OG Michiganders Unite

I grew up in Central Michigan. Breckenridge actually. Living near Grand Rapids now.

5 Likes

My son lives near Grand Rapids.

6 Likes

I am at the base of the thumb. My daughter lives in Grand Rapids.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

My family settled in Gratiot County 1872, They were all farmers near Wheeler and Breckenridge
Lived in a few cities and small towns in Mi over the years. now a few minutes from Lake MI in the country on a few acres. Close to Hart and Ludington. We’ve had to use window boxes and make tents from clear plastic to ward of frost and even small indoor electric heaters to extend the season. Only once on a plant did we get bud rot… soo lucky.

5 Likes

Yep still here out here in the snowbelt by tc area.

4 Likes

I graduated Breckenridge in 1989. I probably know some of your family. I took crop and soil science classes in school instead of biology. It was a big thing to be in FFA. Never new back then how I would come to use that knowledge but boy I am sure glad I did.

3 Likes

@G-paS and @Bobgrows
Our son lived just outside too. he was going to college at the time.

Lady Z and I go there ever once in a while. Mostly medical appointments.
Rural living has its doensides .GR does have an awesome museum. and John Ball Zoo is fun.

6 Likes

That’s cool! Crop and soil science probably made a huge difference. Glad it’s helped you with growing

I’m sure you probably do know some… They had large families and some kept their farms in their family. I know many cousins that don’t farm but are still in the area. One was a professor at CMU. I won’t get into how my Grandfather got us to Sag… I’m an autistic nerd :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Love John Ball zoo! Been there many times with the grandsons.

2 Likes

Lady Z and our daughter went while they were out of town visiting her parents.l, it’s on route we all love it!

From here It’s an 1-1/2 - 2 hrs. depending on who’s driving… lol

3 Likes

In the same general area as @G-paS, 42.9N growing outside.

13 Likes

I’m down near Ann Arbor, south Lyon to be exact

4 Likes

East Lansing! Nice grows everyone

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful grow :metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

I had to run down there Friday to met up with a lawyer. :woozy_face:

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Thank you kindly :blush:

Because this isn’t Australia…

10 Likes

Any of you Michiganders interested in some Skunk Hawaiian pollen. I have two males that are just starting to release. The seeds came from AMS this year. Figured I would share here first and if I have some spare I will offer it in another thread. Peace Kavman

4 Likes

Light dep does work…

Three magnificent bastards

7 Likes

You don’t have to worry about going over your numbers. :rofl:

3 Likes