Octopot Grow System

I just did a few mins of research, and I think I’m going to go this route instead of promix.

Seems cheaper and easy to reuse.

ill supplement the mix of coco and perlite with some myco

1 Like

I don’t think you want vermiculite in an Octopot “soil” mixture. It helps retain moisture, but in this system the roots are living in the reservoir. They will wick up all the moisture they need.

I use ProMix (the all purpose one which contains mycorrhizae but no other nutrients) with extra perlite. I’ll add a handful of EWC and lime, but otherwise keep it simple.

I have really hard water so I definitely need to add pHdown. When I mix a 5 gallon bucket of nutes I add 1 TBSP of whichever nute is appropriate for that phase of growth (20-20-20 for veg, 10-30-20 for flower, 5-12-26 to finish, all Jack’s), 1 TBSP CalMag, and 1 TBSP pHdown. I use pH drops to check levels but have never checked EC…

2 Likes

thank you for the vermiculite info. I didnt know that. I think I will stick with coco. I do not like dirt, to be honest. I dont want it in my area. I tend to fixate on things and right now runoff is my bette noir. (one of the reasons I went octo). I don’t want another

my water is ~220ppm ph 6.7 out of the tap. thank you for the measurements. you do not use grams with jack’s?

@Papalag @Syn thank you. this is exciting!

1 Like

hit me up when you make a new journal with the octopots, ill be interested in following.

DAYM! I got city water of 10ppm and 8.8 +/- ph
my city water is MENT for growing da weed

Straight from tap

(yes i know its “out of calibration”)

2 Likes

lol. little maker chronicles. sure why not.

lucky you on the water. ec 0.3 sucks.

1 Like

I just confirmed on my container of 10-30-20 that Jacks’ recommended dosage is measured in teaspoons, not by weight. Kinda figures, since I’m in the US. I’ve lived in countries where metric is the standard and it makes things so much easier…

2 Likes

huh, dollar store measuring jobs then. can’t steel hers. strange tho, it implies vague limits in the feed. this could be a relaxed grow. I wonder if I can cram one in my closet.

Edit: yes I can… Mwahahahahahaha… Like getting an elephant to make sweet love to a pig… . . :rofl:

3 Likes

Should be good for a couple of months, what you think?

5 Likes

I need this scale

What’s the brand

3 Likes

I weigh my salts with one like these…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SB5CM7H/ref=psdcmw_678508011_t3_B06XKFLVKB?th=1&psc=1

5 Likes

Thanks bro I can’t see some of numbers on these things , I need a large screen

Paps

1 Like

Funny. I have a kitchen scale with the big display because of my old eyes. Lol

4 Likes

Fuzion Pocket Gram Scale, 200g x… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P1LWDV4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

1 Like

I just bought that scale, its arriving tomorrow. I bought it for weighing Jacks that should be arriving tomorrow as well.

3 Likes

Win win!! Good luck!!

1 Like

Octopot out for delivery! W00t!!

4 Likes

holy crap that was fast!

i just ordered some coco to use for my next grow

1 Like

@SaintAliasKnife you’ll be amazed by how great your plants grow

@Syn i was thinking about a 50/50 coco / promix for next run

Note : my Reservoir was empty with only 4 days till fertilizer change on the schedule so I only filled to the 1 first level
Which should empty by the scheduled change

Also
If you find a bloom booster that’s a 0/50/30 and mix with jacks 10/30/20 early bloom (1/3/5) then mid bloom mix with jacks 5/15/26 (.5/3/3) you will see a big difference

Paps

4 Likes

Blew my mind fo sho. then I realized they’re next door (michigan). I’ll take it! it means I can start a seed tonight in a solo cup. giddy yap!

@Papalag and @Syn : I’m coming from megacrop/bud explosion and sea-k. I have Jack’s TAP (15-5-20), Ultraviolet (5-50-18) and Finish (7-15-30).

How do you reccomend I feed them?

1 Like

instead of Bloom on the chart, use UV

2 Likes