Octopot Grow System

Lol wow! Any idea where they came from?! (So I can take notes… :laughing:)

well… I gotta say I have systems all over the place, and they get springtails as fast as I pour the water in. They are harmless, and mildly beneficial as they feed on old dead material, or so I’m told.

2 Likes

Good info! Thank you!

Look, Springtail pics and more…

2 Likes

Hello OG Octosquad;
I’m looking for some info to make my next move. Joining the octosquad.
My tents are 2x4, they’re short as they’re in my cellar from another century. Have a 5’ and a 6’, both 2x4. I can combat height comfortably. I fear the 6 gallon res will limit me to 2 plants per tent, and I’m hoping if I do the 3 gal reservoirs with an autofill/manually fill more frequently I can produce essentially the same results per plant/per square foot as if I had the biggins with less veg time?
Thanks!

4 Likes

Greetings @SargentPiff,

You’ll find lots of Octo Info here. For your setup you might consider these smaller octopups:

Welcome and good fortune,
-Grouchy

4 Likes

Welcome aboard

Octopots for the win

5 Likes

I’m using these micro pots
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07L8YFW48?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Unfortunately they have been sold out since Dec.

Also using these. Smaller but I would prefer the above version due to larger res and stability of the lid.
Trade off is they are dirt cheap and available.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BGPCTHSB?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

You have a wealth of octo info and experts here. Good luck! :green_heart:

7 Likes

Welcome!

With how my first run in octos panned out for me, I still don’t know how I managed to do 2 plants in my 28x55" tent in 6 gal res’. They can go into beast mode fairly quickly! I had a jungle in there before I knew it and had to start supercropping. (Many rookie mistakes were made too! Ha…)

Only doing 1 plant on my current run since I got enough personal stash from the last run to be covered for… ah… probably a year. :laughing:

With only 1 plant, I have room for a heater and humidifier now. Won’t need those during summer since it’s easier for me to control the lung room during the warmer months. So may try for a 2 plant run again once spring/summer comes around.

5 Likes

It’s very doable in a 60 in hight tent but you will need to learn canopy management like lst , super cropping, scrog net are a most

Its fun to watch the tent go boom :boom:

6 Likes

I think you can easily achieve same result in a 3 gal as you can with a 6. You will just have to fill the res more. I’m pretty sure the grow sleeve the same size on both models

4 Likes

Either way in the Octopots w weather it’s a 3 or a 6 gallon it’s going to fill up quickly

You just need to be observant watching there growth!

Done right 2 Octopots with the right genetics could yield 9 oz each I’ve done it many times

Best wishes on your Octopot journey

7 Likes

@SargentPiff

Just remember that only the rez is different between 3 & 6 gal octopots. The fabric sleeves/pots are the same size for both at about 6gal. So you’re looking at potentially very large plants with expansive canopies—especially if you tend to over-veg like I do. Hell, my current grow I flipped on exactly the day I planned (8 weeks from seed sprout to guarantee sexual maturity) and it was still maybe too long—even in 2 gal containers using a combination of micro octopots and ac infinity watering bases.

For reference, here’s my 5x5 tent at flower day 29 with 4 amazon micro “octopots” and 4 ac infinity watering bases. Even though I could have fit about the same number of 3gal octopots, I wouldn’t have wanted to. With 6gal octopots, I would have done max 4 plants with very much the same canopy coverage.

13 Likes

This is what unmanaged looks like.
5 X 5 Tent, 5 3-gallon octopot bases.
First grow in Octo pots. Didn’t want to upset the girls. Next time will be done with a different approach. LOL

Take Care

14 Likes

Thanks everyone, all great info, and impressive octo-jungles! So I’ve read about all of this thread and the one grouchy posted. I’ve still got questions in what I can only describe as a sense of boyish wonder. I’m convinced I’m going with 3 gallon Octos now I’m just trying to decide on the autofill or not, and quantity of octopots. I’d like to do 4-6 per tent for strain variety, so I’m assuming veg time will have to be kept to a minimum.

How soon have you flipped from seed in octos, and by mid-late flower how often were you refilling the reservoirs? 3 or 6 gallon res?

For those of you with autofill reservoirs, how big is your main res in relation to how many gallons of octopot reservoirs?

Do you keep mothers in octo’s or is the growth too much to keep up with?

2 Likes

I love that look lol

How far along are you

8 days from germination to Octopots. Not including the 8 days, 4/5/24 was 10 weeks in Octopots. harvest will be this week late sometime. Next time I hope to have crop looking more like SmackyMcSmakers excellent grow. These are Auto’s.
@SargentPiff Ran 5 Octo 3g reservoirs with an auto water 13g feeding them. Minimal water usage until roots hit the Res. Once roots established about 7 gallons ever 3 days for a short time 7-10 days. Then 10g to 12g every 2.5 to 3 days.

2 Likes

Thanks @Phouka , reckon this is the final nail in my coffin. 6 pack of autofill 3 gals coming up :call_me_hand: Love buying new tools

2 Likes

FYI code “LG420” was good for 10% through octopot direct!

1 Like