Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Dragon Breath Spray
Sublingual dosing is one of the most efficient and quick ways of consuming Green Dragon tincture. While using the Green Dragon sublingually is very effective, the alcohol can burn the sensitive skin under the tongue. By cutting the alcohol with vegetable glycerine and adding some flavoring, the burning is reduced significantly. Peppermint extract works well to mask the stinging and leaves your breath minty fresh.

Ingredients
[ul]
[li]1 oz. Green Dragon[/li]
[li]1/2 oz. Vegetable Glycerine[/li]
[li]1/4 tsp. Peppermint Extract[/li]
[/ul]

You will also need
[ul]
[li]Double boiler[/li]
[li]One ounce pump spray bottle[/li]
[li]Syringe or measuring spoons[/li]
[/ul]

Directions
[ol]
[li]Reduce the Green Dragon tincture to 1/2 oz.[/li]
[li]Combine green dragon and vegetable glycerine in the spray bottle[/li]
[li]Add peppermint extract to taste[/li]
[li]Shake vigorously before use[/li]
[/ol]

Supplies for Dragon Breath Spray

47 Likes

You can also use a 240°-250°F hot oil bath to decarb the concentrate which I like better than the oven because I can see it better and it doesn’t take as long.

Good show. I’m looking forward to the rest of it.

15 Likes

Next up will be double whammy sugar cookies to demonstrate the solvent transfer. I need more hard candies too! :yum:

11 Likes

So I can use my dry ice hash in this way? I want to try this. Very cool @ReikoX.

6 Likes

You sure can, the kief won’t bubble as much as the oils will, but the process is the same. Using dry ice hash is a good way to limit the amount of alcohol needed as well.

15 Likes

Hard Candies
Not only are hard candies a tasty way to medicate, they are also great for buccal or sublingual dosing. By sucking on the candy without chewing, the THC enters the blood stream through the mouth tissue within a few minutes. The effect is similar to smoking because the THC is not metabolized in the liver.

Ingredients
[ul]
[li]2 oz. Green Dragon[/li]
[li]1 cup sugar[/li]
[li]1/3 cup light corn syrup[/li]
[li]6 tablespoons filtered water[/li]
[li]Food coloring[/li]
[li]1/2 dram (1/2 teaspoon) candy flavoring[/li]
[li]2 teaspoons citiric acid (optional)[/li]
[li]Sherbet powder or confectioners’ sugar (optional)[/li]
[/ul]

You will also need
[ul]
[li]Parchment paper[/li]
[li]Candy thermometer[/li]
[li]Candy molds (optional)[/li]
[/ul]

Hard candy ingredients

Directions
[ol]
[li]Reduce the Green Dragon down to 1/2 oz.[/li]
[li]In a thick bottomed sauce pan, add sugar, water, and corn syrup.[/li]
[li]Stir over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved.[/li]
[li]Insert candy thermometer and bring to a boil without stirring.[/li]
[li]Once the sugar solution starts to boil, add the desired food coloring.[/li]
[li]Continue boiling until thermometer reads 300°F.[/li]
[li]Remove from heat and wait for bubbling to stop.[/li]
[li]Add candy flavoring, Green Dragon, and citric acid (if making sour candies) while stirring. Make sure not to inhale the fumes as the alcohol quickly evaporates.[/li]
[li]Quickly pour into candy molds or pour onto a parchment paper lined pan.[/li]
[li]Allow to cool, then remove from molds or break into bite size pieces.[/li]
[li]Optionally, coat them with sherbet powder or confectioners’ sugar.[/li]
[li]Store in an airtight container at room temperature.[/li]
[/ol]

Finished cinnamon hard candies

Sherbet Powder
Ingredients
[ul]
[li]4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (sifted)[/li]
[li]2 tablespoons citric acid[/li]
[li]1 tablespoon baking powder[/li]
[/ul]

Directions
[ol]
[li]Combine ingredients in a food processor and process until very fine.[/li]
[li]Store in an airtight container at room temperature.[/li]
[/ol]

70 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX! Good stuff bro.
Much Respect! I do love me some cinnamin hard candy!

