Octopot Grow System

what I’ve read too. but I’ve seen some nice flowers on them. honestly, the autofill system is not compatible with my setup. My rez is lower than my flowers, I activate a pump to refill my µOctos.

2 Likes

You’d almost think someone would be distributing them in Canada . Wonder what the deal is that someone hadn’t taken on the Canadian side of sales yet?

4 Likes

You would think so. I was lucky enough to get my octos on sale. Savings helped cover shipping.

4 Likes

why do you say OctoPod… im confused.

and this system would put me over my legal limit

1 Like

That’s a totally different system then the octopot .

2 Likes

Nonapod? There’s 9 there… :joy:

2 Likes

It looks like a flood and drain system I almost went for

2 Likes

Greetings @Syn,
It is a little confusing to sort out the various Self-Irrigating-Planter systems.

We don’t really have a name for the Micro Octopot DIY systems that many of us are experimenting with, but that’s what I was refering to.

I guess “Octopod” and “Octopup” are just derivatives paying homage to the genius of the original OctoPot and its two-root-system innovation.

Here’s my six “OctoPup” system connected to an autofiller.

11 Likes

for one, µ is a pain i the neck to keyboard (ALT +0181)…so µOcto is out… :joy:

:dove:

4 Likes

thought we went with µOcto’s

i thought when you were talking octopods you were talking octopots, then i saw the image of the multipot and was confused.

you beat me to it

4 Likes

Hi all look at the roots going through the bag

It’s like a band of roots around the bottom

9 Likes

I’m a big fan of using clones in the Octopots

This one I just took a mature plant ( Frankenstein)
And transfer it in to the Octopots

Iv done this many times before biggest growth explosion is normally from clones once the roots hit the reservoir and takes about 20 days

The mature plant should hit the reservoir in half that time

@Jetdro maybe this will be best for your problem child

Note mac1 in left corner front

WC still not well

11 Likes

Well that is F*ing Genius Paps!

I didn’t know and would not have guessed that would work at all, much less Very Well. :+1: :+1:

Too Cool, thanks for sharing.
-Grouchy
PS, wish I’d known this last month, I woulda moved my pollinated Frankie into octo!

PPS, How exactly did you do that? Did you fill the octo around the transplant root ball, or ???

3 Likes

Just break up the root ball and she’ll produce very well stem gets fat AF

And saves time

So 4 to 6 weeks to mature and show sex .plus 2 weeks to root cutting, then 20 days for rooted clones to hit the reservoir

6 Likes

Hi bro
First when transplanting break up root ball you can also trim some of the roots ( this will stimulate root growth)
I also use a mycorrhiza directly on the roots and mix some in the soil.

I fill the bag as usual and plant it deeper then the clones
I use jethro’s turbo method ( pouring water only down the hole :hole: you transfer to not the whole surface area )
Only fill reservoir to the first level till roots hit rez about 10 to 15 days depending on the plant

I also use rhizotonic for root development it’s a bit expensive but it’s good shit lol :joy: I’ve seen bigger healthy roots using it

Hopefully this helps

5 Likes

Hello all, New to octopots, they should be arriving this week. This thread is phenomenal! and packed with great info. I’ll have to look around and see if there is a journal section as I’d really like to keep one online as well for feedback.

New to growing as well, I’ve have done a couple grows in a few different kinds of soil all with the same White widow Auto fem seeds. A couple were stunted a couple didn’t grow very big, but had a small nice yield, which I think I may have caused by overwatering. Not sure really as I did exactly the same with each plant and 1 would be ok, the other 2/3 would be 12"s of not much… which is why I purchase the octopots.

Medium is Happy Frog(I’ll be switching to pro mix for the next grow), using FF nutes, Great White for the hole I’ll drop the jiffy pellet in with seed soaked and tap root planted. I also plan on using Recharge every 10 days or so until midflower. Light is a migro array 4, also have a viparspectra P2000 in a 2x3 tent, I’ll be doing 1 in the tent and 2 in the room with the Migro light.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG and to Octos @blkbelt65!

There’s enough brain power here to ignite nuclear fusion and folks are happy to help. Read everything you can find about Planet Octo and you’ll do just fine. They are an awesome way to grow.

Best of Luck,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome man this thread alone is mind-blowing with information.

A question I do have, I bought a bag of sohum soil before ordering the octopots, any reason not to mix that 50/50 with the Happy Frog?

2 Likes

Most everyone will tell you that Octos and organic soil don’t mix.

Stick with Promix & perlite for the win.

5 Likes

Welcome @blkbelt65
I’ve been using Octopots now for about 5 or 6 years !
The best way to grow I wish I found them 17 years ago
I only wish I could fit more of them

Easy to use.
You Can leave them alone for a week at a time
Truly set it and forget it

There are quite a bit of us using them around here

Feel free to ask if you need help

Paps

4 Likes