Not Just Another Tincture Thread

I find that the tincture helps me sleep. Looks like you have cooked up an appropriate batch.

Borrowing a little from Mark Twain, do you have any really thick history books? I can’t make a chapter when I am tired.

I have some music history books that are dryer than your average history book. Want one?

2 Likes

Hola 2tj

Your light clock is out of sync
you should try to stay up for a
24hrs then go back to your
normal schedule.

Usually stepping 1 night shift
will work for most people

Bare

4 Likes

I am a reader…i have 1 room thats a library…i just cant get sleepy…im exhausted but not sleepy…

3 Likes

Barefrog ive been up since i woke friday morning…im exhausted my legs n other muscles hurt…i catch my self seeing little spots n flashes that arent there…very lethargic…i went to bed at 11 and got up at 130 this morning…i smoke a few bowls and even had 3 beers fast lastnight to crash…but right back up…sorry to hyjack…hope this tincture works

4 Likes

Quebec sells a product called Alcool 94%

https://www.saq.com/page/en/saqcom/alcohol/global-94-/12209012?selectedIndex=2&searchContextId=-10021817448599

@ReikoX This is all very well put together and useful information. You are a credit to this community.

Me and a friend have been making GD from all our trim for many years we always called it ‘green gold’.

I have used it to manage neuropathic pain and IBS for many years after i jumped off the pharma train. We reduce the alcohol off then add coconut oil to the GD at a rate of 20%. Seems to help it into the system quicker. Then normally I put it into capsules.

It’s a tiny jar btw.

14 Likes

So glad I found this!!! I’ve wanted to add an extra kick to my candies and often wondered how I could infuse the sugar(both for the sugar I put in my recipe and for the sugar I roll them in afterwards) super stoked to try it. Does the process leave a prominent flavor in the sugar?

2 Likes

Yes, there is a flavor of the extract in the sugar. I wouldnt suggest using medicated sugar when making hard candies, it will likely degrade the THC at 300-310°F

1 Like

Awesome thread. Definitely going to give this a try soon. I haven’t had the greatest luck making strong edibles. Everywhere I read says something different about the decarb time so it’s always been hit or miss. The solvent transfer was really interesting.

I gotta get my ass over to Quebec soon for some of that alcool 94%. I have over a half lb of some shake and tiny nugs that I’ve been saving from bottom of bags, probably at least 20 kinds in there. I’ll try an Oz at a time until I can hopefully get it right! I’d imagine I’ll have to use slightly more alcohol / evaporation with more plant material?

About the sitting decarb step, does that only work once it’s extracted into alcohol? Or would the plant material also decarb over a few months?

Thanks for sharing your info and experience.

7 Likes

Ok, yeah I wasnt sure because of that, usually just put my concentate in at the end as I add the flavoring and stir like a mf lol.

1 Like

Definitely use more alcohol for more material. You can’t use too much but you can use too little and not get full extraction. Best rule of thumb is to have at least enough to cover your material by about an inch. An ounce of dry material will absorb about two ounces of your alcohol and you’re not going to get that back but then you don’t have to worry about that happening with the rinse and you can use a little less alcohol.

The natural decarb takes place in about four months from the time the tincture is made if left in a dark space at room temperature and I’ve only seen it happen in alcohol. I’ve done all kinds of lab tests and it was only the GD that continued to cure and convert. It takes about 3+ years for the plant material to age enough for decarb. The rate is about 30% per year and the unfortunate thing about that is that your material is degrading during that period, too.

8 Likes

Hey @PSam thanks for the visit :+1::seedling: I was thinking about you the other day while playing with my Source Turbo by Extractcraft. Wish you could get one of these, I have been able to recover alcohol like BNW without a big still. It’s a nice counter top device that would even fit in your small kitchen.

:v:

3 Likes

Here is photo of my Green Dragon, 150 Everclear, 4oz Kush/NL, 4 month steep. I put what you see in the pic in my mouth for as long as possible then swallow. I dont decarb. I’ll be taking a few trips soon so i will be able to get 190 proof.

I make another quick tincture in the magical butter machine, its 8 hours, 1 ounce bud, about 20 oz everclear. I use that for candies. That recipe 3ml per candy seems about right, the longer one 1ml does the trick for me.
I read earlier on this thread that RSO is sublingual, i dont believe that to be true because of its consistency. I put mine in 10ml syringes, push out a grain of rice worth, grab with a toothpick, scrap off with teeth, swallow immediately. Dont make the mistake of pushing it onto ur teeth with ur tongue, or there it stays​:joy::joy: @PSam I read ur entire thread on the natural decarbing process, increible info, so jealous with the ability to test that often, great info thank you for sharing. I will start to open up more and add my .01, cuz i aint got 2​:joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’d like to have had one when I had something to use it with. Now it would just be collecting dust on a shelf like my ISO-3. I tried to get a promo freebie but they wanted nothing to do with me since I had no money but DGold sent me the ISO. It has it’s uses if you need FECO and will reclaim the alcohol but it’s slow and doesn’t do much of anything else.

I visit everyday at least once…lurking.

4 Likes

It would be great if there was a “lil bit less expensive” alternative. I took a llok at it and it sounds incredible. Beets a rice cooker, hoping you don’t cook off all the flavor or too much and it turns to goo.

1 Like

You know what my favorite part about it is? I can distill the alcohol out of my filters. You would be amazed how much they absorb. That and no more squeezing every drop out of the product. I just let it filter, ass a little water and run it through the machine. Reclaim the alcohol and compost the remaining product.

1 Like

I just like the idea, from what I was reading, that you can concentrate down less proof alcohol to 195, automatically.

Was looking at getting one of those “Water” distillers to try the same. Can’t get above 120 (unless Bacardi 151 only) in CA

2 Likes

I’ve done that too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: An actuall still isnt that expensive, but requires a bit more finesse. This is set it and forget it. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

I was thinking about that too, but I suck at sweating copper joints. Looking to make some vodka too, with the distiller, and for me the size is just right. I can ferment a few gallons and distill out over a couple of days. Pot or refract is just too much work.

1 Like

Is it possible to do concentrate in one of those…

without burning it to hell? Noticed GoM is close.