Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

No NLD means Narrow Leaf Drug cultivar. What people typically call “Sativa”. Technically “Sativa” means wild or hemp cultivars. What we call “Sativa” is actually “Indica” or having origins in India. What we call “Indica” is a Broad or Wide Leaf Drug (WLD/BLD) cultivar. Technically this should be called a “Afghanica” or having origins from Afghanistan.

Feel better bro. Just relax. Breath. Everything is temporary…

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining and I agree I don’t like how NLD look really. They look sick when healthy and bring too much anxiety looking like a super leggy plant that never gets any npk and only water long after the soil was spent.

Maybe it’s because of the fact that I’ve seen WLD plants mainly my whole life when i would see any or maybe it’s OCD. Then again Indica does do better in new England really as a whole. Too large of a temperature swing at night and way too short a season where it’s tropical. I’ve heard plenty of stories from old timers around the area that talked about growing outside my father included and outside of adapting it to the environment you pretty much had to start indoors. Too many Frost’s until this month for example. Hps became a standard to all I talked to. It just worked to keep them Happy until they go outside

i would like to add in defense that this is an auto crossed to a photo. before i came over to over grow i was working on icmag this is a cross from then on auto to photo, and had no idea what the outcome would be. in terms of photo to auto unknown but the genetics are good. when I sent these out i needed info becuse like i said i had no idea what would happen so i only offered the seeds for info only. i thank you for the time put in in giving me info to know which way to go or scrap the project entirely.

4 Likes

Next grow I’ll be running another one. Using what I learned this time to not fuck up at every turn when I should know better by now😅 like it says I’m learning lessons. I keep detailed updates if I can. It seems she may be the blue Zkittlez cross based on that sugary sweet smell she’s giving off now

4 Likes

I was able to stop by fir a quick update. Zelda needed water again. I gave her a drench to help the hydrophobic soil. If I want here this morning I would have caught that faster :sweat_smile:

Zelda is smelling like a minty bubblegum with a pine/herbal note. Tulip is starting to smell like a blueberry and skunk.

Zelda

Tulip

2 Likes

Watering day for Tulip. Zelda’s was yesterday. Gotta go to work. No time for much detail. Zelda is getting fatter colas now. As she appear right now she’s already looking like buds are forming properly.

Zelda

Tulip

2 Likes

I’m home today and I gave Tulip and Zelda both more water. Tulip now is at what Zelda was at yesterday morning and today was watering day for Zelda too after she got hydrophobic soil it dried too much on top.

Zelda ate a leaf and is eating more. This seems like deficiency and not late flower shit. All I add is plain tap water. Today she had runoff and it was clear with no discoloration at all.

I’ll be getting all the plants a way off the ground like the Auto. I took a look at it after I gave the clover around it a drink of water with Zelda and Tulip. Runoff just runs right out the bottom never letting the soil stay wet and always auto friendly so far. The clover perked up and the auto greened up a bit. No nutes. Just plain tap water.

Tulip has yet to be burned by anything I’ve done to her so far. She’s definitely used up the nitrogen I overloaded her with originally. Now it’s back to baseline of my soil allowing a natural deficiency late in flower. She looks a pretty shade of blue and green. IDK what specifically the color is, but sea foam comes to mind. Definitely still green, but enough blue to say it’s blue. I’ll have to see if HDR+ is changing color expression at all subtly enough to not show what my eyes are seeing.

Zelda

Tulip

Blah

That explains why it looked like it was trying to flower the whole time…

3 Likes

Did I forget to mention that before? Yeah it was crossed with my all time favorite strain down the line and it’s very candy like RN. She’s growing much happier looking leaves now. I just never took off the claws it wind burn leaves.

Once I get paid I’ll get more lights in there, a couple clip on fans, and some crates or something else to raise them off the ground. Otherwise improvements to the grow come later.

