Octopot Grow System

I see that, who would have guessed!!! LMAO!!!

Just pulled out my collection, a light, my seed starter. Have nuff soil already made to plant the seedlings once sprouted. Gonna grow them outside till they show sex, then take cuts for the octopots.

Will look at my seeds, but thinking this:

Orange Goji
Space Monkey
OGAH Amnesia Haze X Orange Goji
Orange Monkey space monkey X Orange Goji

I LOVE all of them, havent had in a spell, pretty much sure thats what I will run.

4 Likes

Hey Papa, not wanting to dig through old posts, to find feed charts, so gonna bounce off you. Going to stay Jacks, it works, but forgotten the schedule.

Seeds soaking this afternoon after I make my pics, then going outside to sex, so we have some time before octos go up. Maybe it will all come back to me, lol!!!

3 Likes

All good iv been playing with jacks hitting the right ratio’s

2 Likes

Cool pop in my grow thread and when time comes remind me!!! Have to look and see what i have left, let me know what I will need will order it

3 Likes

I do all Jack’s. 1 TBSP per 5 gallon:
20-20-20 through the first couple weeks of flower
10-30-20 in flower
5-12-26 the last couple weeks.

I add CalMag and Silica in veg as well - also at 1 TBSP each per 5 gallon.

I ordered some of those new bags that @Syn posted a couple weeks ago. I’ll give them a shot in the near future.
“Double Layered. Rocket Grow Sleeves are 1.5” wider and 1" shorter than Standard Grow Sleeves."

5 Likes

Uploading: IMG_20220526_112026260.jpg…
Back on the outdoors octopot saga, the bags are holding up. New soil this year 707 mix with a ton of castings added in layers. And the fish fertilizer went in the rez of each. Decided to use clones this year that are much bigger than the seedlings I used last year. Now to see if these rock harder than last year.
Two phenos of SLH x JH, my jack herer bleeder, lerry Lovenstien, corey95 and then my 96 skunk 1. This is just the octopot runs. Lol runs. They smell like the runs from the fish shit stuff for sure.

6 Likes

Here are some pictures of the issues I’m having. I’ve kept the PH between 5.5 and 6.5. 1/4 strength Foxfarm hydro nutrient schedule. Just upped them to 1/3 and a full dose of calmag, and they seem to be doing worse but I can’t say for sure, the damage was already there! Thinking I might have to scrap my Foxfarm and Coco Loco dreams and go with something more tried and true for this system soon if I can’t correct this.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Everything I see its telling me PH but for coco your range is right on 5.5 to 6.5
Have you check ph in the reservoir recently?
See if it is still in that range it may have shifted a bit

I use pro mix and keep my ph between 6.0 and 6.2 which is different from coco

Your adding calmag I see which is needed in coco

Clean out res add ph water only Epson salts and cal net ( basically calmag)

Calling our brother @George any thoughts ?

3 Likes

Amazing I’ll be watching this for sure

1 Like

My first thought is Potassium:

but could also be nute burn:

Checking ppm and pH in a slurry test could bring valuable info on what’s happening … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

3 Likes

I hope Chris and his business is doing well, I know a few months ago he came out on youtube about having to let off some of his employees due to hard times. But he said he was going to keep trucking along.

Ive been trying to promote octopots anywhere i can, I believe in the system and love the idea, and being made in USA has a big win in my eyes.

Cant wait to see some fotos!

depends what your gonna run with jacks, each one has its own schedules and if you do Jacks 321, that would probally be the cheapest and easiest. You would still need to add some macro stuff but thats easy.

I run Jacks “The City Limits” due to the fact i use city water and this adds a little cal-mag.

But love jacks.

3 Likes

Greetings OctoPodlers,

FYI, with the advice and consent of the @Mods I have consolidated my previous OctoPod Auto Filler notes into a separate thread located here:

They said it was OK to cross post which was cool because I didn’t want to break any bookmarks or links to my earlier posts here.

Please join the conversation in the new thread if you want to follow this auto filler topic.

Best regards,
-Grouchy

5 Likes

Here’s an Octopot knockoff that I haven’t seen before. Pretty damned clever design with auto-fill built into the system. Worth taking a look at just for some new ideas.

5 Likes

I’ve seen those before. They sell them in Canada. Nobody carries Octopots in Canada.

1 Like

They sell these at my local store. Octos are better imo.

2 Likes

I’ve seen these quite a bit i almost went with them but I didn’t want any moving parts I like simple lol

I know my old friend @mndlss uses these with great success

Octopots are expensive to ship out of the USA so a lot of over seas peeps use them

Paps

4 Likes

I think I read the floats are prone to sticking.

4 Likes