Octopot Grow System

@Syn Wow, thanks for the pics…I pulled mine out yesterday thinking i was going to start em up, then i realized i bought the 6 gallon resevoir ….which is fine, but will only fit in the flower tent LOLOLOL.

3 Likes

yeah, the 3 gal is great for vegging

6 gal is def a flowering one

3 Likes

As long as the net cups are the same size - which they appear to be - you can lift the fabric pot out of one reservoir and place it in another. I’ll often set up an empty rez/lid on the workbench to use when I need to pull plants out of the tent for pruning.

EDIT: Just be kind to your roots as you move/place them! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yea they net cup is the same size for both

3 Likes

Those are useful pictures for sizing. :+1:

For people looking into them. Seeing the fabric pot reminded me of one thing that is worth mentioning.

If you tie your plant down to the side of the pot for LST, it might work, but the material used for the pot may not hold up to repeated poking and prodding. It looks durable enough, but a little stringier than a typical fabric pot. I ended up installing eyelets in mine.

The eyelet tool was like $7 at Walmart.

8 Likes

If you have a low over head I’ve folded my bags down like 5 inches it doesn’t seem to mater

4 Likes

Just wanted to show you guys and gals a root cluster from a clone transplant into the Octopot at first sign of roots

Paps

11 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t feel like the fabric pots, the bag feels like its felt but 1/4 the thickness of the fabric bags.

Kinda feels like tyvek but with open pores.

Edit: I’ve also seen photos of a octopot trellis integration.

Here it is

6 Likes

Does the fabric pot have a nub or something that sticks down into the middle of the net pot?

The reservoirs are shorter than I would have guessed, they look awesome.

3 Likes

If you buy the strapped bags, there’s 2 straps that go across the bag to hold onto the cup. So you can lift the whole thing, and move it easily.

On the bottom of the 6 gallon rez, there is a dimple the sticks up that the cup rests on that keeps it from shifting. When I get home I’ll take a pic.

But the 3 gal does not have such thing, the 3 gal just sits inside the rez.

I’m just glad, after this grow I have going is done, I’ll never have to pull out a plant to water again!!

@beacher

11 Likes

I watched a few videos of Larry Hall’s rain gutter grow system with Walmart bags and there are quite a lot of similarities with the Octopot.
But one difference is that he does not want roots to grow into the water reservoir. He wraps a piece of landscape fabric around the netpot that drops into the water. I guess blocking the water in a PVC pipe/gutter is more of a problem than a reservoir used by a single bag, but it makes moving the plants a bit easier too.

2 Likes

I guess this is dropping some time this week

octogrid-12-gal-6gal

12 gal fabric bag vs 6 gal fabric bag

7 Likes

Holy hell, that is huge!!

4 Likes

She’s never told me that before…

7 Likes

Octo dude.

3 Likes

I really wish they would wear a mic, the echo in these videos are bad :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I feel this is a better way to do a net then that trellis thing he sells

I also build a bigger one for the big tent

13 Likes

Very much so, idk how I’m goimg.to trellis mine, since I have a 15 gal rez in the tent

2 Likes

If you look in your local Home Depot or similar in the plumbing department they have all sorts of ways to attach pvc pipe to your tent posts or build around the res

Sorry stoned and rambling I don’t know your space just giving options
Paps

5 Likes

i see what your saying by just building around it.

2 Likes