Nute burn or deficiency?

I kinda suspected that but I have another plant right next to it, which has been on the same diet and no pH issues. I used recharge which seemed to help I think. Recharge won’t do the trick?

Yeah I think that’s the issue. I used about 17-18 gallons of spent soil and added a fresh batch of 7 gallons. I got lazy and didn’t reamend properly. I top dressed with craft blend, a heavy layer of vermicompost and bokashi. They were doing beautifully for over a month. Last week I dumped about 2 cups of craft blend to try to get nutrient values up in the soil. Pretty sure I overfed though cause I have the same strain in another 25 gallon which also had brown burnt tips but barely got affected, but the tent also was 90 degrees for a few days so that may be causing other stresses. I also think I fed a bit too much fulvic.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with recharge, just got back into growing after over 12 years and haven’t used or heard of half of the stuff that’s out there now lol. But without testing, another option is to add more compost/EWC. Scrape the top layer of soil if you need to make space, or just top dress it. Better if you could work it in, or dig out sections of soil (yes you’ll damage roots) and replace with fresh.
It would help to know how much of what you amended with.

2 Likes

Recharge is an organic plant growth stimulant, has a lot of beneficial microbes in it that’s supposed to fix pH issues within a day or two. I use it routinely to keep pH in check, that’s why I don’t think it’s a pH issue more so a spent soil problem.

Maybe I’ll try adding more compost but it’s going to be annoying because I have a heavy layer of mulch that I’m going to have to remove. In my post above yours I mention what I reamended with. It was about 1-2 inches of vermicompost and about a cup of craft blend, and a sprinkling of bokashi on top.

1 Like

Ah, missed that list. As the bio booster, it may help with balancing ph by keeping the bio activity, but if there’s a imbalance of minerals it can’t correct that.

Well they aren’t getting any worse, I’d say they’ve improved a lot the past few days. We’ll see how she goes. How long does a soil test take to get results? Maybe I should send in a sample. Anybody know of any good services?

1 Like

Honestly for this purpose, you could mix some dirt with distilled/RO water, and use was a water test kit if you don’t have ph pen. Look online, there’s a few videos as to how much water to dirt. Even a aquarium or pool test kit could let you know if your too high or low. Its a ballpark.

2 Likes

I’ll try that out. I have a ph test coming

1 Like

Just my 2 cents it always starts with PH , it’ll be slow to turn around until PH Is adjusted
Peace
Paps

Sorry to hijack the thread. Was looking for a thread where anyone could just throw up pics and get advice, but could t find it.

Anyway, pla ts have been plowing through some N toxicity. I’ve dropped N from feeding for the last month in Hope’s that the plants will just soak it all up. So the question is, is this still N toxicity or are they getting hungry for N again? The Orange Goji 3 gallon soil is the only one showing these signs…all other plants are nice and green…

So, yeah, N tox or deficiency?

I’m still seeing curling leaf tips…frig…N tox

3 Likes

Here’s some updated pics of the plants. The yellowing seems to be progressing a bit. I’ve been phing my water to around 6 but haven’t had time to set up the blue labs pH pen. I foliar fed kelp also but don’t think it’s doing much. Is it a mag deficiency or potassium or both? Also getting this weird burnt growth a tiny bit. Any idea what’s causing the burnt tips? I’ve been trying to scour the internet for related pics, can’t find anything.

My other plant is also exhibiting some of the same things. A lot of these burnt ends that seem to stunt growth and yellowing on the outer edges.

Kind of thinking about scrapping this whole grow, don’t want to go into flowering with all these issues.

2 Likes

Well dang man this one seems to be a thorn in the side looks kinda of hard to even get a decent clone out of the deal if it was me I’d scrap and bottle cause I think your plants may be getting confused with the combo of feeds you’d think it would be pulling out of it in new growth by now

I live in Texas where summers are rough. I had temps in the 90s inside my tents. Plants stopped growing or slowed to a crawl but never had anything like what’s in the photo. Kelp and silica help in hot conditions. Lockout.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

2 Likes

Yeah so when I was chopping down my girls I noticed that the inside of the stem on one of them was beginning to develop mold where it had split a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure it spread to the other as well and that’s what was causing all the weird issues

5 Likes

Shoot…I reuse my soil as well…also add fresh to the mix. I seem to be seeing the same thing.
Transplanted all of these a week ago and they seem to be going downhill.
Got fresh water ready for next watering and going to add epsom salt…hoping they turn around after a week or 2.

2 Likes

Maybe you could try a foliar spray, more direct … Arriba|nullxnull

3 Likes

Great idea! You think that’ll fix the issue? Should I spray once a day or once every couple days?

1 Like

Try it once when lights are out and repeat process every couple of days if you see they don’t react positively … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I am having a similar issue and trying the epsom salt foliar spray as we speak. Good luck!

2 Likes

Any idea what this may be? Effecting only 1 plant, in the bottom half of growth. In person theres like little rust colored spots, leading to further discoloration

4 Likes