Octopot Grow System

Yah same as Papalag cept i use a dog brush that has really strong rubber teeth and give it a brush. I did not wash my though. I was able to get most of it out.

1 Like

I used a plastic brush to try and Deroot it, couldnā€™t get it

Greetings @Syn, very nice grow and commentary to go with it! Well Done.

Iā€™m curious about your reflections on the OctoPot system. Some specific questions:

• In the end, when the dust settled, did you see the ā€œTwo Root Systemsā€ one down in hydro and a second up in the soil that this system is touted to produce?

• Youā€™ve got a magnificent tent ready to harvest. Were the plants Bigger, Healthier, most Buddulacious than your previous grows?

• Are OctoPots a good call? It boils down to that.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

2 Likes

Hi @GrouchyOldMan if @Syn donā€™t mind me stepping in

Before I switch over I grew 9 plants in 3 gallon fabric bags scrog style
I have never achieved the type of yield I get now in the same tent with only 4 plants instead of the 9
Any where from 7 to 10 oz per plant now
Iā€™ve been using them now 4 years and have been growing in all forms of soil for 18 years plus
I find it to be the easiest system to grow in , it truly is set and forget
I find the hardest thing is to leave it alone

You can fill the reservoir and go away for a week during veg and not worrying about it

I only use promix and perlite and feed every fill

Peace
Paps

Sorry for the hi jack

12 Likes

Easier to feed, more roots, faster growth, larger buds, no gnats, love these octopots.

8 Likes

So the only thing Iā€™m having trouble finding now are the sealed planter buckets for those mini octopots. I am really looking forward to giving them a go in a setup I have a mind. Thank you again to whoever shared that idea!

2 Likes

I think it was @firehead with the mini octos

3 Likes

I was thinking they sent me a list and I didnā€™t save it to my Amazon lol. But was able to find most everything else at a local hydro store. They didnā€™t have the planters I needed. Everything else was on sale.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, he used a 1 gal fabric pot and cut the bottom to put an airpot in.

Maybe Iā€™m thinking of a different version from you.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one. I bought 100 root pouches for a buck a piece. Lol. Now to find a cheap lid the will fit a smaller planter

1 Like

Hereā€™s the link to my experiments with the micro octopots (octopups, as @GramTorino named them)

I am using 1/2 gallon cloth pots. But I think Iā€™m going to go up to 1 gallons for my future runs.

2 Likes

I think a 2 gal might be better more space to wick

2 Likes

I run 3 gal

1 Like

Link for those bags brother??

You mean the ones u made with paper and clear tape

I have never made grow.bags out of paper and tape :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Oh I thought you said ā€œtagsā€, itā€™s weed control fabric.

Sew it into a fabric bag

4 Likes

Deal on a 6 gal x 6 site setup:

9 Likes

Thanks thatā€™s a great find

4 Likes

Wish I was in a place to take advantage of the deal, but I just spent about that much on a bunch of General Organics nutes, and I donā€™t think they would work with this system. I figure Iā€™ll go full on Athena when I take the plunge into the Octo zoneā€¦
I cannot imagine the smell of the VEG nutes in a reservoir. OMG and the slime buildupā€¦just plain gross.

1 Like