Other_barry and the Ogreberry Chronicles (Adam's Winner)

Looking much happier today, to me.

8 Likes

Later today, or tomorrow, I’m going to pull most of the bigger leaves again.

6 Likes

Looks like the girls are moving into flower. The leaves were getting a little dense, so I pulled some, but since they are transitioning, I figure I’ll just pull a little at a time.

9 Likes

I think it’s about time I start topping off these ladies in the middle of the week. I did the last res swap 8 days ago, and the water level was a little low.

Just gave them a new 5 gallon mix of jacks at 75%
pH 6
ppm 790

10 Likes

Looking a little bounced back, today

8 Likes

Lefty is still struggling. Not sure what’s going on. Both ppm (810) and pH (6.15) are up slightly, so I’m going to top them off with plain RO at 5.8

7 Likes

Credit to the chart that @Rhai88 sent a while back, but this supports the plan to top off with ph’ed RO (ignore the markings)

Water down, ppm and pH both up

5 Likes

So I opened my new Apera meter to compare what my other newish cheaper meter said, and it was about the same. Then I calibrated and it was off.

ec 1771 - ppm 1280 - ph 5.97

I need to mix up new nutes, but I will be frequently calibrating my new meter and using that to stay on point. Lesson learned. If something plays such a big piece of deciding the quality of your results, dont cheap out.

For the time being, I drained half the tote and refilled it with the ph’ed RO water I already had.

5 Likes

pH - 6.16
ec - 1236
ppm -

I think they look a little better. But I need to look at the pics side by side, first.

Put about a gallon more of the pH’ed RO in the res.
Also turned up the air pump a little bit.

7 Likes

What is the lineage on Ogreberry?

These tester autos were bred by 20Twenty who has not started offering them yet, so info on their end is limited.

I did find this online and since it says the Mendocino area, I assume its accurate, plus auto

(Ogre x Island Strawberry Afghani)

4 Likes

I also noticed the leaves still look worse, after comparing. I am not really sure what to do. I will probably mix up a new batch of Jacks, starting at 25% of my nutrient schedule, and check the ph and ec. After that I will likely bump it up, after discussing with the growmies.

4 Likes

I made a batch of nutes at 25% of the schedule I was referencing:

A - 3.6g
B - 2.4g
Eps - .9g

Then I balanced the pH and checked it with the meter I just calibrated yesterday:

pH - 5.80
ec - 804
ppm - 572

I swapped the res out with this batch, Hopefully Lefty can recover.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that cannabis plants in the same planter and even (strangely enough) in the same grow room are sympathetic to each other. Ever noticed if you chop one plant up the others in that same pot get droopy? It’s possible that since you have different strains in the same DWC that they are competing, and the drooping you are seeing is them trying to tell you this.

Is it possible for you to separate the different strains?

Edit: My mistake, I thought the plants were different strains. I would still try to separate the plants though.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

At the time, this was my only other planter I could run these in. I now have single bucket systems I can run, but if the autopots do as well as I hope on my Blueberry run, I might have to get those for this tent, as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just don’t know

5 Likes

Between Righty and my blueberry plants, I’m hesitant to change the nutes. They are all thriving. Not sure what I can do for Lefty.

7 Likes

It’s been a few days. Lefty still makes me sad.

20220924_182429

5 Likes

Can you rinse the roots off on lefty? Maybe add a little hydrogen peroxide?

2 Likes

I did swap the res out 2x, and it did seem to stop progressing for the worse, but it just looks bad. I was debating putting some peroxide in there, just to see, but was afraid I would make things worse.

5 Likes