Oozle's Indoor

Yeah, the nematodes you kind of have to use pretty much right when you get them, so if you’ve already bought them, for sure use them. And maybe follow up with the Gnatrol if the gnats don’t go away.

That’s another thing I like about it, is that you can kind of keep it around indefinitely. I bought a bag of it three years ago and it’s still working. I do like to follow it up a few days later with a compost tea or maybe some OG Biowar or something, just to kind of try to “balance” shit out, but that’s just me. I don’t always do that and it doesn’t seem like anything gets outta whack or whatever.

2 Likes

Here’s a grow report from 2 grows I did over the last year and I don’t see a Ocean Grown Seeds thread, so I will put it here.

Alien Rift - Ocean Grown Seeds

This is the grow from last year.

I’ve grown this strain probably the most out of any strain. It is my wife’s favorite strain. I always need some in the stash, so I run it once - twice a year. This year I will see if I can keep a clone around so I don’t have to keep popping seeds.

Smell: Pungent, sour, gas, lemon, rubber, and some spice. Pretty consistent in most plants I harvested over the years, some variation.

Effects: I get zoned out and tired when I smoke it. My wife has the complete opposite. Get’s talkative, uplifted, motivated, helps her migraines, and her “monthly” pains. It is her go to strain when she wants to feel good. Many times we smoke a J and it’s me just listening to her talk haha.

Grow Stats:
2 plants in 10 gallon DWC
Botanicare nutrients + liquid karma. EC 1.2-1.4 most of flower.
7 days germination
30 days Veg
70 days flower
= 107 day grow cycle

Now for my most most recent Alien Rift harvest I ran a few months ago. This one I grew in DWC then soil. I tried Ventana nutrients for the first time and had bad results. The plant was healthy and frosty as heck, but the terps and effects were subpar. I thought maybe just a bad pheno, but I ran a clone in soil and it was like a completely different plant in terms of terpenes and effects. I dried and cured it with my other plants I harvested around the same time. They were grown in botanicare and they were tasty and terpy like they should be.
The soil grown clone is what my wife and I were used to. I don’t know if it was environmental or the nutrients, but I’m not buying Ventana again. Even if Ventana did produce good herb, I would still pass due to their price and nutrient concentration. Each ml/gal is only like 10-15 ppms, so you go through bottles so fast. Talk about a money sink… just not a good nutrient line imo.

Grow Stats:
5 gallon DWC
Ventana Nutrients EC 1.3-1.5 most of flower.
8 Days - Germination
25 Days - Veg
75 Days - Flower
108 day grow cycle

Now here is the soil version of the same plant:

Soil
Grow info:
63 Days - Flower
5 gallon Stonington Blend
amended with EWC, coco, and volcanic rock dust.

As I mentioned above, this one blew my last DWC grow out of the water (pun intended :slight_smile: ). But the results were similar to my other DWC grows of the Alien Rift line.

I will be running a couple more Alien Rift’s this fall as I gotta keep the misses happy.

10 Likes

I got some mail today! This and one of the DLA strains that sold out almost immediately I wanted from the new Bodhi drop. I held out as long as I could, but there was only 5 left at JBC, so I had to grab a pack.
I’m doing well though on seed buying, I’ve only bought 2 packs this year… this and Copa Icy Grape F2’s when they were cheap as heck at DC seed exchange. Oh and the JBC freebie… It looks awesome. I am actually looking forward to popping it this winter. JBC seeds, always fast and great deals.

Popped some new seeds. 2 Balefire fems and I will probably flower only 1 in an earthbox is my other 3x3. Also doing a little germination/veg test on some home made seeds. I popped 5 Ethiopian Flame x Sky Lotus seeds. I only have about 50 more of these, the sky lotus f2’s and the cherry x sky lotus I have a shit ton, like 3k+ total.

Added nematodes to the earthbox last night. Hopefully this plus the Gnatrol I got today will take care of the fungus gnat problem.

Plant pics later tonight when the lights turn on.

6 Likes

F28.

Arise x Golden Goat clone. I killed the mother, so this will be my last run. Solid plant. Great taste and smells and solid smoke, but nothing special. I have a lot of seeds to go through, so I killed all my mothers.

Added some nematodes yesterday and sticky traps. Hopefully they take care of the fungus gnat problem. I also have some Gnatrol… I’ll use that tomorrow.

9 Likes

I am testing out one of the crosses I made a couple months ago. I was a little worried about the seed viability as I harvested the Ethiopian Flame about 3 weeks after pollination, but they are tiger striped and I went 5/5. I will probably pick 1 maybe 2 and throw them in an earthbox for the summer. These are just over 5 days since water hit seed.

Ethiopian Flame (Doc D) x Sky Lotus (Bodhi)

Balefire - 1/2 sprouted. The other one didn’t look the best and never popped. I might start another seed, but since I’m only trying to fill out my 3x3 and I was 5/5 on the regs, I will probably just run with what I have here.