3 Likes

and also remember that even with strains from well known genetics have to be dial in. so i was taught no strain will grow right the first time you grow it because of by the time you dial all the parameters in like lights and structure vigor how much it eat does it like to be trimmed or not leaf to bud ratio etc . i yet to grow an ibl but i believe when i do it will still have to be dialed in and acclimated to my area. im now interested to know have any of you just got one perfect on first or second grow or try

4 Likes

I agree :100::blush: in my environment I’ve been learning and doing research on ways to grow around that. Though by the end if the year I’ll be somewhere new. I’m not moving to Texas :sweat_smile: not for me. K like my life here despite my allergies. Unless there’s a way to open up a Christmas, Halloween, and Nautical themed shop where we go I’m going to be moving single, so I’m not going with my family when they go. If that means roommate’s then I’ll find people I get along with well I can trust to stash away enough cash to pay their share and they can do what they want with the rest. I have 2 people currently I can do that with. If I go another route I’d end up with my finances brother coming along too​:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say perfect as nothing is…there are some strains that just want to perform nomatter what then on the other hand, minor and sometimes major tweaks have to be made here/there depending if the strain is finicky or not though can get away with a lot knowing the best time of year for the environment etc ie don’t want to run a hid in 90F or run led in 15f weather

Imho, knowing your environment, how it behaves and what adjustments to make is key…soil, nutes, lighting etc all play a role

4 Likes

I’ll be buying what I need to to prepare for when I move. It’s the only real way to guarantee I’ll be stocked in preparation for a 6 month period. Based on what happens I will save my leftover money according to what I see in my new environment.

2 Likes

I got home right after lights off, so I took pictures. Not a lot mostly for color concept. I’ve been cleaning and trying to get my friend to wake the fuck up and head out. He’s not helping me clean and he’s in the way. If I don’t get it clean tonight I won’t get my fridge in here tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Found a mealworm chilling on Tulip’s soil today. Took it out and it’s gone now. Gnats are back stronger than ever. I found a swarm on the clover in Tulip’s pot. They went into the garlic pot after.

What are my options for pest management at this stage in flower?:sweat_smile: I still have mosquito bits, neem oil, and when I get paid I can buy pest strips and nematodes later too. For mealworm larvae though I’ll have to use another BT to kill it off. I’d like to do it sooner than later before I have gnat sprinkles on my bud. Also the mealworm larvae appear to have been munching on leaves.

Also Tulip’s lower leaves are getting dead tips. No other leaves show issues. Looks like roots are getting eaten to me. Similar to burnt tips in appearance. The leaves are being touched by the garlic also. Not sure if that has any effect either.

Zelda is showing some kind of lockout or deficiency in all the fan leaves. The ones partway up the colas have it the worst. It seems to be a calcium one I think :sweat_smile:

Zelda

Tulip

6 Likes

Mosquito bits should keep the gnats under control and be safe at this time. I wouldnt worry too much about them though. Just a sign that you have a living soil.
:+1::seedling:

5 Likes

I mean I’m a little bit worried based on my first grow and how many bugs I picked off the bud. When I say it looked like sprinkles/jimmies I’m not joking at all. Usually 5-10 bugs per bud. If I can avoid it if prefer to

1 Like

This.

You can also do vinegar traps, lower humidity (up the exhaust a bit), diy sticky traps with Popsicle stick and duct tape, rub vaseline on the base of the main stem so they get stuck coming up from the soil ummmm ferment some of that garlic and spray the perimeter…what also helps is to remove any standing water on the property and in the house

All of the bugs are waking up from their winter dormancy…saw a couple aphids the other day, sprayed the trees for leaf miners and got attacked by no-see-ums last night after a nice fire

4 Likes

Zelda

Tulip

Group & overhead

4 Likes

Your indoor looks perfect @OniTenshu. I dunno what your doing but keep doing whatever it is :+1:
Is this because of @MomOnTheRun teaching/advice/help?? If so I may book her for my next grow :rofl::+1:

4 Likes