Not Just Another Tincture Thread

I’m going to try to do a low sugar one as I don’t really consume sugar, I could replace sugar with agave with a little tweaking here and there to a recipie

@ReikoX what are your favourite candy for micro dosing?

1 Like

I use my recipe here for hard candies, but they do have sugar.

@PSam made some hard candies with isomalt in his original thread on GC.

7 Likes

I made some more gummies last night, this time doubling the amount of tincture in it. Each little gummy I have estimated at about 1.75 mg. Then I used a heart mold that is roughly 11 mg each. The batch I made last night w .8 gram of shatter made 192 of the little gummies, and 14 of the hearts. Pretty cheap compared to store bought edibles!

3 Likes

Thanks don’t know how I missed that post over there, but it’s very easy with the size of it to miss things

2 Likes

Great thread . Thank you .

I will Second This
PSam helped me to walk again, his word is gospel.
Very friendly Helpful man , wish he would start a Sams Place thread here, Miss ya Buddy.

@PSam made some hard candies with isomalt in his original thread on GC.

5 Likes

good thread …is there a way to mark this thread some how so i can find it when i want to make something?

2 Likes

You can bookmark posts. Click the ellipse, then click the bookmark icon.

4 Likes

You can also copy the link to this page in the address window box
then paste that link in a message to yourself
https://overgrow.com/t/not-just-another-tincture-thread

3 Likes

I am running out of my normal sleeping medication, so I made some strong canna caps. I added four grams of decarbed rosin to 20 grams of coconut oil. According to my estimate, they should be around 125 mg each.

17 Likes

Ohh. @ReikoX you make me wanna go on amazon to look for gelatin caps. Wish my Rosen skills were as good as yours.

5 Likes

For shits and giggles I have been saving my leftover vape duff to extract CBN.
I’m using a french press style pot to wash & have the 1st load cleaned and in the freezer. I’m getting close to do the 2nd run and the plan is to put both together and extract using 95% ethanol in the Magic Butter machine. If it works out I’ll post the process and results.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hey @MBVapester if you are handy with tools and anywhere near Brandon or ‘Winterpeg’ pop in to the local Princess Auto and check out the hydraulic cylinders and bottle jacks. I saw ‘nice stuff’ there last week that got me thinking about a DYI press…
They had overhauled my local store since I was there last and it kind of blew me away, prices were generally ‘up there’ though.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thanks. Actually did shop there.

Waited for the sale​:wink::+1:

11 Likes

Oh wow! That would knock me right on my ass! :smiley:

I just made some more caps from the RSO/coconut oil I made from your Ghost Toof #2x SBR. That is turning into my favorite sleepy time med by far. Just to show how much of a wimp I am, three drops per capsule is how a I make them and two is the max I can take at one time!

5 Likes

HAW!.. Sweet piece of kit!! My Golden Rule ‘Always wait for the sale’
I’m green with envy! Enjoy!
Oh yeah, nice decal on the tool box.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here but Iv been combing through some tincture/ edible videos on utube and have heard several comments in using ABV( already been vaped)weed for recipes and stuff and was wondering why? Aren’t all the goodies gone once vaped? Is their still beneficial properties of already vaped weed?

4 Likes

So who uses magical butter machines here to make their butters, oils, and tinctures? Trying to justify investing in one… are they worth it? Anyone have some special recipes you’d like to share using these machines?

5 Likes

There may be usable quantities of CBN (product of THC being vaped) left in the ABV. So for ‘shits and giggles’ I’ve been saving mine.
I bought a little french press style pot to wash the ABV (you get some nasty stuff out of it during the wash process). As soon as I get enough I’m running a tincture so see what the effects will be. If I get a ‘winner’ I’ll post the process.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Vaping leaves some of the goodies, so people will use it for edibles. It has also been decarbed already. I think it is heavy in CBN and is more narcotic. Personally, never made a tincture with AVB.

6 Likes