Not Just Another Tincture Thread

That will do! Hope the come out great for ya. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of any new decarb recommendations. 240 for 40 has worked well for us the last 2 years.

3 Likes

I want to say I read that the method was tweaked under certain circumstances, but standard decarb appears to be all good still. It was probably a extraction I was remembering.

1 Like

You can tweak the decarb time if you have older material, especially if it’s been stored at cool room temp. According to my lab tests about 30% of the available THCa converts to THC in a year and it takes about 3 years for it to decarb enough for full activation. Less than 2 years should get the full decarb time but after that 30 minutes should do fine.

If frozen all that time then the full 40 minutes should be used.

4 Likes

I’m using my latest harvest weed actually. In a couple of days it’ll be perfectly ready to smoke. Smoke tests today have shown me that she’s already good to smoke, but a slight green taste is there for the moment. It’s rapidly vanishing as it cured more by the day. It’s in for 240f for 40 minutes now. I have my oven thermometer to check and it and my convection oven temp both read out at 240ish. Fluctuations up and down 5-6f make it not steady at 240, but close.

2 Likes

Just finished the decarb.

Next step is to soak the buds in the everclear straight and heat for about 3 minutes.

Next step is a good squeeze and then a second was over the strained buds before adding the trim and doing a wash over that. Then pour over the strainer and add more everclear over that. The same volume of trim was added and should be close to 2g at least.

Next step is running the MCT oil over the strainer snd press the mix out. I let it sit over the bowl while the alcohol is evaporating. There’s some alcohol left in the bud still obviously and the wash was to try and remove as much as it held as possible. The alcohol is kept from boiling the whole time and it’s Very little green to it.

It’s kept around 75C steady. Never higher and usually hovering a little under. Closer to 160f temperature for what I’m seeing. Based on the time it’s taken so far it’ll be 30 minutes at most from start before the transfer. After 18 minutes it’s already below half and it’s getting smaller fast

On schedule as planned and the volume of the MCT oil and a half a cup of butter are added to the double boiler.

Temperature turned up to allow for 180f to be achieved now that the temperature dropped after the oil was added and the water isn’t even steaming much anymore in the pot below. Stirring occasionally until the alcohol is completely evaporated and I can separate a small amount for a 2nd part I’ll be making slightly different with some reclaim sugar that was made from mostly light Amber reclaim as I usually low temp dab. 20 minutes later it’s almost clear and the temperature is closer to 175f. I’ll turn the heat up slightly.

I nudged it just enough to enter into 180f and up range.

40 minutes after transfer started it’s nearly free of alcohol and hovering just under 200f max.

5 minutes after that pic was taken the smell is strong enough to burn my nostrils if I stir well. I’ll give it another 10 minutes and stir again.

30ml macadamia nut oil was added to the hot oil and the sugar bowl. The bowl I added 2 scoops of reclaim sugar to as well as 15ml of macadamia nut oil and 1 tablespoon of Cocoa nibs.

Alcohol is completely gone and the transfer was completed after an hour exactly.

Half the volume was separated into the sugar bowl to settle for a bit while I make the first batch.

Heat turned down. 1 tablespoon Cocoa nibs and the marshmallows have been added to the boiler. Stirring occasionally to keep it from burning.

Mixture fully melted.

2nd batch added together and mixed until melted and once cooled a little it was mixed and formed.

3(4) treats total on the first batch made. One log and 2 balls… hmmmmm maybe I’m a little stressed LoL :joy:

I just went with it in the 2nd batch too. 6(9) treats total. Each should be 150mg for the 2nd batch and 100mg on the first batch after trim was accounted for. When accounting for loss that’s 80mg on the first batch and 120mg on the 2nd batch.

The last treat from the 2nd batch was cooling off before last pics were taken.

It’s absolutely delicious and melts in your mouth.

Update: effects started to kick in pretty much right away. Muscles are relaxed, sinuses clearing and opening up, a sense of euphoria, and a relaxing calming feeling all combined together for a nice mild stone to ease me into the full effects after digestion.

15 Likes

Nice job @OniTenshu. :thumbsup: “a picture is worth a thousand words” :sweat_smile:

seeing all those steps involved I’d pay more for high quality edibles & the makers should charge accordingly.

:clap:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

It was for someone close to me, so I only charged them 21 to grab the supplies. Technically I didn’t charge them and they just left me the money and wouldn’t let me give it back😅

3 Likes

I just made another batch of dragon following your excellent recipe @ReikoX.
I’m believe you had your recipes in a book form like a PDF someplace. I’m sure it’s right in front of my eyes but I can’t seem to find it.
If somebody could point me in the right direction I would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

Here it is, not sure where the original post went…
Green Dragon Cookbook.pdf (456.4 KB)

6 Likes

Made another batch following the same recipe. At the end I added 9g fresh bud and stems from Zelda as I have yet to chop her. I’m giving hers extra long night to do what she can while I’m busy lately.

This time instead of 3.6g I used 6g bud, 1g oil, 120mg CBD, half a cup reclaim sugar, and instead of butter I used ghee/coconut oil.

It’s my birthday, so I’m making some strong ones with a backup CBD dose to keep it from making me manic.

I measured 1.5 cups of everclear and 1.5 cups of oil and I’m doing the solvent transfer properly stirring constantly to keep it from boiling.

Finished the transfer and added mixins while I mixed it all up.

Mixing took awhile, but once it was cooled down enough it was easy to work with and form.

Rolled all of them in coconut and made Eddie the rice crispy man. If everything is made properly after 20% loss was taken out I’m looking at around 500mg per Krispie.

7 Likes

Your making me hungry looking at those rice crispy treats @OniTenshu! Maybe this year will be the year to make some edibles! Pot brownies or a hard candy perhaps?

2 Likes

Depends on how you make the brownies. I recommend a low temp bake option if you enjoy the taste of cookie dough also. Hard candy is made much easier with GD.

2 Likes

Ok I’m feeling stupid! GD = green dragon?

1 Like

Yes. GD=green dragon

2 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX. Much appreciated

1 Like

Where’d you get the 190 everclear @OniTenshu? I haven’t bought booze in like 15 yrs so any chain stores etc???

Was thinking I’d have to find a lab supply store & use ISO…

:v:

1 Like

In Cali, it is illegal to carry any alcohol above 120 proof. Only thing is supposedly “Culinary Spirits” but you have to order them online, are wicked high and I’m not really sure they can be sent here, anyway

Correction: Bacardi 151 is legal in CA but ONLY Bacardi, not any others, like Everclear 151. Every thing BUT Bacardi must be no more than 120 proof.

Ya think Bacardi had some good lobbyists???

7 Likes

:thinking: Maybe the friendly folks on a Reservation could help. :smirk:

That’s some BS. Hordes of junkies fulfilling the zombie movies in every US city but apparently the evil weed will still kill you.

3 Likes

Unfortunately most reservations are dry. They usually go off res to indulge.

3 Likes