Octopot Grow System

I was thinking that as well, but as I touched it last night it dusted off, so I’m afraid of directing a fan at it and spreading an issue.

I added 50% perlite to the promix soil.

2x 5g promix with 1x 5 g perlite.

The two things the algae need to bloom is envioment and food , change/remove one and it should not bloom , you don’t need to change feed ( as plants look great ) sooooooo a small fan might be just the ticket ( changing the envioment ) , with the general circulation in the tent i would think the dust is everywhere anyway ( if a thing ) , so the fan below won’t make any difference maybe in that regard but the impact of the change of envioment could work in your favor plus plants will love it too win win , block that hole too in octo Rez if left open , is that where it is worst on fabric pot near the hole like where it first starts and takes hold ? Like a fire investigator tracing back the scorch fire damage to see the fires point of origen that’s where it looks in pic , beside hole and at salt tide line

Just shootin the breeze , I know nothing of the octos : )

My major concern would be I would not want that algae over time after a number of grows deteriorating the fabric pots quicker ( extra more intense cleaning between grows ) as I’m sure they abit more expensive than regular ones and I’m a tight ass : )

5 Likes

One thing I’ve learned about Octopots you really need to increase ventilation and increase circulation because the excess humidity that constantly around . Last run i had a problem with humidity in my room With 4 Octopots running at once my humidity was 65 to 70% in my tent

This was the main reason I went from scrogging to manifold technique to eliminate excess of Vegetation and to give more room around the plants for air circulation I would definitely put a fan at the bottom at the base I have one myself including my intake line

9 Likes

guess ill be adding another fan lol

https://www.octopot.com/store/p19/gro-sleeves.html

12 pack for 60

2 Likes

The wife allowed me to use the washing machine finally

5 Likes

i put my 4 other bags though the wash with oxyclean.

2 Likes

Also use the hole covers no lights in the res roots hate it

3 Likes

Yeah, I completly forgot i have them, Im putting them in now.

2 Likes

You do realise @Papalag , your setting yourself up for the blame when the washing machine naturally packs in , shes settin you up to get a new machine haha and you’ll be banned from the new one too , she’s playing the long game , very devious lol mines the same haha

7 Likes

nothing on these grow bags could ever be worse than when I was working with heavy machinery and covered in diesel, oil and grease.

3 Likes

Oil and grease deffo wouldn’t be good : )

2 Likes

could use this to clean the bags if your concerned.

i just ordered one for ice water extraction

This could also be the reason for the growth

theres not much breathing room in there at the base of the bags.

2 Likes

I got the same machine lol
@ifish your right they play the long game and win every time lol

@Syn thats tight in there

1 Like

never said that before :wink:

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth::crazy_face::joy: :crazy_face::rofl::crazy_face::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Posting this here so I remember, also for anyone who is interested in the Octogrid.

I went to look up the octogrid cost, and for a 10 peice set it would be over $279.50

Now don’t get me wrong, I love the American business idea, but dude, 300$ for chicken wire and lawn fabric is a bit of a rip off.

https://www.octopot.com/store/p102/Octo-Grid-Plant-Supports.html

So doing a little research, here is what is needed for the grid if you want it.

~ $80 for the whole shabang!

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1: Home Depot is a lot cheaper then that Octopot grid

Great find

2 Likes

I would have also tried to peroxide that until the spores were broken.

yeah, so it was a nitrogen thing, because what ever growth i was experiencing on the side of the bags has now died when i went with the bloom and UV nutes for 2 weeks.

2 Likes

For anyone that uses the Jack’s 10-30-20 and 5-12-26 combos in flower (or anyone that knows) do you not need added calcium? Seems like the Jack’s has some Mag, just no Cal. But on the nute charts I’ve seen posted, it looks like people are just using the 10-30-20 and 5-12-26 in various combination throughout flower, and not adding anything else like Cal-Mag.

Edit to add: This is the nute schedule I’m referring to:

4 Likes