Octopot Grow System

Thanks for saying that, didn’t want to come off as bat shit crazy. Buttttt…

4 Likes

I have never seen hydro go like this. But then again, my dirt friends say I am growing hydro, the hydro guys say I am growing in dirt…so, that puts me right where I like to be…enlightened :grinning: …with full knowledge now that everyone else is batshit crazy…they just do not have a clue that they are :joy:

9 Likes

13 days from

to

The latter picture would be more impressive had I not topped it and taken a few cuttings…
Some of those fan leaves are bigger than my head!

8 Likes

8 Likes

They are coming on strong :+1:
octopots

4 Likes

Octopots… The flavor of organic with the speed of hydro.

Lol new motto

6 Likes

Any ideas anyone?

@OctoKaley ?

1 Like

My Octopots sometimes get a little green algae growing in that area where the soil remains moist. I haven’t seen yellow patches like that before though. I’d take a “wait and see” approach. If the plant shows signs of suffering, maybe a dilute bleach spray on the yellow spots?

1 Like

Hey bro that’s getting a lot worse! I agree with barefoot and blazed I will put some water down bleach in a spray bottle to give it a shot can you scraping you have it off

Funny and six years are using the octopods I’ve never had that happen

2 Likes

I didn’t wash the bags from shipment, maybe it had something on it.

Bleach can’t kill mold on porous surfaces.

5 days ago, I sprayed Hydrogen Peroxide all over the bags and carefully scrapped off the paste.
so that didnt work.

1 Like

Got a response, wicked fast. Like 20 mins fast.

I guess it’s algae?

6 Likes

You got an algae bloom caused by excess n or p or both

7 Likes

That’s dam good customer relations

4 Likes

isnt that a good thing?

2 Likes

Not a good thing if what you are putting in isn’t being used up and is building up in your media , ie too high ppm and or wrong type of feed for that stage etc

3 Likes

Well shit, I’ve been doing 1.1 ec jacks

Plants are healthy otherwise.

6 Likes

I got algae spots like that on my octopot grow. I didn’t pay any attention to it.

5 Likes

I was just concerned about starting flower with mold present, but not concerned anymore.

2 Likes

Your plants arnt showing any burnt tips or clawing , and are a nice colour : ) maybe a fan at fabric pot level might help : )

7 Likes

Perhaps a bit more porosity in the medium ?

2 Likes