Octopot Grow System

So the only thing I’m having trouble finding now are the sealed planter buckets for those mini octopots. I am really looking forward to giving them a go in a setup I have a mind. Thank you again to whoever shared that idea!

2 Likes

I think it was @firehead with the mini octos

3 Likes

I was thinking they sent me a list and I didn’t save it to my Amazon lol. But was able to find most everything else at a local hydro store. They didn’t have the planters I needed. Everything else was on sale.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, he used a 1 gal fabric pot and cut the bottom to put an airpot in.

Maybe I’m thinking of a different version from you.

1 Like

That’s the one. I bought 100 root pouches for a buck a piece. Lol. Now to find a cheap lid the will fit a smaller planter

1 Like

Here’s the link to my experiments with the micro octopots (octopups, as @GramTorino named them)

I am using 1/2 gallon cloth pots. But I think I’m going to go up to 1 gallons for my future runs.

2 Likes

I think a 2 gal might be better more space to wick

2 Likes

I run 3 gal

1 Like

Link for those bags brother??

You mean the ones u made with paper and clear tape

I have never made grow.bags out of paper and tape :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Oh I thought you said “tags”, it’s weed control fabric.

Sew it into a fabric bag

4 Likes

Deal on a 6 gal x 6 site setup:

9 Likes

Thanks that’s a great find

4 Likes

Wish I was in a place to take advantage of the deal, but I just spent about that much on a bunch of General Organics nutes, and I don’t think they would work with this system. I figure I’ll go full on Athena when I take the plunge into the Octo zone…
I cannot imagine the smell of the VEG nutes in a reservoir. OMG and the slime buildup…just plain gross.

1 Like

I never use organic’s in my Octopots
Afraid of all the slime and bad juju

5 Likes

Exactly…the SLIME!!! Root choking slime. I can picture, and even worse, smell it. :face_vomiting: :nerd_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Mm rotting potatoes

3 Likes

Just got 2 octopots from UPS today , going to have to drop some beans & try them out .

5 Likes

No more free delivery but it’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen them

10 Likes