One plant one light, been using this tech for almost 10 years

36 Likes

Looking fat! Im very jealous my aurora indica werent as fat as these. How long you planning to flower for? I found this strain to be around a 10 weeker

1 Like

Tangie is on the Left and aurora on right. Going to start nl5 and sour diesel today i will post pics of medium and steps as i go

6 Likes

Last one i did about 9 weeks, started my flush early should have waited longer. She takes so much nutes canā€™t seem to feed her enough

3 Likes

So I see your 2x2 tray on top of the 20gal resā€¦but do you have a wick systemā€¦or how do you get the capillary effect? I may have missed it earlierā€¦saw octopot and hydroton and started scrolling

1 Like

haha yes i had the same problem! my EC went upwards of 3.1. To be fair I should have just kept pushing it

2 Likes

No capillary effect, straight ebb and flow w/ pump

4 Likes

18 Likes

Do you have also have an airstone in the res?

2 Likes

I use a circulatory pump, and in the summer i use a res chiller

4 Likes

15 Likes

I am using a 8 bulb t5 3500 and 6000k mixed bulbs for veg because my light controllers are all on 12/12 cycles at the moment.

14 Likes

If you are asking about the picture, that is a garden hose and filter.

3 Likes

Pretty solid tech, man. I like itā€¦I like your numbers

3 Likes

Iā€™m running my nutes at 1800ppm and still get CalMag deficiency. Next one Iā€™m going to see what it will take to burn it, if its possible

3 Likes

Twenty characters to remove post :wink:

4 Likes

Nice looking grow outlaw. Thatā€™s kind of how we used to do it when we had to adhere to legal low plant counts.

One plant, 1k lamp per plantā€¦sometimes two lamps if they were big girls. Number five nursery pot with loose flock rock wool if running salts. 30 gal soft pot if running dirt w/organics.

Never did run an active system though, only drain to waste. Not that your set is easier, but it would have been much less demanding.

Spent years rushing home after work to water as soon as lights came on.

I appreciate your passion for the plant

5 Likes

I was a head grower in colorado for 4 years and i know what you mean. I feel more connected to the plants bending and training them to see what i can push out of the genetics. I spend the same amount of time on 12 plants that i would on 100. I left rec to get back to medical and get back to growing. I had a 72 plant count and i can do the same with 12 in flower, 50 lights i kinda loose my focus. ADHD is a muther :wink:

9 Likes

I hear you outlaw. I am currently in Oklahomaā€¦working? A grow? Same story as the last three folks.

Having absolutely no experience and blinded by dollar signs they dumped a bunch of cash building out 80 lights and whole gaggle of Chinese cobs. Should have put the same dollar amount into half the floor space.

No consultation because they know how to it better than a bunch of dumb stoners. Brought a few hundred OD plants back inside last fall along with all the bugs and mold. Because it just made more sense than starting from fresh seed indoors. Saved time.

Sealed rooms with no scrubbers, dirt and dead leaves everywhere, not a signal shop vac on site because, what for? And canā€™t figure out why they keep having problems.

Itā€™s a fixable nightmare. They just wonā€™t provide what is required and donā€™t seem to realize that Iā€™m bending over backward to make it happen. Slept about 24 hours in the last eight days. Just finished working 27 hours straight and going down for a cat nap.

Pretty sure they think Iā€™ll stick with it because of them whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

Told him yesterday that Iā€™m not here for a buck. I just love grow cannabis.

Fixing to let him know that Iā€™m outā€¦and that heā€™s better off leasing the space/license to a ā€œproā€ group and leaving them alone or just selling the property/license as a package deal. Already the response is going to something along the lines of ā€œyou donā€™t know shit from Shinolaā€.

While that may sometimes be the caseā€¦I have enough sense to get the heck away from here.

And I hear you on the adhd. It has itā€™s pros and cons. I try to work within the silver lining.

Tried to back-step into medical. Unfortunately after waiting on inspection for almost two yearsā€¦Oregon is no longer approving licenses.

Take care and keep on keepin

8 Likes

Stay strong, always learn something from every grow and do what you love! I think when the dust cloud settles craft grows is where it is at. Think it was bubble man said ā€œsome growers need forklifts, some donā€™tā€ I know what that means now. I was really tempted to jump to OK glad MO is opened up the worst thing to loose is your freedom, second is passion. Really learning a lot about the future of corporate cannabis with Canadaā€™s legalization and stock prices, they canā€™t compete with blackmarket because of over regulation and overhead. First year i grew $980,000 and i took home shit. Paid the man, the state, the county, the city, the enforcement division, carbon credits, waste water plans, lawyers, architectural drawings of electrical, hvac, security, structure the list goes on and on. I quit for a year and felt like something died inside me. Iā€™ve been growing from age 16 into my 40s now. I went to college for horticulture to be a better grower in 2002 in MN and skipped graduation to move to CO and make shit happen.

Always remember what you do makes peopleā€™s lives more enjoyable and there are people that will bring you to tears when they tell you how much your grow and genetics helped their pain, helped them get through chemo, colon cancer, relax after a shitty day of work, enjoyed the outdoors that much more and remember that glistening bud in the day light, that sweet smell that still makes mouths water. That is what makes me happy

Donā€™t stop growing ever

25 Likes