I put them in a paper-towel and ziplock for the first 48 hours, then moved right to seed started with some Coast of Maine soil. I always use starter plugs, never straight into soil/seed starter so I was a little concerned about getting the moisture correct, but every day they are alive, the easier it gets.

3 Likes

Good luck with these babies! Super intriguing strains as always; especially your home-spun cross :partying_face:

1 Like

thanks. I’m keeping it small until middle/late August then I will start up my 4x4 again. I am pretty sure I am going back to do a DWC run or two. Soil’s fun, but I think I like DWC the best.

2 Likes

Agreed. I love DWC and miss it already but likely won’t fire up the buckets again or start anything new until the end of summer.

1 Like

F35.
Arise x Golden Goat (Irie Genetics)

I’ve been having humidity problems, about 58-67%+ for most of flower. I tried to add a dehumidifier and open up some vents, but for some reason the humidity wouldn’t go lower.
I started to get worried about mold, so I moved the plant into my 4x4. The whole process went surprisingly smooth.

The fungus gnats seem much less of a problem now. I added the nematodes last week and the Gnatrol a couple days ago. I’m thinking the gnatrol hasn’t really had time to work, but the sticky traps are helping tons.

In the 3x3:

Now a 4x4 all to itself:

And my seedlings at about 8 days now. (Ethiopian Flame x Sky Lotus) and Balefire:

7 Likes

Just happened across your journal and read through. Nice work, some pretty amazing sounding crosses. Look forward to seeing more.

1 Like

ty. I’m happy my own seeds actually popped. It was my first pollen chuck and I hit everything I had flowering. I’m glad I got the experience of making seeds and plan to do a pollen chuck once a year now, just because why not make more seeds.

2 Likes

Happy to report I fixed my humidity problems and now I am running closer to my goal environment. I shoot for 75-78 50-55% humidity mid-late flowering. It’s too much work/electricity to bring the humidity lower then that.

3 Likes

F41.
Arise x Golden Goat clone (Irie Genetics)

If anyone can help with my question I would very much appreciate it, if you can tell from the pic anyways.

Is this budrot? I noticed the pistils start to go orange a little earlier on this bud and it looks wrong. Some of the pistils seems to being falling off and pale.

If it is I guess I didn’t move it to the other tent fast enough and those 65% nights got to it.
Here’s the rest of the plant:

I ordered another couple packs of seed. I should stop but my wife gave me a voucher for Father’s day, so I grabbed a new breeder to try, Jaws. Hopefully I can get pop pack of it before xmas.
Thanks for reading.

6 Likes

I doubt it’s bud rot. You’re a little early for that, day 41 and all… It doesn’t look like it at all, anyway. It’s possible something hermed and those flowers got pollinated. That might explain the withering pistils, but maybe they’re just withering. I’ve had plants start showing brown pistils around day 35 and I was like,”Gawddamn it, something hermed…” but I didn’t find any sacs at the time and no seeds once I harvested, either.

Sometimes plants just do that. Having said that, I’d check for sacs and nanners.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll go back in and take another look for some nanners or pollen sacs. It doesn’t quite look like any budrot I’ve seen before, but it looks like something took a chunk out of the bud. Maybe I damaged the bud during the move to the 4x4.

My little babies are doing well. These are at about 2 weeks old. I am planning on flowering 1 Balefire and 1 of my homemade crosses (Ethiopian Flame x Sky Lotus ) in earth boxes.

I switched the lights from 24/0 to 17/7. A little stretchy. I’m using one 65-watt light about 20-24" and I sometimes have trouble dialing in the distance seedlings.

5 Likes

1 - Balefire (Oreoz x Plat Kush)
5 - Ethiopian Flame x Sky Lotus

I top fed some Stonington blend plant food and some soil. They were in seed starter and looked hungry. I will probably move them to 1 gallons in the next day or two.
One of the Ethiopian x Sky lotus plants is a runt and looks messed up, so I will cull it when I do the transplants.

coast1

I am hoping to sex the regulars in the next 2-3 weeks by taking some clones and throwing them in my flower tent. I’m looking to flower 1 of the Ethiopian Flame x Sky lotus crosses I made in an earthbox and the Balefire by Katsu in another earthbox. I’m keeping my grow footprint small until the end of summer.

5 Likes

You ought to think about holding on to the runt, it may turn into something special.

2 Likes

It’s a good idea, but I am not planning on keeping any clones from this run. I’m going to take a couple of clones and throw them in the flower tent but then cull them.

I have a lot of seeds to go through and this batch is something to keep me sane until I do my bigger runs in September.

2 Likes

F48.
Arise x Golden Goat (Irie Genetics)

Nothing really going on, just cruising through the last couple weeks.
Probably around 2.5-3 weeks left.

9 Likes

Even more of a reason to keep it around and see what happens. I mean, if you have the room, why not check it out?

I’ve often found that my starts will look kinda shitty and runty when they’re in their little three-inch starter pots, but once I transplant into the half-gallons for vegging, they usually explode and look much healthier. Just sayin’…

1 Like