OG Michiganders Unite

Wow bro :flushed::confused: God I hope heā€™s OK.

3 Likes

Same! He always had great advice and said some funny shit. Freaks me out when members just disappear, especially if their normally extremely active. Wish Iā€™d seen he was up in my neck of the woods back at end of April, woulda been cool to meet another OGā€™R .

3 Likes

Kalamazoo, what up.

2 Likes

So speaking of meeting OGers, anyone down for a bbq? We can meet up in an off the path park and bbq and smoke some weed. Or disc golf, go fishing or whatever.

7 Likes

@sct2020 You wanna hit up Cass Benton one day? Havenā€™t been there much since my little brother died but Iā€™d be happy to go again one of these nights after work or something.

Or thereā€™s supposed to be a decent one at the YMCA down the road from me in Flushing

1 Like

Oooh from one of the fancy weed spots lol. Idk why I view kzoo like Ann arbor when it comes to weed cause Iā€™ve not been there in many years but I do for whatever reason.

What kinda grow you got going on over there?

I live right by north ridge church, they have a surprisingly nice course

Yep @monkeyman is from SE MI.
I am from Flint area
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t want to say your area if you didnā€™t want it known :wink: I got you

1 Like

Iā€™d be down to try a new course, Iā€™m gonna be rusty as shit though and gotta collect some discs again, old ones became dog toys over the years :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Lol, I have plenty. I just gotta dig them out. I havenā€™t played in like a year and a half

1 Like

Check the thread(s). Small time but enthusiastic.

1 Like

Went a few times at the crystal mtn course but itā€™s been a few years. Used to piss my oldest off cuz Iā€™d call it ā€œfrolfingā€ haha

2 Likes

Anyone else that was around mid Michigan idk a decade or two ago that has heard the stories of the Pinconning Paralyzer strain?

Supposedly Bullit Budz, licensed grow op, had a father who had seeds leftover in his toolbox and managed to get some to germinate out of that.

There was an MLive article and I contacted the writer who put me in contact with management at Bullit Budz and they said

"Currently i have no intentions on selling genetics, not that i wont later. But given the folklore and current intrest in this ever rare starin, we will be only offering this thru flower at dispos. Stay tuned tho one day i will do a limited fem seed run.

Thank you for the intrest. Also very nice strain list. Very exotic!! My cell is below. Save if you want."

While I am impatiently waiting for that day, any of you other Michiganders happen to have a magic line to find this strain?

e class="onebox allowlistedgeneric" data-onebox-src="https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2021/05/michigans-most-famous-weed-strain-pinconning-paralyzer-eyes-comeback-after-two-decade-hibernation.html">
mlive ā€“ 9 May 21
2 Likes

He supposedly got 46 year old beans stored in a toolbox to germ?..casting immense doubt. No different than the RKS hucksters. People just love a story, add a dose of nostalgia and collect profit.

6 Likes

Hope is a hell of a business tool isnā€™t it? Sure as shit got me hookedā€¦

Canā€™t learn from failure if you never try though, Iā€™ve always lived off of ā€œexpect the worst, hope for the best. In that orderā€

1 Like

Saw youā€™re into heirlooms on your profile, what kinda heirlooms? Iā€™ve got lots of landraces straight from the source and then bred together for stock by Hippie Cannabis Genetics based out of Flint

Trueā€¦but failure seems to always mean spend money, time, energy, and space on mystery seeds. Itā€™d be awesome if it was the real dealā€¦but gotta be super wary of anyone who suddenly finds these old local/regional varieties folks have started looking for.

People also tend to be disappointed when it actually is what it wasā€¦a 50 year old Afghani outdoor line probably isnā€™t gonna turn heads like folks think it will.

4 Likes

I call BS on this bigtime, itā€™s pretty handy that some guy who owns a commercial grow comes across a legendary strain

3 Likes

I got all sorts of stuff Iā€™ll get around to growing eventually. Space is always tight though haha. Havenā€™t heard of Hippie Cannabis Genetics.

1 Like