Octopot Grow System

Ok then! :grin:

Thank you!

I don’t use the tap

But 5/50/18 I would use week 3 through 5

The finish week 8 till end

1 Like

So guys, pretty sure I got wifey’s permission even though it looks like I missed the sale to make an Octopot purchase. So rather than go through this thread for info could I get recommendations. I have a couple 4x4 tents. I hand water now daily so I’m thinking no res. With no rez how many days before top up all thing considered. 3 gal, 6 gal. Options needed not needed?

4 Likes

@Floyd
Send an email, they might give you the sale price since it just ended.

1 Like

Will do, thanks. But do you have any thoughts on what I should order exactly.

2 Likes

6 gal

4 fit in 4x4 (4 will also fit in a 3x3 but itll be tight)

if you can grab the Octogrid over the bags, itll be cheaper to grab them right with the main order than to grab them later.

If no grid, grab the strapped bags, with the 6 gal rez

my 4x4 with 4 octopots

5 Likes

Did you top all 4? Getting ready to do 6 in a 5x5. But after looking at yours, it’s going to be super tight.

3 Likes

For a 4 x 4 foot tent 4 of the 6 gallon Octopots

If you train them right you’ll be amazed at the results

3 Likes

I upgraded from a 4x4 to a 5x5 so I could fit more Octopots. There’s a max of 4 in a 4x4 but you can fit 9 in a 5x5. I’ve never run that many though. The plants LOVE the Octopots and can get huge if you let them veg. I do like having the extra space for the airflow and the option to toss in something random in 3 gallon fabric pot.

I have the 6 gallon version. In veg I can go a week before I need to refill the reservoir. In late flower when they’re super thirsty it can be drained in a few days.

5 Likes

My bad. Sale was still on. So glad I told wifey I wouldn’t buy a new truck. Shes like thats way cheaper than a truck… Order placed. 8 on the way with grids. Been wanting these since Jetro was around.

5 Likes

4x 3 gal octopots in a 2 x 2.5 tent

and 4 6 gal in a 4x4

sorry i pinged you barefoot, i thought i hit the general reply.

good buy! Cant wait to see your grows with them!

im going to make some homemade grids come soon

for anyone interested, this is the dimensions

6 gal vs 3 gal

3 gal is good for vegging, you can run though flower with it, but youll be watering every 2-3 days.

6 gal is great for flower, 6-8 days per feed.

30 mins to mix nutes, 15 mins to pour in the res, and your good for another week.

7 Likes

How many Octo’s have you run in the 5x5?

1 Like

math says 3.33 per 5 feet, so 9?

2 Likes

9 is too many in my humble opinion

It will get out of hand very quickly

1 Like

4 Likes

I think the most I’ve had at once is five.

Right now all my Octopots are empty except one. I took a beating from broad mites recently. I’ve got one last Orange Goji plant to finish, then everything gets sanitized and ozoned so I can start over with a clean slate.

1 Like

Hate those little b@&$&&$ :imp:

1 Like

Oh boy, you have no idea how happy that statement makes me.

2 Likes

it was my selling point, thats what made me spend the money to get them.

I was also pissed off on the run to waste concept and how i was wasting money.

1 Like

That depends on the plant I’ve had some empty in 5 days

2 in my back row are drinking much faster the the front 2

1 Like