OG Michiganders Unite

Curious questions…

1. why just DRY trim?
  2. what is your charge for coming and doing it?
1 Like

Cause it’s specifically made for dry trimming, like once stems snap n you’d normally trim you just chop nugs off branches and toss em in.

Also I’m not 100% on how much I’d charge yet, I could use some insight on whether it should be hourly or just charge one flat rate.

What would you think is fair to pay to not have to trim your harvest?

Well, I think I would charge per plant. My indoor doesn’t yeild like the outdoor does. They get huge!
Hourly… what if something goes wrong with the machine, takes time to load… many variables.
If it’s per plant size…customers, I think, might be more willing to try…
As to what to charge… again I would go by plant size. Or ask customers which they prefer.
I really could have used this last year…I had hand surgery right before harvest.
I have no idea what the cost of the machine, I know pricey… then your time…
If you where to do my outside grow. It would be a couple hundred…IMO

1 Like

I mean it takes 80% of the work out of the process, longest part is snipping buds off of branches which the consumer could do beforehand if they prefer and I think it’d depend on the end quality they want too, cause it takes a little finesse for different bud structures to make things perfect.

I like the idea of by the plant but maybe it should be more by the estimated amount weight of what’s gonna go through it? Like half pound trim is x, 1 pound is x, 2 pounds is x and so on, I think that’d be the easiest way to make both parties happy about how things were to be priced, but I’ve found it’s always easier to ask what people prefer and think is fair to pay in any practice, most of the time they give more than what I would’ve asked and I end up giving a discount.

I’ll have to do some more thinking about this, it’s my first year trying to even do it and I only got the machine this year too, which yes was expensive at 2850$ but could’ve been even moreso from the others I was looking at

1 Like

I have looked at them. I do have a hand crank trimmer I use.
Didnt think of the per pound… that does sound like a better way of doing it.
I’ll keep you in mind for next year. I’ve got trimmers lined up already for this year.
We just have a big trim party…

2 Likes

I did that last year and paid people in ounces, cause they’d stay for a good 8 hours hand trimming. Cost me over 2lbs in the end and that right there will pay for the trimmer this year, thats the main reason I got it to begin with.

Thanks for your time and energy helping me figure this out a bit

2 Likes

As far as a meet up goes I have a place in west michigan we can all gather. Its a private location so there is that at play.

2 Likes

Any of you heard what’s going on at grow Green on the 18th?
I’ve gone before. Seed- clone swap.Allot of giveaways.

3 Likes

Supposed to be 10 seed vendors which would be the main thing I’m interested in, but I’ve spent far too much to be buying anything and gotta stick to trades for the time being.

I’d really be down for a OG meetup where we can all smoke each other down n try each other’s stuff n trade stories n all the fun stoner shit I’ve gotten to experience with the few I’ve met

3 Likes

There is also a tent where you can do seed and clone trades. For free…
I don’t do clones anymore. Did it once… had the worst case of Broad mites!! :rage:🪳
So seeds only for me…

3 Likes

I considered going but won’t for the same reason. LOL

To be honest, I have enough Dutch hybrid nonsense I haven’t bought any of that in quite a while. I grow CBD for the wife and a good knockout for sleep but we’re good for a year now so it’s Sativa madness this fall. I did drop some coin on a couple Lao and a Malawi not long ago, looking forward to them. I find my bent is more along the “preservation” line.

I’m all for setting eyes on each other in person, could be a lot of fun. It should be in a private relatively secure place. By secure I mean owned by one of us. My 2c…

4 Likes

Never been to any cannabis related events, would be cool to check out

3 Likes

I am still thinking it over, its a drive from here but Grow green is one of my favorite places to shop. I havent seen the new building yet.

1 Like

The building is a huge warehouse! They rant have allot going on.
The freebies are well worth the drive, IMO.
It’s over an hour and half for me.
Maybe see ya there…:green_heart::v:

1 Like

I am from Saginaw, but living in North Dakota now,its a hike

1 Like

Yup sure is for you!! :flushed:

but hey could visit relatives,my daughter and friends to…its still up in the air,if i do go i am going to be there as soon as it opens on the 18th

1 Like

Same here. Be cool to say Hi! Let me know if you’re coming. Put a face to “Who”! Lol
Hope to see ya there! :green_heart::v:

1 Like

will do, yes it would be cool, Mich peeps on here talking about a get together would be awesome!

2 Likes

Anyone else here thinking of going to the Grow Green Cannibas Expo?
This Saturday.