On the hunt for some moms

Wow look at the progress in 7 days…
The first pic is my bag seed that was germinated in the beginning of this month and has been under my 1000w MH hid. I cant beilve how much its eating . It ate 350ppm in 24 hours. Last week it ate 600 ppm in 7 days . Its really starting to take off. M.R. was topped once last week and has 6 nice main stalks going. Ive never done DWC before , The plants really loving it.
The BBK & PLL are forming roots nicely. CHD91 is in the far back My mns order should be here next week and ive ordered 12 more strains from them .
SSH , NHS , shark shock , devil , mango widow, nl5 x haze , nordle , pink floyde , the cure , master kaze.
The last picture is one of two 55 gallon totes I will be adding net pots to so I can add (im thinking) 48 x2 sites to get more seeds germinated.
I keep thinking Chemdog 91 and White widow would be a cool strain to cross.

5 Likes

Here’s one that might be special Hugh. Ace Panama Red clone from female #1.
Has three branches per node, perfect symmetry plant it’s from went in flower 2 weeks ago at 16” , plant is 5’ tall nice node spacing in 3 gallon pots with 9 weeks to go.

9 Likes

That sounds good if your into pure sativa. Very old school smoke.
I dont know why I have it in my head either chemdog or WW are going to be my top producers.
I know I will be making more fem seeds from the best clone of chem dog . Who knows though im sure ill be surprised.

4 Likes

DR chronic arrived.
I germinating all s1 as follows from Green House Seeds
3 purple Urkle S1
3 Jack Herer S1
2 Nevile Haze S1
And 5 Train wreck ( Arcata ) S1
Monday my first part of a 3 part order from MNS will be here . And the hunt will continue.

8 Likes

All germinated . The jack Here’s took the longest . I also had to scuff the shells seam with a razor and do it a second time after they softened. None the less the all have tails and all at in rapid rooters on a tray that’s on a temp controlled heat mat.
I have to build my larger 55 gal system. I purchased three bad ass water pumps though. A large one to move used rez water put a window to the yard and a 1200 gph and 5300 gph submersible pump . The 1200 will be for the 55 gal tote and the 5300 gph will be for my vertical system.

3 Likes

Designed and built the larger 40 site aeroponic reservoir .
Look the growth on this plant for 4 weeks , Hopefully its good. One more 55 gal reservoir and I should be good.
Germinated 10 white widow , 10 la nina from MNS.

8 Likes

Whats the yield on that ? Ever think obout giving bushmaster a try it has Paclobutrazol in it a plant growth hormone that shrinks node spacing.

4 Likes

@Hugh_Glass Thanks for starting this thread! So, about that NYC piff seed you found…that’s some really good karma you’ve got going. And the universe saw fit to make it a female…
Perhaps you might allow me to help support your endeavours$$$…I’d be forever grateful if you‘d think about maybe letting me make a large donation to your cause$$$—The Charitable Foundation for Cultivation of New York City Cuttings$$$ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Black Pearl —a local treasure :herb:

image Uploading: F0841E7F-2E4D-4FCE-83DF-D350D821C7CD.jpeg…

8 Likes

@lazylightning
I never want $$$$ donations after I flower it we maybe could work out a trade.
To be transparent I very rarely smoke bud my brothers brought me this seed and said it came from a bag of piff. I knew it was very special as of last month I didn’t even own lights . last time I grew was 20 years ago and I stopped because um the local Leo decided I need to go to college for 1 year with Five suspended.
I got in trouble last time for taking donations in exchange for flowers.

5 Likes

Perhaps you’d be more into a trade instead of or in addition to a large donation to The Charitable Foundation for the Cultivation of New York City cuttings :sweat_smile: ? I’ve just started the following seeds (I have high hopes for a great pheno from these genomes—hopefully multiple keeper phenos):
*Salty S1 (Inkognyto’s)
*The Cube
*MAC 1 (not Cap’s—but I thought I’d give it a shot)
*Candy Lemon (Exotix Genetics)
*Strawberry Diesel (Exotix Genetics)
*Gelato Cookies (a cross made by a friend)

They’ll be properly up-potted and will be going into my room as soon as my run of DoSiDos (my friend has a nice mom—great terp profile but a low yielder) finishes up. You’re welcome to have her if you like—but like I said she’s a low yielder. I won’t personally be running her again.

7 Likes

Gotcha. Welcome home! Thank god for the suspended…

So glad you know how special she is.

I just posted some possibilities for trade. I’ll keep posting once I move them in and flip them.

I’m a slow mover though, so it might be a minute.

1 Like

I’ve been tossing around the idea of using Bushmaster. It’s just a hormone right? Any tips if I do decide to use it?

For mutual full disclosure, I also do a full outdoor season with a partner. We’re doing a few Herer crosses that I would offer you but I’ve been asked not to take cuttings.

6 Likes

Bush master is like super bud aka the pgr Paclobutrazol .
Its all pgr . plant growth regulators
Depends who you ask if its good or not . I can tell you the big dogs use pgr . There hormones the plants make naturally . Us as humans are selecting when to use them. Its like athlete’s using roids . There is such thing as too much of a good thing.
Allot of people are Hippocrates over pgr they will use them for say rooting clones but say products like super bud aka Paclobutrazol is bad thing . Here is a good article.
Bushmaster is great to use on large sativa before you flip the lights . it makes them very compact with very little down side.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.humboldtseeds.net/en/blog/plant-growth-regulators-weed/%3Famp

4 Likes

Thanks for this. And thanks for the article. I’m familiar with the debate—and the hypocrisies. But now that I know it’s hormone, I don’t see what the problem would be.

People can be so illogical. Like those who get high and holy about being organic, and look down on ‘chemicals’, but insist that their runoff isn’t responsible for the toxic algae blooms we get in our streams and rivers in my area. Nitrogen is nitrogen people.

1 Like

I agree I think newish growers will over use their chemicals and not flush properly giving some flower that harsh taste.
I use GH 3 part in 50% recommend dosage unless i see a defecency .
I’ve been home for 15 years . I just wanted you to know why I don’t want to take money .
Mac 1 is supposed to be nice . There’s a cut going around mass allot of growers have. Supposed to be decent.
For all I know this seed could of been from a herm and she may she male all over . Or be worthless . Here’s to high hopes. I honestly think its a form of diesel every one says is Piff.
Could be chem d too I’m in the right place for it to be around here .

3 Likes

I love Humboldt Seed Organization (not to be confused with Humboldt Seed Company, as you know). Its a great group of people doing great work here (in my opinion). My generation, as well as the younger generation and generations to come, owes everything to them. We are incredibly lucky that older people see fit to pass things along to us. They cultivated (pun absolutely intended) us to inherit and take good care of what they built, and to take good care of them as they retire. It’s now my generation’s time to select and cultivate younger people to pass it on to. Takes a long time to grow good humans.

4 Likes

Kids are fucked up today. My oldest is in highschool all they care about social media .
And it seems like being bi sexual is a new fad. I have no problems with people who like to explore their sexuality or are straight up gay . How does a 15 year old know she would rather sleep with a women then a man if she has never been with either .
My daughter has this friend that says she is gay bit has never dated either sex.
I think the next generation is so shielded from real life they are going to have real problems and develope late in life.

12 Likes

I’ve been looking for a pic of black Pearl, running some crosses with AK and Skunk#1. Do you have any pics of it in early bud? I have one mystery seed that I think may be BP. I also have a pack of NYCSD I’m trying to get in the rotation.

2 Likes