Old School Breeders Association - Garlic Bud

I’m not even in the scene anymore bradda and no on any use of images w pink pistils as Ive only grown a few varieties that expressed pink hairs…Think they were plants grown OD as well in Co in like 2016 or 2018?..
The Ortega images you mentioned are my grows and images indeed…I pulled the Ortega phenos from hybrid f1 seeds made by TexasKid who made OrtegaHP x BC HP…The OrtegaHP displays a sort of spicy cumin, meaty hashy funk and grows like a standard AfghanHP dom cola form…The Ortega I believe was discovered when Jim Ortega was working the Maple Leaf Indica line…To me the MLI and Ortega are very related but I was lucky to isolate a Ortega phenos from Texas kids hybrid seed…I did breed it out but gave away or lost (was raided in 2014)most of the seeds made…All I have left is a hybrid called MOre=Mishku(Omaha Maz) x OrtegaHP
F1 but every time I try to grow them out or reproduce people got stupid and why I retired from being public in the Weed scene…Folks used to be kind and share varieties and info quite openly. But now a days there’s just been to many who work to steal or use deception to gain and produce a new or old line without giving credit where it’s due…the original OverGrow Strain Guide was great back then and was built on work that folks would have to prove themselves on before just being accepted…I miss the old days n ways and feel the Industry has all but destroyed what many old heads worked so hard to pass on to new growers and seed collectors…Which was in depth information about the parent lines and their origins…But hope this helps clear up and misunderstanding about images…I’ve still got mine backed up in a strain base on a HD but I use to post allot of my grows and images so anyone could compare and discuss phenotype expressions…y’all stay kewl
FOE20

3 Likes

@GregOG it’s very kewl to see folks talking about Jim Ortega(Maple Leaf Wilson)…IMO He did some of the earliest and best Indica isolation/breeding …The main 4 standouts being Maple Leaf Indica, OrtegaHP, Garlic Bud and Kush4…
As stated above I have a very few hybrid Ortega seeds left but keep them close in hopes some day to revive the classics…But as far as reaching Jim Ortega the only connect I’ve trusted or known of is Texas Kid…who is as old skool as it gets and a original standup breeder and very well known to old heads…Power to ya and happy hunting the classics bradda…stay kewl
FOE20

4 Likes

They do give Freebies at OSBA @acespicoli. But SADLY, its always an Un-identified Mix of seeds.

I love a couple/few of their strains, but they do not see the merit in “Knowing what your Growing”

I’ve tried talking with them about it…

I’m probably DONE with them for that reason alone

JOTI is the Cdn firm to contact via email
Double orders and Labeled Freebs

1 Like

Any freebies I received from them have been labeled

1 Like

Oh their Labeled, just not identified…

“MIXED SEEDS” was my last Freebie

5 Likes

Oh I see. They sent me RMG CBD

1 Like

Lol, DaMn Buddy

1 Like

Also weird, mine wasn’t hand written either

1 Like

I wonder if they have someone else dealing with that stuff now. When I ordered it was a couple years ago

1 Like

The Hand-writing is exactly the same as I’ve always received ~ 5 years. ie: black willie is a Fresh order

2 Likes

I’ve only ordered twice from them. lol maybe it was a fluke

2 Likes

When i got something off them, they used a label maker for the named pack and mixed seeds

2 Likes

In my interactions with them, they have been quite upstanding. Quick to give background and describe the strain a bit. I was even going to order garlic bud from them and he said there were complaints about that batch of seed and he wouldnt sell them, just give some for free, along with a free mixed pack.

That being said, on top of their dealings with charles scott (which honestly sounds like both sides acted dishonourably ), they have used other breeders pictures on their site, i found that out afterwards. So i would avoid them, lots of more honest options out there.

4 Likes

Sorry if its been explained and i missed it. How was OSBA affiliated with Nevil? Or were they working with charles scott when he worked with Nevil and thats how they knew one another?

Was just listening to a podcast where people where describing how excited they would be to work with Garlic Bud. Sucks, but would seem that if OSBA had a connection, its a necessary evil to deal with them to get the seeds. The plant didnt do anything, it was mismanaged

1 Like

Thanks brother, I have the upmost respect for Jim. He never considered himself a breeder but a seed collector. He definitely inspired me to be like him. Thanks for capturing one of the best Ortega grown buds in history. :100::dove:

4 Likes

I have some of his Thai 78’ seeds and I just popped some in water today. I bought a few different varieties from Old school breeders association a few years ago, I ordered the AfPak and the Malawi goldXThai. I think he gave me the Thai 78’ as a free sample, last time I was growing them I had left town for a weekend came back and they were almost dead. The weather was really hot and they had dried out pretty quickly I had them in a 3x3 tent using led lights and they were in big grow bags with coco coir I thought I had watered them really good before I left but I guess I didn’t anyway looking forward to this next crop I am starting.

3 Likes

Garlic bud F x Hawaiian sativa M
August 1st regular season from seed.

I’m breeding the new OSBA Garlic bud together this year.

Female

Male

13 Likes

I ordered the af pak a few years ago and really liked how they grew . Did an open pop of them. Excellent strong plants

1 Like

I heard great things with that in breeding.
I’ve been wanting to get some…:100::dove:

1 Like