5 Likes

As long as you have a thermometer in the candy, make sure the temperature has dropped a little below 270°F before adding the GD to the mix. That is usually when the bubbles flatten out as described above. THC begins to degrade above that temperature. Many people complain that hard candy isn’t potent enough for them but that’s because they mixed the GD or oil in the mix then heated it to the hard crack stage.

This makes some very strong and delicious hard candies that are easy to dose. If you know the approximate potency of your GD then you can calculate the mg/g of candy. For example, using ReikoX’s potency formula:

15mg/ml final strength and you want to use 1oz of it for your candy. That would be 30ml/oz = 450mg and that will be the total for your batch, however much you made. Let’s say that your batch of finished candy weighs out to 150g total. In that case each gram of your candy would be 3mg no matter how big or small it is. If you wanted a 30mg piece then you’d ingest 10g of candy.

19 Likes

Hard candies are my jam :sunglasses: the only problem is managing concentrations between batches when you’re repeating the recipe. And it’s best to use a candy mold so you can have uniform pieces for better dosing. Lollipops are a great way to achieve this, but any hard candy mold, even diy powdered sugar and starch ones, will help make the end product easier to work with.

6 Likes

The beauty of starting with the Green Dragon is just that, predictability between batches. :thumbsup: Once you know your dose, it’s easy to estimate. If a particular batch isn’t very potent, I will reduce another 1/2 oz. and try it again. This recipe makes about 120 pieces. With 60 ml, that’s about 1/2 ml per piece, or about 10mg per piece. I prefer the molds too, they make it easier to package and dose.

17 Likes

Admittedly, molds are better but there are folks like me too disabled to really manipulate the candy into molds. I shake a lot and have tendon damage in my arms that make it difficult so I pour it out on a sheet of aluminum foil then score it into equal size pieces once it cools enough. They break apart into whatever shape I score…squares, rectangles, diamonds…for similar sized pieces. I weigh them for my dose.

45 Likes

Been eating cookies for a few years now and getting a little tired of them. The hard candy recipe looks easy enough. Going to give it a try. Now that I have a still. Plan on making my own corn liquor too. Have some banana liquor we made to try making green dragon with. It’s around 120 proof.

Thanks for the info ReikoX

10 Likes

A question about the relative quantities… Is that ratio getting close to the saturation point of the alcohol (assuming 190 proof) as far as how much THC it can extract, or could you use the same amount of alcohol to process larger batches of bud and still keep similar efficiency of extraction?

5 Likes

While that ratio is not anywhere near the saturation point, the ratio is enough to cover the material. Some will also be absorbed by the buds. Running lots of alcohol can be expensive, especially when evaporating it all away.

When processing larger amounts, we are left with several options. First, you can start with a concentrate like rosin, wax, kief, etc. This will only require a few ounces of alcohol per run. Another option would be to run the alcohol through multiple batches. For example, run a batch with the given ratios, then use that alcohol for the next batch. Finally, the optimum way would be to use a still and use it to recover most of the alcohol.

19 Likes

I imagine trim can be used only that maybe I would have to do more reduction at the end? Great thread!!! Thanks!!!

3 Likes

You got it right. :thumbsup: Trim tends to come out greener as well.

Personally, I would make ice water hash with the trim and make the tincture with the hash using a natural decarb (3 months in a cool dark place). In fact, I may end up doing just that with this (accidentally) seeded bud. :thinking:

12 Likes

What if I didn’t want to wait 3 months?

2 Likes

Bubble hash can be decarboxylated using the oven just like bud. :grin:

7 Likes

Did you build your still like the Moonshiners? Got some pics? That’s fascinating @stain! Sounds like green dragon juice may be flowing over a coon dick soon.

2 Likes

@ReikoX what an incredible amount of knowledge to share. Thanks :pray:.

7 Likes