect is also the result of the way moroccan hash producers dry their weed before sifting it (out in the sun). But have no clue if that’s really the reason. Would happily stand corrected :grinning:

3 Likes

There’s more clarification in the same thread there on IC. All the information is out there. I looked before i started growing them. I can tell you im getting some really wild ones in ACE.

2 Likes

By hybrid, I meant having the effect of an indica/sativa hybrid. Up, then down.

But I think you’re right about processing - lots of amber resin as a result, and super ‘wasted face’ herb then for sure.

Nice one @royal & @CocoaCoir, will be checking out your grows and toke reports…

1 Like

Hows your Ciskei looking @funkyfunk? Any sign of flowers? That Mextiza has started flowering here,

1 Like

the wasted Face / or tiredness next day is not seldon for Marrocan i recall. Not shure of there was a marrocan without this effect. Probably it was due to the massive amount of foreign Genetics in Marroco, and a totally pure Version would be without it ?

But i rember this is not uncommon, also from smoking some blond marrocan i found it to be true. I personally am a Sativa guy and have a secound love , namely middle Eastern genetics, and even it makes you tired, its not necesarly a lethargy. Lethargy that i get from Hybrid garbage weed… its more a tpe of sedation that makes you not moove , or react to things, hence it is a bit differnt than this lethargic resignation of hybrids…
i kinda can life with it, i find the ACE Belida looks not too bad as outcrossing partner… i mean better than autoflower eventually…

what comes to my mind is Khalifa genetis - Senegalese.
Alltho it is said to have a seditative phase after the initial uphigh, it may not have much of a comedown.
Be aware that it showed skunk-relation in a Phylos testing…

also interesting is Khalifagenetics- Durban? super thin leafes, collected in 1980! has the uphigh, cant remeber floweringtime, but might be working in your climare

slight anxiety for the durban tho… 12 to 14 weeks flowering.
screw it, lol

its really hard to beat your mextica! i try similar things but no matter what i almost always end up with comparable compromises in effects… some are a bit faster, but more confusing effect, some later but few buds…

one of my best bets is australian bastard cannabis. it might have your uphigh! and is really fast., neither does it lean thowards anxiety, comedown or such… i recall

and then cross it to a thinleafed short SE Asian. i wanted to do this myselve but didnt cause i found the only compromise this would give is that it would be slightly soft/not on point, with no particullar direction like anxiety /lazyness, but just a bit soft… and my main "breeding"focus is also power…

1 Like

No idea yet, that plot is a few dozen miles away from me. I’ll get there in a few days I think. Hope she is flowering, if she’s still stretching I’m in deep shit, will break the greenhouse roof :laughing:

Hope that Mextiza will make it, seems like good smoke! Always loved CBG work.

3 Likes

I have found the ABC to be quite slow, actually. Interesting that you recall it being really fast.

1 Like

when did it finish? for me finishing mid october plus having sativa effect with no body is fast…

2 Likes

Descriptions at top of pictures:

Cuttings plot, started June, Mextiza on right taken 18 days earlier than the rest, great vigour

Mextiza S1 beginning flowering

UEL sativa x lemon f2 selection plot, about 70 starting, approx 20 remaining showing septoria resistance. Tallest plants 2m, didn’t get a shot of the males, they had elegant, long flower branches.

Starting to resin up, aromas of citrus/lemon, linalool (recognise it recently from thyme linalool essential oil), incense/spice/cedar/conifer

Three septoria winners from @Arnold 's seeds, from about 80 starting, these are UES B11 and S1, (BX wasn’t resistant enough). Pollinated with UELsativaS1 x UELlemon f2 males - two generations of high pressure septoria resistance selection. Megabush pheno in back, Mextiza clone in right foreground, also showing good resistance. To give you an idea of how bad that disease is here, had UELearly x Mextiza clones a few years back that were completely defoliated/brown by now…shocking sight! Very happy to see the selection work coming to fruition.

Earlier of the three, lovely lovepotion…

8 Likes

The sedative phase is what I want to avoid, I’ve had too much of it for a lifetime!

Durban is definitely something to visit and revisit. Very much enjoying some Apollos Durban x UEL lemon recently, 1 out of 8 or so has a special motivating high, and quite carroty/Durban flavour. I warn people with this one, they better have something active to do. Will check out the Khalifa ones.

I’ve been eyeing up the ABC since finding @crunkyeah 's threads, it seems not vigorous enough for guerilla grows, but may be useful for its earlyness and effect.

5 Likes

i googled lately about ABC, and it finshed only in Nov /december. Its so dissapointing when people list 8 weeks floweringtimes an finshing in Sept, but it looks like its totally made up-

1 Like

I have so far only grown ABC genetics indoors, and it took forever. I have limited experience, though. A grower on ic mag reported poor PM resistance. @lilmanbigplan has good experience with these genetics, he has managed to make his hybrids quicker than original ABC and subterfuge. @crunkyeah can also report on abc hybrids outdoors.
I grow them for the stealth leaves, and I try to make an auto version that will make it quicker and also more robust for the northern outdoor environment, but sativa effect will disappear in the process, no doubt…

1 Like

The beldia from Khalifa seems also to be lower potency, but so far it has been promising with its early flowering genes and hardyness. I have made a few F1s with it to speed up ABC, Ducksfoot and SEA sativas. Harvesting F2 seeds now.
The Beldia looks beautifully narrow leaf, so I am sure we all can get pretty sativa hybrids using Beldia to cross with NLD varieties that we want to thrive outdoors in northern climate.
However, preserving the sativa effect will be a hell of a selection job. I have given up on that goal, rooting for the rest of you.

The mextiza and UELs look really promising!

7 Likes

Well managed patches. That’s quite efficient for a guerilla grow, plants look healthy and frost coming nicely. How did you prepare the plots?

Curious how this will bud up but it sounds promising.

Gone gone gone Septoria days :smiley:

1 Like

Cheers, semi guerilla this plot - its one of the wettest patches in the garden, rushes/sedges and heavy clay, broadforked to dry out, plant matter removed on top but roots remaining and lots of garden compost dug in lightly and mulched about 10cm, raised it up nicely. Amendments added mid veg, hoof and horn meal, bonemeal, dolophos, seaweed meal, basalt, pH checked at 6.7 so added gypsum instead of lime, manganese sulphate, borax, copper, zinc, based off soil tests done a few years ago.
Have found trace mineral balance to be great at building stronger plants.

2 Likes

The Mextiza will be sparce enough, but the cross will be where the buds are at.

2 Likes