Octopot Grow System

Thats what i discovered real fast…lol

1 Like

This is what the clones look like today

The seedling is 3 weeks old the clones are 35 days old.

The fact that the seedling is slow as well makes me think it’s because the roots are traveling.

Trying my best to just keep the rez above level 1, and LITFA

5 Likes

Are you feeding they look hungry?

What level do you fill the res to in the 6 gal ?

1 Like

I’m doing 780 ppm at 6.5ph with 180ppm of calmag.

Water level never below 1 and never above 2

Tap water comes in at 8.3 and 10 ppm. No RO

3 Likes

Sorry for repeating myself I did not see what your response was if you’re keeping the reservoir low they should travel mine only take 14 days to hit the res then you could see a major growth explosion the colors are very yellow which leads me to believe that they need some food

3 Likes

I’m trying to keep the ppm under 900. It’s the same ppm I used in my flower tent.

Initially, when I first filled the rez I took it as high as the bobber would go then let it go down to level 1.

Idk if my inital rez fill was too much for it.

I think.the yellowing is from my clone taking, because my seedling isn’t yellow.

I could crank the nutes to 1200 and see what happens

My phone does no justice either for proper color under the light

I could run some high nitrogen for a cycle and see if.it picks up.

2 Likes

I borrowed this ppm’s schedule from @George

tds

5 Likes

Looks like I’m where I need to be, I also on the first rez fill did ph’d 6.5 water with just the standard 10ppm from the tap with declorinator.

The only reason I did the first watering with no nutes was because when I ran this soil before, the runoff was 1300 just off reg water.

2 Likes

I’m a bit out of my area here so forgive me if this is off base. I know when using octopots your not supposed to add liquids at the top. Is it possible that the roots are not at the bottom yet and therefore being starved ? Could you hit them once from the top to make sure they’re getting nutrients? I’m thinking 350 ppm would be fine for those plants but probably too strong for the seedling.

5 Likes

If I cram my finger in the soil, it’s moist. So it had enough water. I just think it’s it’s root system building its 18" network to the rez.

4 Likes

I’d give it a medium feed of litfa and see how it goes if the soils damp finger deep that should be plenty it’s not wilting or on deaths door from the looks of it . Your on the right idea it’s making roots and it’s a ways to the bottom.

2 Likes

Wow…i run 400-600 the entire way :scream:
Anytime i have tried to go that high, everything burns. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Highest I’ve hit so far, with the flowering bud I got going currently, 1480 ppm (tds scale [700])

Havnt had any nute burn at all so far, only burn I got is from being too close to the uvb, and that’s barely noticable.

3 Likes

Love you live feed looks good I see your running uv lights does it make a lot of difference?

1 Like

So far, I’ve noticed a lot of building of trichomes.

And some are already cloudy.

8 Likes

I have often wondered if i have been doing something odd all these years…lol

3 Likes

I just took these. I mean, they do not look like they are starving, do they???

13 Likes

@Jinglepot seen these?

2 Likes

I’ve been reading about them all day!!!

2 Likes

What ever your feeding them they aren’t complaining . Not even a leaf tip burn .

3 Likes