OG Michiganders Unite

anyone going to gene traders in november in detroit?

1 Like

First Iā€™ve heard of that.
What is it and when?

Michigan Legislature Introduces Bills to Reduce Caregiver Program

Anybody concerned?

2 Likes

I desperately want to move back to michigan and grow again.
Anyone need a 60 year old coldwater hash techniques master?
Husband and wife team, both caregivers at one point

1 Like

imagine a seedbank website, but in live action and in physical space.
its on 21 nov in detroit but you have to buy a ticket to find out exactly where it is.
i went to the one in may. its just a canna flea market - vendors selling seeds and cuts. itā€™d be worth it to me to actually trade genetics with people rather than just buying seeds from vendors. which is why iā€™m seeing who is going.

4 Likes

Are you thinking of the one this Saturday?
They have 13 seed vendors this time so only clone tradesā€¦
But, I always carry some just in case a conversation comes upā€¦ if you know what I meanā€¦ lol ya never know.
This one is free to go to. Lots of cool swag as well. Just a FYIā€¦

2 Likes

no, it in november. gene-traders.com is their site i believe.

2 Likes

I have to go to Ren fest in Holly with the daughter and granddaughters

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

I have 4 ren fest tickets I got for free for spending 200$ 4 times, would these help you? Could grab em when you grab the light?

These are all from ren fest :grin: Minds Eye Glass a little corner shop is my spot, love those guys. Purple bowl is from 3 years ago n they even remembered it when I showed em pics

2 Likes

That would be awesome!!

Time comes in the spring Bob remind me. Canā€™t go to the green weed deal this year to much going on. :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Of course I will!!

1 Like

Thanks Bob :facepunch:t2::green_heart::facepunch:t2:

1 Like

TL;DR ā€“ Iā€™m not a caregiver or medical patient, but I donā€™t like it one bit.

Itā€™s a pretty thinly veiled attempt at corporate cannabis companies lobbying to ā€œinvalidateā€ and push the little guys (lower-income & BIPOC caregivers, especially) out of the medical market, so they can start up a bunch of pass-through companies to further increase their profit margin.

Thereā€™s so much included in House Bills 5300, 5301, 5302 that only serves people with large bankrolls backing them, itā€™s almost mind-numbing.

By reducing current LARA licensed caregivers to ā€œUnlicensed Medical Growersā€, creating the separately licensed Specialty Medical Grower classification and restricting by state law where SMGs can grow, they are forcing caregivers out of communities and forcing patients to either find a new 1:1 caregiver, take whatever the dispensaries/SMGs have for them, or do without their medicine. Many caregivers provide medicine to patients even if those patients canā€™t afford to compensate their caregivers. How many SMGs will do the same?

SMGs will be required to base their operations in unzoned, or zoned Agricultural or Industrial spaces, with only a single SMG sharing any building space or utilities. So itā€™s not just the $500 license, itā€™s leasing/building and outfitting a whole new spaceā€“that may be nowhere near a current caregiver or that caregiverā€™s community. Alsoā€¦what demographic is likely to own property that qualifies for SMG grows? Probably not the same demographic currently running caregiver operations out of their home.

5 Likes

This is a huge hit. Its wild that they swung for such a drastic changeā€¦
I feel like there were more routes to explore BEFORE going after patient limits.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not a done deal, most are against it and I read there has been a boycott by colleges against outlets that are corporate owned.

2 Likes

Call or email your state representative and politely urge them to vote NO on house bills 5300, 5301 & 5302. The way these bills are written, only one of them needs to fail to kill all 3.

3 Likes

Wow Smacky, that is spot on, eloquent to boot. I would submit that to MDARD and LARA editors. phenomenal!

2 Likes

I emailed my districtā€™s rep the other day with some of those same points. The guise theyā€™re working under is patient and community safety, along with targeting for additional enforcement some offenders of the current caregiver laws.

Similar to what @BorderTownBud said, this is kinda taking a nuclear option before exploring any other paths or even consistently enforcing existing laws.

2 Likes

Alternatively if the bill(s) pass, Roundup and bolt cutters are real cheap and a full crop(s) is/are tough to recover from financiallyā€¦

1 Like