Not Just Another Tincture Thread

It’s the absence of oil​:grinning::+1:

4 Likes

No, I have to cut them to get the pucks out of them.

:arrow_double_up:

2 Likes

Lmao, I can see it now, looks like a piece of cloth with the edge’s soaking up oil.

2 Likes

It’s a clear plate on my washing machine.

1 Like

I’ve been having a bit of muscle pain lately, so I decided to make some more infused cream. I have some Green Dragon tincture I made back in September. It was made with the leftover rosin chips, so it came out quite green this time. I have no idea how potent it is, but it should get the job done. In the end I only ended up using one bottle. I also decided to add about a half a gram of CBD isolate to this.

I had some leftover coconut oil that was infused with cannabis roots. I added some fresh coconut oil to it until I had about 10 oz. of oil and began heating it up in the “double boiler”. For those who don’t know this trick, I use a small rice cooker with a jar in it as my double boiler. I add a cotton washcloth to the bottom to keep the jar from sloshing around when it starts boiling. I used a rubber band to mark the current level of the oil before adding the tincture.

After adding the Green Dragon I let the mixture boil for a couple of hours, stirring frequently. After a couple hours, the level was slightly higher than the rubber band. Once it cooled, the level was the same. I didn’t do the transfer my normal way, and it took a lot longer. I should have added one ounce of oil and one ounce of tincture, then reduced back to one ounce. It works out much faster that way.

Next to add a bit of texture, I added 64 grams of beeswax. In the future I would like to experiment with adding shea or coco butter, I was eyeballing it at the hobby shop earlier this week. Today, I’m just using what I have on hand. This was slowly added to the heated oil mixture until it was completely melted.

Next I added my essential oils. I decided to use the same essential oils as the “holy anointing oil” recipe. I added 1 ml cinnamon leaf oil, 1 ml cinnamon bark oil, and 1/2 ml of myrrh oil. Finally I whipped it up with a stick blender and mixed it all up.

Finally I poured it off into a couple of these lotion containers I bought at the hobby store. I thought the St. John Ambulance stickers I made for @anon58740919 were appropriate. I ended up with one jar for me and one jar to gift to someone in need.

14 Likes

That’s clever thinking. I hate it when the bubbles lift the jar and it makes a clattering noise, My jars have lots of indelible ink marks on them. I can remove them with the head, that comes off my moonshine lol. Rubber band is better though.

5 Likes

I finished my month long soak in the freezer and now I’m infusing sugar

Drying out now and tomorrow I can make infused tea sweetened with infused sugar.

11 Likes

My Friend @Shadey Hey Bro

1 Like

My last tincture cooking experiment was a total failure, sad waste of a rosin ball. I made a terrible gummy recipe which involved fresh strawberries and in reality came out tasting like fresh ass, with very low potency.

I’ve made gummies multiple times before so this was a bit annoying.

I made a new batch today with a 3 gram ball of rosin this time, in 1oz of ethanol. I’ll go the safe route to test it by infusing into a cup of clarified butter for cookies.

I figure with 64 cookies from a cup of butter I should get ~32mg in each.

8 Likes

@2tokejoke

Not a dr or medically trained, just going through something similar.

I’d suggest you get blood work done to see if you have an infection in your body somewhere.
Mine was an infected molar, no fever, pain or swelling.
I had a root canal and I got my sleep back for a while but that caused other problems and I’ll probably have that tooth pulled.

5 Likes

Did you decarb the rosin? The time and temp isnt nearly enough to decarb from.the press alone.

4 Likes

I did! I decarbed last time as well, I think I might have just had too much gummy content vs tincture.

Last time I ran decarb for 20 mins at 225, this time I did 40 mins.

6 Likes

That’s good, as long as it stops bubbling you are good to go. Let us know if increasing to 3 g/oz. works out.

5 Likes

Right on @ReikoX. Great thread. I bookmarked this for future reference.

6 Likes

Let me see if I have all my numbers correct.

Going to make some CBD infused MCT Oil for the pooch. I have 6.5 g of flower. The place I got the seeds from told me this gets consistently 20% CBD, so I figure 18%.

6.5g x 1000 mg/g x 18% x .7 (ReikoX’s loss factor) = 819mg CBD

Now, if I infuse this into 4oz (120ml) of MCT Oil, I should get approximately 7mg/ml?

Also, if I am going to use a crockpot (water bath), which will keep this at around 180 - 200 degrees for 6+ hours, do I have to Decarb before hand?

3 Likes

Yes, your math is right. It should be approximately 7 mg/ml.

No, you dont have to decarb first if you do a 6 hour hot water bath. It is my preferred method though.

6 Likes

It worked, holy mother of mystery did it ever work.

I bought a $12 rice cooker because my crock-pot couldn’t get hot enough for a double boil.

I used your tincture -> butter transfer with 1oz of tincture (3g rosin) to 2oz butter, it took around two hours and still had a little bit of an ethanol smell to it but I chucked it in a 1.5 cup butter cookie recipe.

If I count the rosin @lefthandseeds and I made as 50% THC, which is very conservative because the rosin was from highly resinous potent flower, I would have 1500mg of THC in the batch.

I made ~44 cookies, and at 50% that puts them at ~34mg a piece. If the rosin is a true 70% THC then they’re in the 45mg range.

They are face melting. This is literally the first time out of many I’ve made edibles and considered they might be too strong. They have a very light taste of ganja and are absolutely delicious.

Green dragon 4 lyfe!!

10 Likes

I’m glad you found it useful. I usually estimate 60% for rosin. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

That’s great that you’ve discovered the beauty of solvent transfer edibles. You really can’t appreciate it until you’ve experienced it. Good job.

3 Likes

I have 3.6g I’m making into rice crispy treats for 2 people. Just a small batch. I’ll likely do a solvent transfer to a MCT oil, Cocoa butter, and butter mix after. I don’t have a lot of everclear left RN, but I have to go shopping for more everclear anyways.

I’d prefer to retain some of Zelda’s flavor in the mix, so I’ll be adding some of the trim and bud without decarb. The 3.6g is just going to be decarbed. Total weight will likely be closer to 5g material used. That smell in the jar will make a delicious edible if retained.

I’m about to do the decarb once I get some advice on it. While my best rated edibles have been from a 6 hour decarb in 150-170f water. My slow cooker and pressure cookers are not able to be used ATM sadly. I have my convection oven and a double boiler as options for decarb and infusion/transfer. My freezer isn’t big enough for use in my recipes anymore either.

I’m looking to do a proper decarb and I’ll add the rest of the profile back in after initial extraction.

I’m just checking if 240f for 40 minutes is still the recommendation for decarb mostly. If this batch goes well I’ll be making another for my birthday to enjoy it properly.

3 Likes