Not Just Another Tincture Thread

So, has anyone other than myself and the OP gotten around to trying this yet or are we still fooling around? Do whatever you’ve got to do for the alcohol and let’s get to work. Time’s a’wasting.

7 Likes

@Kalgrae has done it and was real happy. I have a “depletion batch” coming up and I figured it would be a good time to do some caps. Coning soon!

5 Likes

And I am coming into a harvest.

All too soon, the juices will flow.

Water-driven mill - Thumbnail by Ernst Sch

5 Likes

I’ve gotten rave reviews from my last batch of cookies. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

No surprises there.

Hope to get to the Green Dragon this time around.

99%

1 Like

@PSam like @ReikoX said, the wife and I did a batch. It came out very clear/transparent with a slight yellowish green color. Very nice looking. Tastes amazing if ingested in the same manor as a good scotch. I like to let the alcohol evaporate in my mouth so it takes a minute but I believe it lets the thc and any cannabanoids linger and taste better longer. I’ll always be a flower smoker.

We passed a few bottles out to some friends and most agree it has a good flavor and satisfying potency.

I’ve got a nice CBD from @Muleskinner packing on trichs that I’m excited to use with the same technique but with the water/fresh flower method.

6 Likes

I made a weaker version last week. I used 15g sugar trim to 12 oz Everclear. Reduced down to 4 oz. My wife loves it, I haven’t tried it yet. She adds 1 ml to her 12 oz smoothies every morning. She’s good for 4 hrs. It’s really green, due to using trim. I’ve got another harvest coming up, so we can use our stash now, and give it another go (with bud this time). I I like the easy, accurate dosing. I can’t wait to try it in chocolates & gummies.

7 Likes

That’s great! My whole purpose was to get some conversation and reviews if there were any. In a format like OG’s a thread can get lost quickly and slide into oblivion without reinforcements. I didn’t want to see that happen because it is such a great tool.

Thank you all for responding so well.

10 Likes

OG and all of its threads are a major league resource. Nothing is “in oblivion”

Use the search button above and find most anything cannabis.

99%

3 Likes

Out of sight, out of mind.

3 Likes

I liken it to a Library!

This thread, I’ll visit every harvest. :smile:

99%

5 Likes

Don’t worry @PSam I have plenty more to post. This thread is just getting started. :wink:

11 Likes

So I am going to try a run of the Green Dragon with a little more than half of this and chocolates with the rest.

First try with the Green Dragon, :dragon_face:

So @PSam I will be buzzing this thread like a fungus gnat.

8 Likes

I’m here if you have any questions or comments. The chocolate melts make it super easy to make chocolates.

4 Likes

From a buddy’s stash.

50 Micron Mesh

Coffee Filter

18 Likes

Good morning all! The other day, I read Rick Simpsons process at https://www.phoenixtears.ca/. Very informative. He writes there’s no need to decarboxylate first, since the heat from boiling off the alcohol does it for you. He uses 99% Isopropyl alcohol or light alyphatic naptha and says 195 proof Everclear contains too much water to get good extraction. What is the carrier in his RSO… leftover naptha? I think I’d rather use Everclear and “winterize” it. I reserved a 1/2 oz of bud, so I’ll find out later today if the “No Decarb” works or not.

5 Likes

That’s how it should look! Nicely done sir! I like the mesh for straining. I have an old set of bubble bags (cheap Amazon knockoff) I am going to use for Green Dragon noe that I got the real thing.

6 Likes

With all due respect to Rick Simpson, isopropyl and naptha are not food grade. Naptha in particular is a fraction of many different petroleum products. Not all of them will boil off. Boiling off the solvent will not decarb, but he does a long “purge” that is equivalent to it.

This process makes a tincture, and there is still solvent present. Do not ingest ISO or Naptha! If you want to make Rick Simpson’s oil, I would use Everclear.

19 Likes

I meant no disrespect to you @ReikoX or RS. I thought I’d mention the other solvents in case they negated the need to decarboxylate first. I’ll mix up some brownie batter while I’m waiting for decarb to happen. In your opinion, which has a longer shelf life, Everclear RSO or tincture?

2 Likes

Either one will stay well if properly sealed and stored in a cool dark place (refrigerator). Ethanol is an antiseptic and often used in sanitizing tells and wipes, so in theory would be a superior preservative. In addition, I find measuring tincture easier than measuring RSO.

6 Likes