Octopot Grow System

Living soil really is not the best fit for the Octopots sys
I find it’s best to use a substrate ( pro mix hp the bx , sunshine #4) with no nutritional value in it
This way I give the plant all it needs with out guessing what’s in the soil

Also once roots hit food they tend to slow there growth and you want the roots to hit the reservoir by the way if you use clones about 20 days to hit

Paps

4 Likes

Yes there is, in the indoor grow section.
I also grow in Octos.

2 Likes

Use promix and 25 percent perlite added to it . Do not use FF .

Use “turbo” method when planting into the pots , you can find it explained here in a few places .

I also run them have 27 humming right now

Welcome all you need is on this site

3 Likes

Hey papa I’m getting my Dixie cut clones to hit rez in 7 days or so . Most of them anyway :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

That’s great bro that turbo method of yours sure works great !!!

2 Likes

Yeah it really does but gotta be Dixie’s the larger pots let the water go wide instead of straight down

3 Likes

These little boogers work.

Seven plants altogether. 4 spots per tent with 5 gal bucket reservoirs and 2 gal tote float distributors.

At this point they’re taking 4 gallons a day. Everyone here is from seed.

11 Likes

Yup

That’s an Octo stalk alright :sunglasses:

Welcome to the club

2 Likes

Love the micro octo. Easiest grow I’ve ever done was my first with those.

5 Likes

It has been almost frighteningly effortless. I do recommend stretching some sort of mesh across the inside of the hose connections unless you want roots in your reservoir. LOL

One remarkable thing is how well this sort of system is tolerated by different sorts of plants.

4 Likes

I made the switch this is my second run and the system works perfect. I do recommend following the octopot guide.

1 Like

Are you talking about the auto fill system?

3 Likes

Yes. Those super vigorous plants ran roots right up the lines and showed up in the float reservoir. I zip-tied some pantyhose type material over the internal ends of the fittings in each

Derp. Now I understand how silly that sounded. :joy:

5 Likes

:joy: damn @GREANDAL that’s nuts!
Nature always finds a way, that’s for sure

5 Likes

It’s not surprising really, that’s what roots do, but I let the one tent get away from me. They vegged twice as long as I intended.

2 Likes

Good god y’all… :joy:

Front row right, photo on day 45.
Back row autos on day 83.

The 3 large plants are drinking over a gallon a day each.

All on same feed. My leveling rezevoir has a steady drip drip drip.

This setup is amazing.

9 Likes

Damn!! That’s impressive! Nice work!

2 Likes

Gotta laugh, “Be careful what you wish for?” :rofl:

Octos Rawk!

3 Likes

Haha damn that funny I don’t have the auto fill yet. Been thinking about doing a diy auto fill just hasn’t made it to the top of the to do list.

3 Likes

@firehead, thanks to you, man. Seeing yours convinced me to stop lolligagging… :joy:.

@GrouchyOldMan, yea… My previous were short and I didn’t understand they were stunted thanks to my sub optimal practices… :joy:…didn’t realize how much I hampered them.

BTW, pond zyme. Just a pinch in 9 gall. Cleeeeeean

Still have no idea Wtf I’m gonna do with the end product… :joy:

4 Likes