Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Yes, that’s what it is made for. It heats very gently to about 90-100°F with a full vacuum it is enough to distill without destroying terpenes and scorching.

2 Likes

I was talking about using one of the water distillers for evaporating off the alcohol. They run a bit hotter than that, I think.

1 Like

Oh, yeah I think a water distiller would have to be closer to 200°F.

RSO can be used sublingually but it’s godawful. The accepted dosing at the time was to place that rice grain size dose on your gums and that could be even more godawful and like you stated, it would get in your teeth and stain the heck out of them and the taste lingered and lingered and lingered and…

If you get tired of the sublingual burn you can put your dose in a shot glass full of water and swish that around in your mouth as long as you can before swallowing. You’re able to get it absorbed into the buccal tissue of the cheeks and gums and other oral tissue as well as sublingual.

6 Likes

Sam, dont forget about the glycerin spray for sublingual dosing. That stuff really works a treat. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Went back and looked because of the way you were describing the
set and forget machine and knew it was the Source with vacuum and
lower temp extractions…

A different system is the ISO (NOTHING TO DO WITH ISOPROPL)
http://dgoldalchemy.com/
This has been around since the 70’s that I know of… through a couple
generations but ‘still’ on the same general principles and increasing the
payload.

Have a PDF of user’s manual from an unauthorized knock off product
but shared privately LOL

2 Likes

I’m familiar with those as well. The cool part about those is doing the reflux extraction for a complete extraction. The Source Turbo doesnt do that.

Really this is not an extractor at all. The extraction happens separately and this reclaims with vacuum to lower the boiling point.

Yeah… was trying to tell those listening to sales pitch the same thing…
Source is great at quick wash and alcohol recovery and vacuum to keep
more of the lower temp good stuff.

But always think breadmaker - dehydrator type of low level noise with
the pump running. Your kitchen make all the noise you want…

How quiet is a light bulb? (Actual heat source of the ISO)

1 Like

Is this sold on the other side of Canada?

Hey, not sure if you mean east or west by the other side of Canada but the only place I know of that sells global alcool 94% is the Quebec saq which happens to be a few minutes drive away from me. I know Alberta sells 95% everclear while BC doesn’t. I’m not sure if any stores in any other provinces stock the global. Hope this answers your question.

Yeah I wasn’t clear at all. What about Toronto or closer to MI.

Lets see your recipes, I’ll start it off.
This is my go to recipe I’ve been using faithfully since last year.
I use my own oil made from my own material.

I decarb my oil in the oven or on top of the wood stove.

1 g oil
1 bag chocolate chips (270 g) I use milk chocolate but to each their own.
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp sunflower oil (optional)
chopped almonds (optional)

Infuse coconut oil and sunflower oil with cannabis oil.
Melt chocolate and add in the Infused oils.
Add in whatever else you fancy, I like the almonds.
Pour in molds, let set and enjoy.
I yield roughly 22 chocolates with my particular mold @ an educated guess of 25-30 mg each.

14 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome. I was never one for the edibles but after seeing this I may have to change my mind (hard to resist the sweet tooth). Thanks for the recipe.

3 Likes

I was never one for the edibles either but I’m definitely a fan now.
I must have made a couple thousand of those since last year.
I’ll have to say though, my fave are the gummies. I haven’t found a scratch recipe that I am particularly fond of so I just melt down my fave store bought gummies and add in the infused coconnut oil.
The downside of this is that it is hard to get them runny enough to poor into molds and it’s messy as fuck so I just dump the whole thing on parchment with another piece on top and roll it out to a somewhat consistent thickness.

8 Likes

Well, we do already have a thread for tinctures which very much incorporates edibles.

So, your post is really good, and I think we should move this in with @ReikoX’s thread.

Makes one place for others to find all things related.

I’ll leave it hang for a little and see if others agree.

99%

2 Likes

No issues here @99PerCent.

Ready, cause here we go!

1 Like

Thanks for the contributions, those chocolates look tasty. The last chocolates I made, I added way too much coconut oil. I was medicated when I did my math. They stay firm in the fridge, but will melt at room temp.

3 Likes

That’s been my problem too! I’m thinking of boiling off most (50-75%) of the alcohol from 2 oz tincture, and infusing only enough coconut oil (3-4 tsp) to evenly distribute the THC into a 8-10 oz bag of chocolate chips. I’ll be trying this after my release from trim jail.

4 Likes

Normally that’s what I do, but I wanted to add 4 oz, and added an additional 4 oz of oil. It was a mess. Re-heated and added some paraffin wax, but its was not enough.

2 Likes